GeForce Forceware 182.06 WHQL download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Huigie, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Captain Mazda

Captain Mazda Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580
    No-go for me then. I'll stick with my problem-free 181.22. Fear 2 works flawlessly with them anyways.

2. psy_parasite

psy_parasite Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950x2 OC
    im getting some strange refresh bug on desktop when i drag to select something. the entire screen flickers flashes until i stop selecting. not sure what the problem is, vsync on, single display performance mode. only seems to happen in vista classic mode , or vistabasic. works fine with aero

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Everyone in this thread prior to your post has the OS stated in their specs. Bar one person. So check the posts, so far it seems to be a good driver for both XP and Vista.

4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    They work good for me.. BF2 and Crysis Warhead run very well... vantage test showed a slight increase from the last WHQL set and over all IQ looks good with Vista 32bit and XP32bit on both a 9800GTX and a 8600GT

5. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    In the windows system folder try deleting whatever the other nvapps.xxx file is (I forget the extension right now) leaving only nvapps.xml which is the one the CP reads/writes too. For some reason since 181.x for me, the CP will always read from that other default nvapps.xxx file, effectively not loading changed/added profiles!

6. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    This driver were awful for World of Warcrsft, back to 180.20

7. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Seems to be working fine for me (vista 64). SLI is working as well as DV. Anyone tested these yet in Terran Conflict or GTA4? Didn't have a chance earlier today and now I'm at work. Also, no clocking issues for me and my pair of 280's :). Anyhoo...

8. Spongebong

Spongebong Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX980 SC
    Anybody know what the deal with resize desktop in 182.06? (XP32)
    When resizing screen from 1280x720 it sets it 1192x668 then have to change every game to this resolution for the screen to fit properly.
    In 180.48 resizing kept shown screen res. @1280x720 so no need for changing in all games.

9. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT
    working fine here at xp 32bits, also in wow

10. BlackShogun

BlackShogun Active Member

GPU:
    Chaintech GF8800GTS 512MB
    Vista x64 here. Great driver sets! No complaints so far...GTA4, GRID, POP, COD4, COD5, FallOut, FarCry, Crysis, Warhead. Runs very well in games, dunno in bechies...I will try Underworld and Mass Effect later on today, shouldn't be any trouble....now I got to go to work!

Keepers for me!

11. YuKsS

YuKsS Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus gtx 1070 strix oc
    thanks, i´m using 181.22 so far without any problem.. i´m gonna try this to see what happend.. xp 32bits sp3

12. geppwnd

geppwnd Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680
    Just install it and play Fear 2 for an hour and get soild 130fps which is seems about the same as the beta one. I need to try other games but so far it works great and downclocks in SLI. I can't see the difference with 182.05 beta

13. SickBoy254698

SickBoy254698 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 OC
    FYI GTA IV just crashed on me at the end of a mission with this driver. Yes I have a legal copy. I was using the 181.05 for the last week and the game was finally running perfectly. I had been playing for about 45-60 minutes which was about when the crash would occur with drivers prior to the 181.05. I will see if I can make it happen again a little later.

14. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Good to hear, I'll be trying these out tomorrow after work with 295 + Vista Business x64.

15. djones05

djones05 New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce 5600FX
    Improve 5600FX 256MB

Hi guys,

I'm just new here and I'm not a know-how yet in the field of graphics card improvement. I need you help. Do you know how to improve the graphics and speed of GeForce 5600FX? I tried to play some games such as Freedom Force vs the 3rd Reich, CS 1.6, Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophesy, POP: the Two Thrones and C&C: Tiberium Wars w/ expansion Kane's Wrath. All games ran w/ these games. But in C&C, the games seemed be quite slow, in comparison w/ new graphics card such as Series 7,8, and later.

I've searched the internet and said that there were possibilities but I don't have much successful result. They said it could be done through overclocking and / or using modded programs or forceware. Please help me on this guys. Maybe it's really possible to improve the quality and speed of my GeForce 5600FX 256MB? Another reason of why I wanted to improve it because I wanted to get my hands on the new POP 2008. Below are the specifications of my desktop:
    Intel P4 3.0GHz
    1GB DDR RAM
    80GB HDD
    Sochet 478B Motherboard
    Inno3D Geforce 5600FX 256MB
    Windows XP SP2

Thank you so much for all of your help.

16. BlackShogun

BlackShogun Active Member

GPU:
    Chaintech GF8800GTS 512MB
    @djones05
    Shouldn't you try to open a new thread for your question? Your post kind of out of topic.

17. digital demon

digital demon Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC
    As with 182.05, 3DMark06 is up, Far Cry 2 and World in Conflict are down and Warhead locks up (all benchmarks). Went back to the trusty 181.22.

18. Barton C++

Barton C++ Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Hawk GTX460 1GB @ SLI
    Nvidia must make better drivers/apps, here's a screenshot I took after driver install and reboot.

[​IMG]

I've got SLI GTX260, but only one monitor/cable connected to top card.

After de-selecting the #3 CRT monitor (LOL) in nvcpl, all went back to normal.

19. NightCrawler™

NightCrawler™ Member Guru

GPU:
    2 EVGA GTX460 1 8800GTSSC
    I gave that a shot but still no go... Cheers for thinking along.. :)

20. MaidenFred

MaidenFred Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti Suprim X
    Vista ultimate 64
    No problem for me with these drivers, I get +100 3dmark06 compared to 182.05 which gave me +600 compared to 181.22 ! ! !

Well done NVidia, updating is now usefull.

For best installation, use control panel, system, device manager, uninstall graphic card driver AND PICK DELETE DRIVER otherwise it will reinstall itself after reboot! (You must delete driver every time)
    Before reboot don't forget to use driver sweeper and delete nvidia and physics drivers.

At reboot, standard vga driver should install itself. If not, old stored nvidia driver is installed and ask for reboot. In that case, restart uninstall and delete each nvidia driver.

Best method for me, never had any problem, no need to boot in safe mode...