GeForce Forceware 182.06 WHQL download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Huigie, Feb 18, 2009.

1. Hunted

Hunted Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080
    Hi all..

Running Vista x64, but since I uninstalled 185.20 and used driver cleaner.net twice, I still get a problem with my screens going very dark. Almost totally black. The game will work/display fine, but my second screen will be dark already.

When I close the game both screens are dark. I can just about make out my desktop on the LCD and have to load the Nvidia control panel, which appears twice in the right click desktop menu.

I have to then just slightly adjust my desktop colors to get my screens brightness back.

I'm not sure if anyone has this problem or had it before. I just might need to reinstall 185.20 again to get the drivers to work correctly.

Any tips?

thnx

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I know this sounds stupid, but did you enable 'dual cards' in the options menu?

3. dabrooks

dabrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA GTX 980Ti Gaming
    Foes, did you edit the config_mp.cfg file in your player's profile folder? Each new profile defaults to a max fps of 90 I believe. I got a substantial jump in fps with sli versus single GPU, just edited for a max of 250.

4. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    yeppers..did that..I think I may have figured out the issue. Guru3d here did a GPU test for W@W and the 260 Sli results are about equal to mine, but the single 280 results are 51 FPS ave. So I am thinking that even though I have SLi disabled in the Nvidia control panel and in the ingame graphic settings that it is still using both cards. I may try removing the SLi bridge and see what happins, or totally remove second card and test.

5. Alec**

Alec** Maha Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5850 1GB H²0
    OK, im getting mixed comments on this ... Has the problem with Unreal Tournament 3 (thats been ongoing with nVidia drivers since 180.43) been fixed? Are people still finding it crashing during online play after about 10mins or is it now stable?

Replys Much Appreciated, Thanks

6. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's

I only play single player, so there is no players profile that I could find. Also did a search for the config_mp.cfg with no luck.

**UPDATE**

I set max fps to 250 via console command..here are results..improvment, kinda

before
    min/max/ave
    44/93/69

after
    min/max/ave
    40/171/68

Max FPS sure went up, but did not affect my AVE.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  7. g60force

g60force Master Guru

GPU:
    NV 1660Ti + 5850
    WarHammer 40k dawn2 has the same thing when first boss jump in the air ans hits the groumd :(

8. ajua

ajua Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 Black Edition
    No problems so far. I'm playing FEAR2 all max with 4xAF and 4xAA.

Will try tomorrow with GRID and NFS undercover.

9. wannabe

wannabe Member

GPU:
    9600 GT
    Stuck with 178.24 coz were the last drivers able to play L4D /TF2 with multicore on without crashing.

Have tested those and they do work!
    Got an ~5fps increase with a custom demo.

10. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Am I the only one with the profiles not working???

11. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's
    Profiles do not work for me at all...tested from 180.48-182.06

12. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's

Well, I tested my theory that even though SLi was disabled in the Nvidia control panel that W@W still might be using both cards, so I removed power from second card and tested again with pretty much the same FPS..see below

SLi
    min/max/ave
    40/171/68

single card power removed
    min/max/ave
    47/127/67

13. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
  14. HeatSurge

HeatSurge Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 c216 679/1080
    Overclocking my GTX 260 is broken with this... bluescreened twice on me in nv4_disp.dll while messing around in my desktop over the last week. Also l4d crashes with a weird "single color" crash outlined in detail here:
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=801907

XP SP3. If you're using Vista, please don't reply to this post that it's working fine for you, because it seems like it's a XP problem, but I'm not sure.

I'm seriously considering going backwards to an eariler driver revision right now. I hope they fix the overclocking or whatever issues are causing this, in Left 4 Dead specifically, and the very rare but annoying desktop nv4_disp.dll crash.

15. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    thats impossible mate i only get 12,005 and it looks like i have a faster rig (defo in the the gfx department). do you have a seperate phyixs card, because i cant see that an extra 2gig of ram will give you an extra 2000 points.

16. Foes

Foes Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 260's

Your score seems a little low. I get 13079 off of one 260. Actually, have yet to run on the drivers..let me do that real quick.

wow..drop Vantage drop for me

P11777

GPU 9723
    CPU 32135

Last edited: Feb 23, 2009
  17. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    No.I don't have a physix card.SLI 8800 GTS 512 beat the GTX260:biggun:
    and the cards are OC'ed to.My GPU score is 11895 and CPU score is 30000 with geforce physix.

18. Kardondo

Kardondo New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX260 216sp
    Blue screens and games crashes!!!!!!!!!!

I've installed the 182.06 whql for vista ultimate x64.... the problems started ith a bSOD then every game i tried crashed(Cod4;DeadSpace,Crysis Warhead...)

i cleaned with driver sweeper uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled the 181.22whql. the games still crashes.

Rig :
    C2D E7200 @ 2.53Ghz
    4096Mb ddrII PC8000 memory.
    eVGA GTX 260 core 216
    22 inch monitor

19. Kardondo

Kardondo New Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX260 216sp
    already done that!! but no answer....

20. Bram

Bram Member

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 896MB
    I am getting crashes in Team Fortress 2 with this driver using 32bit XP. I went back to 181.22 with no problems.