GeForce ForceWare 175.16 Beta download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mailoc, May 6, 2008.

1. AuDioFreaK39

AuDioFreaK39 Active Member

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon HD 5970 2GB
    Vista x64
    EVGA 9800GX2 @ 726/1815/1101

3DMark Vantage 1.0 Results:

GeForce 174.88 - P11041 3DMarks
    GeForce 175.16 - P11050 3DMarks

performance difference: negligible.

by the way, Digital Vibrance is disabled in 175.16, which is something that many people such as myself use to get more saturation out of our monitors.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  2. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Everything working top shape with me,Pretty stable drivers :)

3. bluemoogle

bluemoogle Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260

anyone else confirm the fan speed fix?

4. Pandora77

Pandora77 New Member

Having Problem with Drivers

Hi all,

I have downloaded 175.12 and 175.63 and tried to install. Once the install in finished and Vista has rebooted, I keep getting "compatible video card not found" message. :bang: The install seems to go smoothly??? I have an ASUS EN9800GX2 and am using Vista 32... Can anyone give me any pointers at to what is going wrong as I'd like to try the new drivers...

Thanks in advance!

5. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Digital vibrance works fine here. Im on xp , we could do with people who are having trouble with digital vibrance to also state operating system.

6. slickric21

slickric21 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Oh yeah, typo. Edited Original post. My Bad.

Good job you arrived to point this out, don't know what would have happened if you didn't.:chainsaw:

7. AndyL273

AndyL273 New Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800 Ultra x 2 SLI
    Has anyone had any sucess with MS Flight Simulator X? I have tried all the drivers from 169.44 to this and all do not work. I always revert back to the 169.44. My screen flashes and then I get the video driver recovery error

8. mehdi

mehdi Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    My screen flashes and then I get the video driver recovery error[/QUOTE]

I have the same thing happen everytime I play crysis in DX10 Dx9 exe works fine wondering if this driver fixes this.

9. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    tested some more and i can confirm the IQ increase this time it isn't a placebo at all there was clearly a difference in all of the games i have played, another great thing i have noticed was the CP when jumping from option to option theres barely any wait so this is clearly the fastest CP ever since nvidia updated their cp a couple of years ago at least in my case, if anyone can confirm this i'd be glad. thx

performance in games is very comparable to the 174.74 which is good except the 175.16 are better thanks to a higher iq, 1 or 2fps increase (any increase is good) and a faster control panel, stability was perfect too.

keepers! :thumbup:

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  10. josephmoore

josephmoore Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 295
    Did anyone try this drivers with CoD4 and 8800 GTX/Ultra? Is it worth to change to this version?
    Thanks.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Are these newer or older than 175.68 drivers? Im only asking seen as these were released after but have a lower number. Also Nvidia released these first and straight after Microsoft released SP3 for XP so maybe 175.16 is better than .68

Which one has the latest date?

12. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    Wow... guys...

I just tried Oblivion with these, and now I can successfully Alt-Tab out of the game, and then come back to it and it doesn't hang anymore! I love these drivers.

13. scandalous

scandalous Master Guru

GPU:
    980TI Classified
    Where has this 175.68 driver been released? The only one I kind find with the highest "number" is the 175.63 driver.

14. ionutzzuwicked

ionutzzuwicked Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8600GT 512 DDR3 750/2100
    175.16 drivers increase my 3dmark score whit more than 300 points and fixes the white dots (when AA is set to 8x) from nfs prostreet.

15. KillerC

KillerC Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    Digital Vibrance is working , and working quite well I might add , here , 175.16 vista 32bit driver.
    Also my Video and Live TV (Hauppague media center TV) appears to be much clearer and sharper , it seemed to be somewhat washed out on the last official set of beta drivers for me. (note: I call any driver listed on Nvidias own site as officially released beta or not) :nerd:

Performance seems about the same , R6 Vegas 2 runs as super smooth as always , ALL detail maxed 1680X1050 , BF2/2142 still suffer from the "EA never said it would work with vista" minor hitches , and I like the max pre-render frames feature , I don't remember seeing that since the OLD Nvidia driver days....I wonder if it works as "force" V-sync (for any game without its own V-sync....BF2/BF2142) has been broken for me since I got my 8800 and Vista , I have been using Rivatuner's D3D Overrider feature to cure that little problem.

16. KEZZA

KEZZA Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 670
    Fighting the urge to be a smart arse at the minute

17. reggis

reggis Active Member

GPU:
    4870x2 and 4870 crossfire
    Aye ...

18. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    QTF.

Will test them aswell on Age of conan cbeta.

19. Alcyone

Alcyone Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX280 1GB
    Uhm, these drivers dropped 3dmark06 score like 800 points compared to 175.12. The proxycon test ran like peg-legged chicken SLI enabled :/

EDIT: Blame Vista on this one. After reboot the scores returned to previous levels. It seems like the first activation of SLI after driver install wasn't 100% success or so.

20. theonlybabyface

theonlybabyface Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Titan X SC
    It looks like Digital Vibrance is ONLY broken with the 9800GX2 + Vista combo...unfortunately, a deal breaker for me as I love the DV!!!