Geforce Experience

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by marcvampire, Sep 25, 2013.

1. marcvampire

marcvampire Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    I've been experimenting with the 'Geforce Experience' app to see if it's at all useful, and while in some games, it seems to be ok, i'm noticing that it's configuring some games with really strange settings.

For instance, on Arkham City, it sets Physx to off even though I have a GTX 660, well capable of even the High setting.

And on Blacklist, it puts nearly everything on high except Tesselation which is fine, but then it turns off Anistropic filtering altogether!

What is the overall opinion of this app, should it be removed and just use the control panel/inspector?

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just use the control panel/inspector.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I tried it with my GTX660 and found it was pretty hit or miss on game settings. Personally, I'd rather configure graphics settings manually on a "per-game" basis as opposed to letting NVidia decide what settings are best.... For some games, it's too conservative and other games it's too aggressive...so, if I have to change settings anyway when NVidia gets them wrong, I might as well do it from the start.

It's a great concept...but it'll never be perfect...

4. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    I used it for a bit then stopped using it, its good for people who don't want to bother learning about all the little details. Since I already know what most of each setting does in Inspector and CP. I find little use for this application. In truth, you can achieve probably better results on your own if you take the time to test each setting out and see how it looks visually in game.

Geoforce Experience doesn't even make use of Supersampling AA methods which look much better than MSAA, CSAA or post processing AA.

I don't know if this is true, but when I reinstalled my drivers and only installed the graphics driver and not the Geoforce Experience, I noticed slightly higher and consistent fps.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Placebo effect.... Geforce Experience takes almost no resources at all to run.

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I refuse to use sh!tware on my computer.

7. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    Some viruses take almost no resources to run as well, but it ****s the system up!

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080
    GeForce Experience is alright, I guess, but as you said it does opt for some bizarre settings at time. For example, it suggests Fallout: New Vegas with a 15 Specularity Fade instead of 20 when it is a very undemanding setting for my card. For Skryim I'm told to turn off FXAA when it does a great job of removing jaggies on transparencies/alpha textures. It also suggests I pretty much turn everything off/drop to minimum settings, including AA, forTotal War: Rome II, which is a real insult to the card I own!

It's a superfluous app IMO that might be useful for the 0.5% of gamers who don't understand how to set graphics settings.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I'm very much against pre-defined settings or programs that recommend "optimal" settings. You're already in trouble when launching a game for the first time and noticing that it recommends Medium settings although your computer is perfectly capable of running Ultra.
    But sure, I understand the need for GeForce Experience if you know nothing about graphics in general.

My recommendation is not to use this program if you have basic knowledge regarding graphical settings for computer games. Just try different settings for yourself and pick the one you feel runs best on your system :)

10. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070Super
    I kinda like it.
    I just let it configure all my games first and then i just have to adjust a few things while i have fraps up.
    Since i'm gaming att 2560x1440 (and sometimes att 85Mhz aswell when i bother to oc my monitor) with a single card i'm supprised how precise the settings can be.

11. fr33jack

fr33jack Maha Guru

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    hmm. when it's be able to give me the same functional as Inspector then I may be considering to use it to configure my games and such ;) ...but so far it's just a auto cfg tool for people who can not cope with medium amount of text :p ...but again, automation is convenient thing.