GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JonasBeckman, Dec 6, 2012.

1. khanmein

khanmein Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
    Foliage Visibility Range for Witcher 3 should set at High not Ultra.

Nothing wrong with the GFE.

2. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
    Except that it requires you to be online without pratical reason giving information to Nvidia most would rather not divulge if they knew what it was used for. Or do you think they do this out of the kindness if their heart?

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Why? :3eyes:

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Well, I don't use it to apply my game settings anyway; I just glance through the games list out of curiosity to see what settings it recommends for my hardware. Anything less than maxed out on my system and I get suspicious... ;)

I've reported these issues to NVIDIA in the hope that they will update their software for the less informed who may end up playing these games on lower settings than they need to.

5. khanmein

khanmein Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
  6. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I swear the average PC gamer is becoming dumber by the minute thanks to GeForce Experience :3eyes:

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970 STRIX
    Dumb people don't use it though, it's the dumb people who think they are too good for it and instead fill forums and YouTube videos with rants about a game/driver/os when they break stuff.

There is nothing dumb about using GFE if it works.

8. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Not used In months. Is it still causing poor performance in bf1?

9. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 1070 GTX
    I keep it on. I like the broadcasting and replay options.
    I don't use it to change my game settings, I do that manually.

I don't see any performance loss or gain with it on or off using the 382.05 drivers.

10. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    What I meant was, that the average user will get lazy by using it.
    Learning by doing is always the best approach, and switching off your brain and allowing GFE to set your settings is not a good idea IMO.

And what about configuration file tweaking, modding, and driver profile customization.
    GFE will never be able to do those things properly anyway.

11. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970 STRIX
    The average user has no place doing things manually.

Config file tweaking, modding and driver profile customisation are all a waste of gaming time.

GFE does not stop people who enjoy tweaking keeping to keep on doing it, but not everyone has lots of free time to burn doing such things, and many have no interest in doing it either.

12. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    "waste of gaming time"

lol, you do realize this is PC gaming?

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  13. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970 STRIX
    Yes, PC "GAMING" not PC tweaking or benchmarking or modding.

Doing things the long way is idiotic, and reserved for people who have far too much time on their hands.

I'm not arguing there is not a place for this if you enjoy it, but if you don't enjoy it why would you put yourself it??

14. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    If you truly believe something like GFE can ever come close to achieving the same result in terms of IQ, gaming experience and customization as doing things the manual way, then there is no arguing with you.
    I agree, for the very "casual" low-end of PC gaming it might be warranted, but for everyone else it is completely useless.

15. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970 STRIX
    I never once said it could achieve the same result in terms of IQ, i just said that it has a place and anything that makes PC gaming more attractive is a positive thing, i have wasted a few decades on this now and these days i just want to play the game.

I feel your are overestimating the importance of doing things manually though, why waste time testing every setting for your card when someone has already done that for you?

Mods will, and config tweaks may takes thing further, but when you are working with the same ingame options as GFE you are not doing anything special, and making things difficult for yourself is not something to be celebrated.

16. khanmein

khanmein Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC ACX 3.0
    @GuruKnight Everyone has different opinion & this is subjective. GFE still has plenty of room to be improved.

Like myself, install GFE for the giveaway due to I'm a #poorpeople.

If GFE is bad, it will be removed, but what's the reason behind AMD ReLive exist?

17. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I must have to apologize for my behavior in this thread yesterday.
    Opinions are, as you say, highly subjective.

But when somebody calls PC gaming tweaking/modding/customization a "waste of gaming time", this is incredibly disrespectful and ignorant in my eyes.
    I have spent well over a decade building and testing the contents in my NVIDIA master thread spreadsheet, and such information is critical to PC users IMO:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4908843&postcount=1

Without these essential features, we might as well just give up and buy a PS4 instead.
    And GFE isn't helping in that regard, since I still believe some users would be better off without it.
    Learning by doing things yourself is best, as I said earlier.
    Otherwise we will soon have a whole generation of PC gamers, that are used to being spoonfed the solutions without putting any effort into things themselves.

Anyway, just my two cents on the matter :)

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X GTX 1070
    The forced login was enough to keep me away from the stupid thing. Is it still like that?

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970 STRIX
    It wasn't meant to be disrespectful though, which is why i made sure i didnt just say a waste of time.

If someone has limited time to game then it might be a choice between either tweaking with no game time or gaming with a quick and easy solution that could get them onto the game instantly.

You will always have people who want to tweak and this won't change that, but I will help the ones who hate that stuff but still want a gaming PC.

Sometimes I wish i hated it, but im the same with video players as well. Could never be happy with something like VLC and would rather grab MPC HC and then MadVR, or when I went HTPC it was Mediaportal rather than XBMC, even if it was common that I would take so long tweaking that 10mins into a film I would be asleep.

Apologies for any iffy grammar etc.. still don't like using my phone on here.