Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JonasBeckman, Dec 6, 2012.
Does anyone know where GFE stores installers when you run the update feature?
Hey I tried stream to YouTube battlefield 1 and got sound stutter here and there watch at my Chanel yosef019
Because the 'optimal' settings aren't always correct; they're either too conservative or they enable useless 'fluff' like DSR (my opinion).
I've found them quite accurate so far, definetly not conservative unless your target framerate is 30ps or you don't mind framerate drops.
Only ever saw DSR suggested when it's older games that aren't fully taxing the hardware.
Either way, it's a very good starting point for most people.
DSR is fluff? You've obviously never used it.
The problem I always have found with GFE optimisations, is that they simply aren't the most optimised settings usually. So they actually waste my time rather than reducing it to get a game running its best.
I do not like the changes done to GFE 3.0 as if you must login with your account and really can't control telemetry in a proper way. It is sad that the alternatives such as MSI afterburner or OBS NVENC cost more performance on some games than GFE.
nVIDIA GeForce Experience 18.104.22.168
For some reason the GFE version in the 376.33 Drivers is 22.214.171.124
GeForce Experience 3.2.0 Release Highlights
GeForce Experience client
- Reduced time required for initial game scan.
- Improved broadcast video quality.
- Ability to edit the broadcast title for Twitch and YouTube Live (press Alt+Z -> Broadcast -> Start).
- Ability to configure the privacy setting of YouTube Live broadcast (press Alt+Z -> Broadcast -> Start).
Support for 1080p DSR streaming.
- Drivers tab is now optimized for 900 x 600 resolution.
- Fixed "Something went wrong. Try restarting GeForce Experience." crash upon launching GFE.
- Fixed case where the game minimizes if Alt+Z is pressed while on the game screen after the system is unlocked.
- Fixed intermittent controller loss for Titanfall 2 with GameStream.
- GameStream now honors the user's custom settings when game optimization is disabled on SHIELD Hub.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
Download: nVIDIA GeForce Experience 126.96.36.199
Moonlight is finally working again in this version.
What the hell, you can't even configure Shadowplay(or Share as they call it now) capture settings anymore. This is some bs.
i can still change things.
BTW, threads merged , and THX OP!
you have to be in the "off" state to change the settings.
I still use 2.11.4 on my Win 7 install.
Which btw, custom Geforce driver upgrades uninstall for me without so much as a prompt.
with that rig, i'm surprised win 10 isn't being installed without a prompt. poor hardware, yearning for full usage, but being underutilized in an outdated OS.
nVIDIA GeForce Experience 188.8.131.526
GeForce Experience 3.2.2 Release Highlights
Share your favorite broadcasts, videos, and screenshots to Facebook
- Broadcast games to Facebook Live at 720P.
- Upload screenshots and Ansel 360 captures to Facebook.
- Upload video recordings to Facebook.
Stream games from your PC to your TV in 4K with HDR
- Added support to GameStream up to 4K HDR.
- Added rumble feedback for the newly announced SHIELD controller.
- Added left stick controller support for OSC and keyboard navigation.
- Added support for games purchased through Windows Games such as Gears of War 4 and Dead Rising 4.
- Added major improvements to pairing and connectivity.
- Fixed case where GeForce Experience installation would not resume after reboot.
- Fixed case where GameStream services were not getting started after installing GeForce Experience with admin account and re-logging with non-admin account.
- Fixed case where self-update installer would download the same version multiple times.
- Fixed case where custom driver installation would not show any customization options.
- Fixed Driver installation failure related to cases where intermediate reboot was required.
- Fixed case where screen goes black randomly in Overwatch when Share is enabled.
- Fixed controller and audio issues with GameStream and Watch Dogs 2.
- Various stability and performance improvements.
Download: nVIDIA GeForce Experience 184.108.40.2066
GeForce Experience 3.5.0 Release Highlights
Game Code Redemption
Added ability for SLI customers to redeem multiple codes per promotion.
Added desktop and in-client notifications for game code redemptions.
Added ability to enable/disable desktop notifications.
Updated "Where do I find my coupon code" section under Account***8594;Redeem.
GeForce Experience Overlay
Improved overlay responsiveness and performance.
Fixed case where XSplit crashed when overlay was enabled.
Added support for streaming games to SHIELD when PC monitor is in a sleep state.
Fixed bug in multicontroller detection and controller support after resume from sleep for PES 2017.
Fixed bug in multi-controller setting for games launched through Steam Big Picture.
Fixed game launch issue for Sonic Studio and Giana Sisters - Twisted Dreams.
Fixed custom box art loading issue for manually added games.
Fixed case where client launch was taking too long on some systems.
Fixed case where FPS counter was shown on lock screen.
Fixed case where broadcast and recording features were not fully enabled after clean driver installation.
Fixed the issue where upon Game Scan games could be detected in the Steam temp folder while downloading
GeForce Experience 3.6.0 Release Highlights
GeForce Experience Overlay
Added OpenGL and Vulkan Support
- Added ability to record video, broadcast, and screenshot capture in fullscreen and windowed mode for OpenGL and Vulkan games. Requires driver 381.65 or above.
Streamlined controls for Broadcast and Gallery Upload
- Consolidated Gallery Upload and Broadcast into one window - removed requirement to select service provider prior to upload screen and added ability to directly log into service provider.
- Added button to open Windows video folder from within the Gallery.
- Improved overlay performance at first launch.
- Improved stability and reliability of GeForce Experience overlay - also addresses bugs associated with Mass Effect: Andromeda and Microsoft Outlook.
- Fixed case where FPS counter did not work in Shadow Warrior 2 and HDR mode.
- Fixed case where games running in HDR mode would crash when a screenshot was taken.
- Fixed case where record would affect in-game FPS on Windows RS2 (requires minimum driver version 381.65).
GeForce Experience Client
Installation & Login:
- Added login support for WeChat and QQ accounts.
- Release highlights summary displays upon completion of client self-update.
- Removed User Account Control prompt during self-update for admin users.
- Improved file cleanup of downloaded GeForce Experience installation files.
Game Ready Drivers:
- Added ability to view Game Ready Driver videos in China.
- Added UI enhancements for Game Ready Driver notifications.
- Improved OPS recommendations for games with both DX11 and DX12 support.
Game Code Redemption:
- Added reminder message to complete reward redemption.
- Added a badge to identify unredeemed rewards.
GameStream to SHIELD:
- Improved audio quality with increased bit rate for local streaming and optimized audio encoding for low latency performance.
- Reduced game banding and better quality on static scenes using Pascal GPUs.
- Fixed issue with enabling multi-controller support when games are launched through Steam Big Picture.
- Fixed issue with 2nd controller not functioning for Gang Beasts.
- Improved robustness around game launches.
- Addressed various stability, performance and security improvements.
- Improved offline mode (no internet connection) experience.
- Fixed case where client's full-screen state was not persisting upon re-launch.
I have this little problem. I play a game called Squad. Squad is using EasyAntiCheat. With the last update of EAC all of my screenshotting software stopped working with Squad(ShareX, Greenshot, Fraps, Dxtory, MSi Afterburner).
I've read that Nvidia Experience still works with Squad.
I've also read that Nvidia Experience forces you to download latest drivers no matter what.
Is there a way to block it from installing any drivers? I just want to use its screenshotting function and that's it, everything else turned off.
Are there some portable offline version which doesn't require registration and doesn't force you to do anything?
Any suggestions, gurus?
GeForce Experience has many bugs that have never been fixed, at least for me. These include:
1. It seems to have problems reading the settings for a number of games such as Crysis 2, Crysis 3, Metro 2033 Redux and Metro Last Light Redux. The last two are Steam games, the first two are EA/Origin.
2. Some games have incorrect max. resolution support, e.g. SimCity (the last one) and Resident Evil: Revelations only show resolutions up to 1920x1080 despite the fact the games support higher resolutions in-game! As such the resolution read from the settings show as a dash (-) because I have it set to 2560x1440 or higher in-game.
3. It recommends Normal post-process AA for Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD, a PS Vita port no less, and has done since I had my GTX 980 Ti yet even mid-range cards would have no trouble using the Very High setting.
Same thing for The Witcher 3 and GF Experience Ultra settings - everything is on ultra except Foliage Visibility Range setting which is on High...
Solution is very simple - stop using this bugged software and problem will be solved!