GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by JonasBeckman, Dec 6, 2012.

1. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    I've tried 388.10 on my FIFA 18, overall game play is not smooth especially the frame time & FPS keep dropping. I suggest avoid this driver, except you're playing Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

2. Saabjock

Saabjock Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX1070XLR8
    I've installed GFE once.
    It didn't do what I wanted so it never got reinstalled after that driver update.
    I personally hate the fact that I don't have the option to download just the driver and physx.
    The rest of the stuff....(which I never use) just contributes to making the download package massive at over 400+ mb.

Shataan likes this.
  3. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    If i record a HDR game with shadowplay is the video real HDR for madVR+MPC-HC ?

4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I need Photivo to watch free HDR pictures.

5. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    3.12 is now released.. Time to try Freestyle

6. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  7. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Impressive initial lineup of supported titles. :)

And since there's games such as Guild Wars 2 on the list it also works for DirectX 9 and DirectX 11 and with Wolfenstein 2 it should also support Vulkan :)\
    (And perhaps DX12 but the listed supported games far as I could see are all DX11/DX12)

EDIT: DNF? Old Duke Nukem Forever on some hybrid UE2 engine? Well it's DX9 I guess but still surprising to see it listed.
    (And then watch as it's a entirely different game.)

EDIT: Or a Korean MMO apparently.

WhiteLightning likes this.
  9. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I wouild have liked to see more games though. Actually the first 3 games i tried , nioh, mgs phantom pain , rise of the tombraider were not on the list lol

IMHO its not a really good idea when the list in Geforce experience do not correspondent with this list. they should have listed not supported in the profile instead of first launching the game and then pressing the hotkey to find out its not working. And since we are on a pc, the question is , should it work, or did i find a bug lol

10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    DOF kinda breaks the freestyle thing or freezes the game altogether

tried it in AC Unity

11. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    In Origins it's broken also. The screen goes completely blurry and all of the sliders are ineffective at changing anything. Even tried turning in-game DOF off and still broken

12. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
    tested Nioh and it's broken in screenshot mode and filter mode

on the other hand the original Reshade injection works 100%

13. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    Just installed the latest version and everything is working fine! I tried the filters on NFS Payback, just added a little vibrance and its looking nice. Despite that this tool isn't something to say WOW about but i'll take it! :D

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Looks like GFE was updated?
    https://www.geforce.com/geforce-experience/download

Now showing January 17th 2018 and version 3.12.0.84

Noticed it on Majorgeeks and then I checked the GFE website linked to above and saw they had the same version.

Unfortunately it seems they just list the patch notes blankly for 3.12.0.x so I don't know what's new with .84 specifically but probably some smaller bugfixes?

EDIT: Let's just quote these here so I can compare directly once the next version is released.

EDIT: Ah right .79 would have been the beta.
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/beta/

15. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    New version inbound..
    Link

16. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Is it me or is GeForce Experience still rather buggy?

For example, it still has problems reading the settings for games like Crysis, Crysis 2 and so on even after several years yet it works fine with other games. Considering the settings for those games are in the same Documents folder as the other games that work then it suggests some issue with NVIDIA's software. I am pretty sure I reported this issue years ago as well (seems to affect most CryEngine games in my experience) but it has never been fixed.

Also, on my system, this software still thinks games like SimCity from EA (the most recent version not the original) has a maximum resolution of 1920x1080 yet I can set it to 2560x1440 in the game itself and even 3840x2160! This is also the case with several other games which either show a - (dash) where the resolution in the settings file from the game is higher than the one it thinks is the maximum the game can use (Resident Evil Revelations 1 or 2 for example).

Then there is the bizarre way that the software recommends I play on lower settings despite my hardware far exceeding the recommended specs for the games, e.g. Assassin's Creed Liberation recommends I lower the game's post-process AA from its highest settings!!! This game is a PS Vita port that barely taxes my graphics card yet this software tells me to use less than maxed out settings! lol

Another game, I forget which, recommends disabling depth of field on its max setting and another doesn't allow 8xMSAA to be manually set even though the game supports it in its settings.

Finally, GeForce Experience still has problems 'remembering' the settings I have applied for games. If I optimise them using its settings it suggests then they are mostly retained as long I am logged in. However, there are some games where it recommends I play at 3620xWhatever rather than 3840x2160 (using DSR) but when I manually set maxed out settings at 3840x2160 and Apply then it usually refuses to save these. Why?

Sure, this software is designed for people who get nervous at the thought of manually tweaking in-game settings but even so there are clearly issues with the way it applies, suggests and retains settings which can mean people might not be playing the games at the best settings their graphics card can handle. I like to check it out more out of curiosity than anything else to see what settings it suggests for games. You can always spot the badly optimised games this way; you know the ones where GeForce Experience suggests you lower settings down to Medium etc on a GTX 1080 Ti!

17. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti Windforce
    Yea, i never liked the way GFE optimized games... I usually do not install it when i update drivers, unless i want to try a specific feature (like Ansel, Freestyle, Shadowplay, etc).

Optimizing games is pretty subjective anyway, lol. Like in Fortnite, even though i have a 1080ti, i will still lower some settings to medium so it runs way above 60fps at 4k. But in Deus Ex Mankind Divided, i will run almost everything maxed and be at like 40-50fps because in that game i care more about the graphics.

18. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti Poseidon
    GFE 3.14
    Release Notes:
    [​IMG]

19. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    Hello to everyone. I have a problem with GFE. I cann't login with my Nvidia account. I'll put a link below in case someone knows what exactly happened here.
    Link

EDIT: I just reset my password with a new one just in case from the nvidia website and i succeed to login but on the GFE client doesn't login even after the password reset..! What is going on guys?? Any ideas??

EDIT2: In the end the problem was on Nvidia's side. The servers were down and no connection could be established. Now everything is back online! :)

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  20. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Anyone have any idea how to get VoiceMeeter to work with ShadowPlay?

This works with OBS. I've got it working nicely, however...

This no longer works. People talking still comes through the same track with the gameplay for ShadowPlay.