GeForce Experience shadowplay and Windows 11

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by W@w@Y, Jul 18, 2021.

1. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Hi, is anyone using Shadowplay to record gameplay on Windows11? When I do, i get stuttering and slowdowns. has anyone experience the same? and how did you fix it?

Thanks

2. janos666

janos666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Just a stupid idea but maybe by reverting to the last supported (non-beta) OS version? :p
    Full disclosure, I am also on 22000 but I don't use ShadowPlay, or have any other issues, hence why I didn't revert to 21H1.

3. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I use Nvidia shadowplay and Windows 11 everyday on PC games.

So I checked which games I played since I installed Windows 11 and it was 30 PC Games. Out of the 30 PC Games 2 did not work great and I do not believe it is a Windows 11 problem or Shadowplay at all and you would get the same results on Windows 10.

PC Games played on Windows 11 that were good.

Alien Isolation
    Battlefield 4
    Biomutant
    Code vein
    Control
    Cyberpunk 2077
    Days gone
    Destroy All Humans
    Dungeons and Dragrons Dark Alliance
    Eastshade
    Grounded
    Halo 4
    HellSeed Demo
    Horizon Zero Dawn
    Kingdome Come Deliverance
    LA Noire
    Medieval Dynasty
    Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition
    Middle Earth Shadow of War
    Prey
    Quantum Break
    Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
    Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
    The Signifier Director's Cut
    Thief
    Tom Clancy The Division 2
    Tomb Raider 2013
    Xuan Tuan Sword VII

PC Games played on Windows 11 that had stutters and FPS slowdowns

Farcry 3- FPS slow down ,google people have the slow down problem in this game with every modern CPU. I could not fix the FPS grinding down to 30FPS-40FPS. I gave up playing the game.

Resident Evil Village- FPS slow down out of nowhere,you be going at 100FPS and boom 30FPS-50FPS no reason at all. Google says DRM was the problem. Tried legal/cracked same crap. When I got the FPS slow, I saved game and restarted the game again and was fine for awhile.

4. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thanks Bob for the comprehensive list actually its more on when I record than anything that I get stutters. Other than that all good.
    Been very busy lately so I only got to test with RDR2 and FS2020,both would slow the moment I press "ALT+Z" to trigger recording

5. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Doh I forgot Red Dead Redemption 2 on my list,I probably missed some other games also. Just went through youtube videos I did in the last month. Since around june 2021.

Anyway all PC games are when I was recording with shadowplay and I always play with it shadowplay on manual recording.

RDR2 was fine also on Windows 11 and Windows 10.
    I have FS2020 but have not tested with Windows 11 but with Windows 10 on RTX 3080 Intel 10850K @5000Mhz and RTX 3080 AMD 5800X 5000Mhz+ ran 4K Ultra at 35FPS+ .No slowdowns but terrible FPS in that game.

Maybe I will download FS2020 and test it out.

EG of slowdowns:
    RE8 @32:11 hit by FPS slowdown when opening menu.So normal 80FPS-100FPS drops to 35FPS-60FPS. IF you wanna check it out and see if you get the same weirdness ,I would like to know.

6. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Just putting this in here incase anyone is interested. Fix for FSP drops for me on PC games I had problems with.

In particular these PC games which would drop to 30FPS-40FPS
    Fry Cry 3 - Drops in FPS are now fixed
    Crysis 3 - Drops in FPS and Max FPS of 63 FPS now fixed (PC game was not on my original list)
    Resident Evil Village- Uninstalled game. Did not test.

Nvidia Control Panel- for some reason does not seem possible but works 100% for me after testing 4Hrs of PC gameplay

Max Framerate - 1000
    Low Latency - Ultra
    V-sync - On ( I use Freesync/G-sync/VRR on different monitors)