GeForce Experience Gets new Features & Locks Game Ready driver to GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2015.

1. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    I cant agree with that Reddoguk. There are lots of people out there that have no idea about these things but prefer pc's and are smart enough to appreciate things like Steam and its sales. For example my brother has been using a pc for years and has no idea what even a resolution setting is and this type of software saves me a lot of headaches. Now if you ask him to find you big butt, fishnet covered ladies, holding a birthday cake and a pineapple he is your man no doubt.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    lol @ the bday cake and pineapple, but I have to agree, if you don't even know what resolution is, you should have a console

If you're gonna game on a PC, you need to know how to use a PC first, if you don't, stick to something simple, or learn :)

The whole reason for PC gaming, is higher rez, better graphics quality/setting options, and performance - if you're not using those options / benefits, stick to a console

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  3. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    A console is a tool used for mainly gaming. A PC is a learning tool which is also capable of gaming.

I realize some people have no interest in learning about PC stuff but this is not that place. That's why so many here are outraged about this.

People who come to this site are more likely to be the tinkerers, those who enjoy gaming but also like to test, prod, poke away at settings until their PC is on it's knees and then maybe even to breaking point.

I have no problem with those people that don't want to learn but please don't force me to be one of them also.

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I'm sorry, but when did nvidia do something other than what we expect of them?

5. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    I can't argue with you guys and in no way do I agree with forcing it on users that have no use for it if it ends up being true. I just meant that it has its place for dummies like my bro and i appreciate it being available.
    Speaking of him, he is a special case that has seen the better graphics and knows he'll get free hardware upgrades passed on and is smart enough to wait for me to waste my money and put games on stream family share. If i wasn't around it would definitely be console only as there would be no other option since he cant even run an installer...

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Ugh I really hope I dont have to install the geforce experience.

I have existed all these years without it, I cant see it improving my life in any way shape or form.

p.s reddoguk makes some good points!

7. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Lol...;) Have always perceived nVidia to encourage childish and pompous PR--a big reason I've haven't owned a nVidia product since 2001. But this takes the cake even for nVidia's bumbling & stumbling. The DX12 mess currently is just one more of the same-old for nVidia, imo (This isn't the first time nVidia's claimed to support features in hardware they just haven't "turned on" yet! HaHa...;) The company never changes, it appears. "3.5GBs is as good as 4GBs," etc.) NVidia will have to eat this and change this, certainly--probably very quickly. Or, maybe the company *wants* to have users abandon its products in droves. Who knows. If you are 14 years old you might even like what nVidia offers...;) Weird & dumb times we live in, eh?

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Still making better cards than AMD....plus Mantle what a load of horse**** that turned out to be...

oh and childish pr...mmm what's this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2nXvegzRl4

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  9. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    We'll have to agree to disagree on that point...;)

"The Fixer" is so stupid it's actually slightly funny. The "GFE" is pablum for morons, imo...;)

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Two points but yeah thats ok with me senor!

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Correct me if I am wrong but haven't keyboard and mouse developers been doing this for years anyway? If you want to use the full feature set of your hardware you usually have to install some crapware to get it to work. SSD makers do it as well with firmware updates. I've had issues with both, Corsair's software hardlocked my PC on install and Samsung's Magician stopped my computer from booting in to Windows.

So yes I am against the requirement to install software to use your hardware correctly but NVE is a piece of software that has worked flawlessly for me, it does the job. If the software does as it's meant to then Ill use it because frankly I can't be bothered trawling for drivers anymore, install the software and let it do the job for me, if it does it without making an arse of things then I am happy.

12. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    Dear Nvidia Experience: Go **** yourself.
    :finger2:
    Signed: The entire internet.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Don't get limited by small minded companies. Razer does that, I do not use their mouses (I have Razer Destructor Mouse-pad). I use Roccat mouses, because while you need their software to configure mouse, once you are done and satisfied. It can go away forever as mouse holds all settings.

And Firmware update? Is complaint about that some form of joke? How do you want to write into flash chips without special tool? It is actually form of protection. Allowing tool-less FW writes anywhere...

But in general I think everyone agree, that issue is not in existence of GFE (some may have trouble caused by this), but issue comes from being forced to install something what does not add any value to then.

AMD maybe wanted to do same, but they did question poll here and there, and Raptr ended 70% negative (either tested and unwanted or not used at all as bloatware). Raptr tells you that there is new driver/beta driver too+DL. But I think main issue is exclusivity. As something you could get by yourself on a whim is supposed to be GFE exclusive feature.

14. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    after the FuryGates here is the GEforcegates... lol

even if NV does it don't you use some mail like this: "iwillbuy.AMDnext@yandex.ru" or "ip00p.onsystem@google.ae" (*edit* have no patent on those if aviable you can use them lol)

it's the basis (with prépaid phone too, don't forget to paid it in cash lol :) )

more seriously whatever they will do it there will always have a way to do without...

15. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    if the fixer could fix AMD's driver... lol

16. TurboMan

TurboMan Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    What kind of drugs are they smoking at Nvidia ? Forcing customers to use the GFE is one of the most terrible ideas they can come up with for this year. Do they have a team of people who gather and decide "How can we annoy every customer ?". This is outrageous ! Why would they strip me of the choice ??? I think we should all express our opinions directly to Nvidia by writing directly to someone who is responsible for this mess. I don't want to be a sheep with no choice !!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Nvidia knows what best for you. Now bow before your masters. :devil:

18. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3050 Ti
    I don't see the problem here.

And really... going AMD cause of this? lol. It's not like GFE will break your PC.

19. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 16/10/2015 19:49:47
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: Win1
    Description:
    Faulting application name: NvStreamUserAgent.exe, version: 4.1.2004.6464, time stamp: 0x561959d8
    Faulting module name: NvStreamUserAgent.exe, version: 4.1.2004.6464, time stamp: 0x561959d8
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000058cfa2
    Faulting process ID: 0x10c4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d1082641d5e4d4
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvStreamSrv\NvStreamUserAgent.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvStreamSrv\NvStreamUserAgent.exe
    Report ID: 9514ac85-401d-4b7c-9d05-d3015c172cd0
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Event Xml:

etc etc

I beg to differ.

I also want to do a clean install, not have to update over an existing installation, with a safe mode DDU in between. Nvidia is taking away customer choice and presenting it as something good. It isn't.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  20. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Seriously..........where is all the butthurt coming from?

People who ar worried about their "bloatware" that they do not want on their computers either need to upgrade their hardware, or stop trying to squeeze out every last frame because of a benchmark. And blame performance in some software that is taking up system resources....

I'm sure people are seriously complaining about OC software (AB/Evga) that needs to be ran in order to get that overclock we all want. That software takes up more system resources and CPU threads than what people are complaining about with GFE.

I say yeah go on and "completely" switch up teams in terms of what you support because the grass is definitely not any "greener" on the other side. This is the support the comsny doesn't want from people like that....."oh wait.....they're changing something that I (personally) don't like so I am going to flame them and burn the company to the ground.......!"

And for people wishing peoples' testicles would fall off form decisions being made..... Get a life....seriously you are what is wrong with the world today.

Today's society needs to get off their asses and make something of themselves instead of the instant gratification, sorry excuse of a generation it has become....