GeForce Experience Gets new Features & Locks Game Ready driver to GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2015.

1. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 SUPER
    I don't even know how this GFE looks like. Never has been installed on my system and I don't plan to... I'm pretty sure in that case, we will find a way to keep getting just the driver files.

2. Turanis

Turanis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Funny & weird at the same time how many Newbie gurus post here. ;)

In Amd case if you dont want it ,Amd Evolve Raptr,dont install it.In Nvidia case will be much complicated but surely will be an hack to install drivers offline.

3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    The reading comprehension (or lack there of) is kind of astounding.

-Brand new, game ready drivers will come through GFE first. Fine, some find this unbearable.

-You can just install/uninstall GFE to get the brand new driver.

-You can download someone else's upload of the new driver, which will clearly be happening, as it does now.

-Beta drivers, still available

-quarterly drivers will be available on website. So, every 3 months, still better than an AMD driver cycle, by far. Yet people talk about jumping ship over this...?

So again, you don't have to use GFE, so big deal. Even if you did, big deal. People use Steam, Origin, and all other types of clients all the time. GFE isn't even noticeable.

4. Berke53

Berke53 Active Member

GPU:
    2x ASUS GTX 1080 Strix OC
    We the consumers must have the right to choose what we want to install and what not. I don't use GFE. I am no streamer and I don't need any help with configuring graphics options for my setup! Even with today's fast hardware I absolutly hate the idea of having sh*t running in the background while playing games. It's the principle on forcing us to use a program we don't want to use that I truly loath!

Nvidia makes great GPU's but the way this company is acting is absolutly (*****).
    All NVIDIA tech is proprietary while the reds are keeping everything open. FreeSync, TressFX, MLAA u name it can be used on both sides while NVIDIA tech is for NVIDIA users only. GSync, Nvidia Hairworks, TXAA and so on...
    Overpricing their top tier cards. Want a TITAN Z? Well that will be just 3000 dollars please!

And now this?? Forcing us to use their bloatware while collecting date in the background for marketing purposes?

AMD cards may run a tad hother and consume some more power than Nvidia's, but their ideology is straight!
    No extremely overpriced hardware, No propietary tech and not forcing end users any bloatware to update their goddamn drivers!

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Worst case scenario, install GFE, install new driver, uninstall GFE

Unless they are complete retards and lock uninstallation of the driver, to uninstallation of GFE

6. weasel

weasel Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti&1080Ti
    I hope ManuelG takes notice of what we want.They better keep their drivers like they are i hear alot of people complaining but i don't have driver problems at all.I only have a problem if you force me to install something i don't want.Whats next? Geforce experience will decide how you play your games and wich settings to use?

7. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Imagine that haha!:banana:

8. Kevin cobley

Kevin cobley Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980 ACX2
    GforceExperiece ain't a problem.

Can't see what all the fuss is about it's got a few very useful tools and does zero harm.
    The ability to video desktop is priceless, it packages the videos in a perfect format. Saves a lot of work.
    Automatic configuring of games is much better than time consuming self configuring, leaves more time to play.:banana:
    The ATI crowd have always had their utility which is far less functional.

9. Twiddles

Twiddles Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2080 2190-7550
    It really amazes me how many people rage post first without giving any thought about alternatives. I sincerely hope that most of you guys don't work in the IT industry, jeez. Most of the time issues arise from outdated drivers etc, GFE provides the end-user with an EASIER alternative, click and done. You as a "superior" nerd being should know that you can easily circumvent the above stated "issue".

AND WHERE IS THE DIE HARD MODDING AND OVERCLOCKING SPIRIT?! Where's the "Who gives a **** we'll mod around this" spirit?

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Smartest thing is to let nVidia know, that there are still boundaries which you do not want them to cross.

Otherwise you may soon get: "This is not Bug, this is new Feature."
    Because: "Those who stand for nothing fall for anything."

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I personally do not have an issue with this as long as this is used to collect stats. Which is what I am thinking it is for.

12. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeah good for you, but dont be ignorant here. If someone don't need those amuzing tools, why should they install it?
    I use Shadowplay, but other than that GFE is a piece of bloated crap even for me. The automatic configuration suggests wrong settings most of the time, too much or too less details. And most funny thing is, if i have exactly same settings as suggested, it's not optimised for GFE, because GFE has not optimised it, lol.

13. designerexpert

designerexpert Member

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB
    Reverse Engineer it

Well i guess I will have to reverse engineer the app and have it download the drivers for me. Then unpack and install only what I want :)

14. Juni0rM1nt

Juni0rM1nt Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX 1080Ti G.X
    It won't last. nVidia is back to it's old self again.

15. Warrax

Warrax Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    It's not that bad...normal download will be available, GFE users just get first dibs. My guess is no more than 24-48h otherwise people will riot for sure.

16. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ♥ MESA 21.1+
    At this point I wouldn't expect anything less from Nvidia...

17. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Nvidia most probably will never support it cause they won't make any money from it. If they push for gsync they make even more money. I just wish more people will just wake up and realise Nvidia is not doing the right thing. Nvidia is more expensive for the same performance and with dx12 driver can't really have a huge impact, that's one of the big point in low level API's.

I have no problem with GFE but I have a problem how it's being handled now. Forcing people to install GFE to get the latest game ready drivers is just absurd.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    You mean you dont have a problem with them collecting and using your info?

(might need to edit your post :) ) ((if am reading it right)).

19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
    Where is ManualG then??

Where is he???

We need answers because this is total BS!!!

The drivers WILL be hacked, and WILL be released separately I can tell you that for a FACT!!

20. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    You better wake up and smell the coffee before one day you wake up and your PC has turned into a console overnight.

GFE want's to treat you like a retard. It wants to "Optimize" all your game settings for you because you are stupid and can't do it on your own. Maybe some people like that, no time to tinker with game files and .ini's or settings.

If you are one of those people that likes a software program to do all that for you then why the f*** not just buy a console.

I understand there will be ways around it but one day they might decide to build GFE into the driver and force it on you 100%. Just sayin.