GeForce Experience Gets new Features & Locks Game Ready driver to GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2015.

1. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    Well AMD said Nvidia can adopt it if they want to. I think intel will adopt freesync as well so another benefit. I think later on we will be able to see freesync in any panel unless it's gsync. Even your basic 60hz 1080p will have freesync as it doesn't have any costs to it. The only costs is some extra validation but that's it.

2. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Intel is going to, but from what I've read that's not happening until sometime in 2016. I highly doubt we'll see Nvidia support Freesync anytime soon as it is a direct competitor to G-sync. Sure, it has its benefits over G-sync, but I highly doubt Nvidia will adopt it unless it starts becoming a threat to G-sync (which it very well may when Intel starts supporting it).

3. broke

broke Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    little confused here i realize that FreeSync is currently tied to an AMD GPUs but what am not sure about is it because Nvidia can't or won't support it according to WIKI "FreeSync is royalty-free, free to use"

4. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    [​IMG]
    I'm sure someone will find a way to extract the drivers and repackage them.

5. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    You should understand that standard does not become standard from random coincidence of 3 companies having ability to perform same thing while not realizing it.
    Standardization is process where one or more companies try to make something available to entire industry and later on build upon that base.

So, while AdaptiveSync is standard which AMD calls Freesync on their side, nV/intel are free to implement AdaptiveSync any day. It is just question of transistors.
    AMD did cut off most of their existing GPUs with this feature and made them unusable for it. Not on purpose, but because they were not compatible as are not nV/intels GPUs atm. (Are really nVidia's GPU not compatible?)

It should be noted, that AdaptiveSync is not tied to AMD. Using AdaptiveSync capable display controller or having GPU able to use such controller does not make money for AMD. And anyone is free to put AdaptiveSync compatible controller into display.

Way AMD approached entire industry, making something standard for wide adoption is yet another reason why I support them and not nV. AMD has track record of creating step stones for better technology. nVidia's track record got scratch on nasty place right after singer sung "proprietary & limited" many years ago.

6. wow nvidia. you already destroyed the majority of your reputation in my eyes because of the driver situation in the last 6 months.. the driver quality went down so much its horrifying. i already wasn't sure if i want to upgrade my pc at all anymore (don't want amd and whilst i loved nvidia my entire life i started to hate them this year because i never saw so many ****ups in such a short time than this year.)

and now.. now nvidia you at least made the decision for me. i'll never upgrade my pc again and i'll never buy a nvidia again (well not never because sooner or later my pc will die but definitely not anytime soon.. maybe in 3-4 years lol). i hate geforce experience and don'T want this bull**** on my pc and now you got the glorious idea to force it onto ppl to get those whql drivers (despite them beeing bull**** mostly also lol). go **** yourself and stick you graphic cards up your ass.. i'm through with this forever -.-

its unbelievable how you managed to make it from one of my most beloved companies to one of my most hated within just one year :D i'm truly amazed !

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Interesting but would not stop me from buying nvidia gpu if it came down to getting the fastest new card... Annoying for sure.

8. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I have got a question: As you are now forced to use gfe to get the drivers, what about that registration? I haven't installed the latest drivers, wanted to do it this weekend. Now I have to give them an email adress or what? Or do you need to put in your name, phone number etc.?

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    L

No. You can currently download the latest WHQL directly from Nvidia as before.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    So it's just the game ready drivers? I could live with that, since I hardly use them (not playing the games at launch usually). Does one still have access to hotfix drivers (like the last one for Gsync, which I luckily didn't need but might have)?

12. Ryrynz

Ryrynz Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 960
    ****in hell, have any of you actually read the ****ing article?

If a driver was released and you wanted to use it right away..
    Install the bloody Experience, install the ****ing driver.. and uninstall ****ing Experience.

This thread is full of tards. They'll still release them on the website as was stated IN THE ****ING ARTICLE.

~face palm~

HURRR I"M NEVER BUYING NVIDIA AGAIN HURR, GO TEAM RED DURRR, FML..
    The struggle is real.

13. erazerswe

erazerswe Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960 ssc 4GB
    I have used GFE for game capturing only and it has worked fine. However in some way it makes my Gigabyte gtx 970 stay at max clock speeds even when i quit playing and that is a thing i dont like. Why stress the card when im not doing anything 3d related. As soon as i end the gfe service it clocks down again (took a while to figure it out though)
    Forcing users to have to install it to get the latest driver is not a smart move either in my oppinion. But hopefully they will change their thinking on this...

14. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Rather than getting all angry you could've just said what is actually happening. That is, game ready day one release drivers are going to be delivered through GFE only. Future WHQL drivers will be released in the same manner that they always have for the past few years, that is on the website and through GFE.

15. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Nvidia currently does not and won't support it because it is a competitor to G-sync. What I meant was the ONLY way I see Nvidia supporting Freesync is that after Intel adds support for it to their GPU's it could somehow becomes a threat to G-sync due to wider support.

16. Ven0m

Ven0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080M
    This is just great.
    GFE downloads drivers, can't install them on some of computers, and keeps old copies without any need

17. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    Although when I checked the download list for Windows 10 drivers, the last driver that WASN'T a Game Ready Driver was all the way back in July - 353.62, 4 whql drivers released since then and all Game Ready Drivers.

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Problem is not what Freesync would or wouldn't need in hardware, or royalty fees, but that Nvidia would pretty much make their own r&d investments in Gsync obsolete, and also the modules they need etc. Let alone that they would need manpower to implement it in all the drivers, for all the cards that also work with Gsync and so on. Also, they are earning more money with Gsync than AMD with Freesync, so they would certainly throw away the money they make with Gsync now. Only so that customers pay less for Freesync monitors? Bad business plan, and Nvidia has to feed their investors and shareholders.

I might end up being bashed, but if AMD would have tried to save the world with open standards and everything else, they might be in the position Nvidia is in now (market share, financially), because they had really good ideas and to be honest, I'm amazed GCN can still keep up with a yearly architecture Nvidia and even Intel on their iGPUs need to keep up with the times. But... they don't look like they'll win much with it if you see they are searching for new investors year after year and there's always rumors around about them being sold, reorganised, people being lain off... I don't say AMD is a bad inventor or new technologies or standards, but that simply won't work in todays (or even this decade's) market... it's something for a NGO that lives off charity or donations. As a company you can't do things for free, this would kill any business sooner or later.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    What annoys me if registration, i use GFE anyway. Like my mail box doesnt have enough advertisement and other crappy emails already!

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Whats to prevent you from using an alternate or throwaway address, ie, one you can leave for silly registration requirements or spam assaults?