GeForce Experience Gets new Features & Locks Game Ready driver to GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2015.

1. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 980ti sc+
    While I use gfe for streaming and have no issues with it this is absolutely retarded beyond measure if true. There is no way they will go through with this, would they? :bang:

2. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Forcing people to use software they might not want to use #masterstroke

/sarcasm off

Idiots :mad:

3. Asgardi

Asgardi Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti OC
    Sounds like a reasonable point of view unlike all these other crybabies. For few people (meaning people who come here) GFE might be useless but for majority of gamers it is only a good thing that NV can help them control their gaming experience to some point. Meaning they get better graphics out from their hardware in games if they don't know anything about the settings. I like GFE mainly because it deliver driver updates seamlessly, usually on day one, and it is also quite smart about optimal graphics settings for game. Just click optimize and in most cases you are done. It also provides some graphics settings in a few games that cannot be accessed from the game itself.

4. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    O dear Nvidia this surely isn't best idea you guys have had , this is because they control a large market share and think they can do whatever they want to .

Maybe they should of had some kind of poll/survey as to what end users want rather than just forcing their unnecessary software/bloatware on us if you don't want or don't use its features.

5. cpy2

cpy2 Active Member

GPU:
    YEEEEEESSSSSS, YEEEEEESSSS. GO TEAM RED!
    Best news ever, maybe it's time for Red team to shine?

6. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    lol at this thread

7. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Do you really think they care what the end users want?

That's it, I'm going back to 3dfx. ;)

Seriously, though, while I detest this practice, I'm pretty sure the drivers will show up as download on Guru3D without having to install the bloatware.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Yeah, these are some of the dumbest comments I've read in a while.

If you go the source (anandtech), Nvidia states that 90% of the their users update their drives via geforce experience. So the vast majority of people aren't even effected by this change. Not to mention that it hasn't even happened yet or been fully detailed how it's going to happen.

Like I agree that I don't care for the decision, but based on what people are saying here you'd think Nvidia was slaughtering small children or something.

9. Hughesy

Hughesy Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980
    Well as I stated clearly, I have a legit reason for not wanting it. I spent months trying to figure out why GFE caused these problems, but couldn't, which is a shame I used it all the time before this. I'm not saying the software itself is bad, but for what ever reason it's conflicting with my system.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    I'll bet we see modders working on it, ie LapTopVideo2Go, etc to separate the crap from the goodies. Have a feeling it may not be all bad though, that Nv may leave some loophole or something in the INF to mark out. But if no way out, I move one step closer to AMD on my next card.

11. ruiner13

ruiner13 Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix 1080
    So how does this work when a new card comes out? They are forced to install using what comes on the CD, which may be a seriously outdated and buggy version, just to get GFE installed to only then get the latest driver? What a needless pain in the ass. This seems like a way to get more people on their email list.

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Even if 90% of users wanted FORCED software upon themselves. We live in 'free world' illusion. And to maintain that illusion, remaining 10% should not be forced into such deal.
    When you bought your cards, it did not state that you are either installing anything nV wants you to, or your HW (no matter how new) will become obsolete due to no new drivers.

btw. they'll see outrage and will step back. If not...

13. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I could not care any less. I've had GFE installed for two and a half years and it's worked fine - easier than going out to the web, downloading, and running an installer.

14. mackintosh

mackintosh Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080Ti
    Nvidia can kiss my old, hairy backside. Haven't bought a game on release day in years anyway. Quarterly updates it is.

15. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    NV loyalty does exist...I knew it.

16. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    When I bought my card I'm pretty confident that I knew I'd be installing Nvidia software in the form of drivers. Geforce experience is just an extension to that. It sucks that some people have problems, but I've used it across several machines with no issues.

The bottom line is that Nvidia is trying to build an ecosystem, not to compete with just AMD, but also with Microsoft & Sony. By unifying their software platform across PC's and making new features/updates intuitive and friendly, they are making PC gaming as whole more accessible to the masses.

I obviously think they should maintain some form of external drive updates, but quarterly is probably fine for that.

17. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    +1
    Like!

18. Juliuszek

Juliuszek Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060/3GB
    +1 Like! :)
    I hope it is just a misunderstanding. Nowadays it is possible to login to GFE for streaming or uploading to YouTube purposes.

19. mattm4

mattm4 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    To all the "Team Red" post's, doesn't AMD do this as well, just a slightly different spin on it?

20. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    I lol at ppl who lol at this thread, lol! Nvidia fanboyism is real lol! You guys won't get it until Nvidia literally puts it on a disclaimer (as if)...The use of this product will now bring your custom built PC, down to the same level of a gaming console.Please enjoy your "Geforce Experience" while we subliminally dumb you down....lol!