GeForce Experience Gets new Features & Locks Game Ready driver to GeForce Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    EDIT - Delete me

2. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    How's that...

So you ar saying that there will be no more DDU and the ability to install a fresh version of your display driver...?

Why would any of this be any different than that of what we are doing now for our uninstallation/installation of our drivers...? Pretty darn sure we will be able to uninstall like always using DDU and install like always..... I don't know.

I just can't stand when people who are ignorant as hell (not you) are making ASSumptions about ****e they have no idea about, but already know the answer to something that hasn't even happened yet....

I always say if people had to live up to what they typed online this world would already be a much different and better place. Still can't get over cock boy talking about someone balls falling off in a most painful way over decisions made for this GFE. Sorry ass people out there....

3. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Good luck..... They better get on something special and soon.

4. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Looks like someone has a sensible head on their shoulders....

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015

5. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Well hell....then that would mean some of these people on here would have had to do some sort of homework to see that......, but this "gimme, gimme, gimme" generation is simply horrid when it comes to a change that they did not appreciate.

Simply disgusting that people act like this....especially without knowing the facts these people are seriously going to change their minds inherently. Over something they do not know as fact, but just what they want to believe.

Only outraged of this due to the fact that this is the tip of the iceberg in regards to how people react to information these days. Information flows so fast and people just "bam" have the answer to the world.

6. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Do some homework you sorry mule......, or just switch sides, so as to just STFU. Maybe so one over there will not piss in your corn flakes.

7. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Kind of makes sense, but you shouldn't do that on here because you might be looked at as ignorant, or stupid.

Just sorry that people are on here saying what they are saying without knowing the real facts. But hey......."ignorance is BLISS!!!!" Little quote from the matrix I like to use...

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Deskstar - Stop dupe posting, quote all posts in one

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Do some homework regarding multi quotes, you got 5 posts in a row there.

10. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Yeah info......just like any benchmark software you used in the past, but hey it's this company and now it's a problem. What kind of info do you really think is going to be collected...?! Your browser does more nonsense than this will do.

Steam collects more data than this will ever touch on.

11. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    This is what I take from the leaked information: we can no longer download an installation package from Nvidia and uninstall existing/DDU in safe mode/re-install from new package. It all has to be done through GFE (which is an option that exists at the moment).

So they are removing the method that allows an ordered and fresh installation and are forcing an over-the-top method.

When it comes down to it, it will just make things more annoying as I will have to extract the installation package from GFE or rely on a non Nvidia source for the files. I don't mind GFE, I just don't want the method of installing new drivers to be mandatory through it.

12. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Thanks.... Guy.... But as I see it I quote as I'm reading and how it is relevant to me, but I will attempt to appease just you okay.

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    If that's the case, edit your post so you don't flood the thread.

14. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Day one driver release. For game ready day one......... How much more is there to not understand that there will be "eventually" be a download for the ones on a stand alone driver install.

Even if there is or not I still do not disagree with Nvidia especially on the grounds of some people on here. There is no reason to get so sarcastically disgusting as some peeps on here have because the full facts of what is going on have not been realized yet.

You guys actually think AMD is not on track to do the same thing....they've only been playing catch up in the driver department for years now. When multi-card support comes in rock solid I'd contemplate going back to the red team.

Why are the posts on here saying 9/21 for the date...?

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    That should be "If" not "When".

16. DeskStar

DeskStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    That's a good one there...

17. gringopig

gringopig Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti SC
    Aye but I buy games and play them on Day One. I also want to do a clean install of the drivers in order to avoid issues that may occur due to an untidy over-the-top install. Why are Nvidia taking this choice away from me and forcing me to update through GFE and requiring me to sign in?

18. ---TK---

---TK--- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Aint my rule, giving you a heads up about something frowned up here, tbh insulting people here like you did in this thread is frowned upon as well.

19. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    It's a pain in the ass to read & it takes up a load more page space if you don't multi-quote.

20. patrickisfrench

patrickisfrench Member

GPU:
    GeForce Titan XP @ 2.1ghz
    This is all planned. AMD's market share has been dropping lately, people defecting to Nvidia based GPUs has grown over the last couple of years. More partnerships with nvidia and AAA developers to get exclusivity on namesake for big box releases is hurting AMD as well. Nvidia's success with Maxwell, success with mobile platform CPU market and tons of new micro cpu releases with intel and skylake's stuff enough to saturate entry/ mid/ enthusiast level end users is also not great for big red.

Then comes this move! So AMD pays off Nvidia a bit to make zero day game-ready drivers available first through GFE, an estimated 20-30% of users jump ship to AMD and now the industry doesn't have to worry about them becoming the GPU superpower. By next quarter a healthy amount of fresh blood with breathe much needed cash into AMD and allow for some ground breaking R&D to occur. Come 2018 new architectures will leave both companies fighting again, head to head, neck and neck for most powerful GPU! Both on equal footing! Pushing and driving releases to more powerful heights than ever seen!

/conspiracytheory
    #illuminati
    {first post}