GeForce Experience 3.0 Is Released - Now Requires Mandatory Login

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 8, 2016.

1. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    I replaced Shadowplay recently with OBS, i struggled some time to find the right settings, but now it works flawlessly. With NVENC there is comparable performance with GFE, so bye bye bloatware for me.

2. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    I wouldn't say Reshade is useless until all games decide to support color management or gaming monitors suddenly support hardware calibration :nerd:.

3. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Did some benchmarks for those interested to see performance hit on GPU.

2560 X 1440 GTX 1070 Benchmarks
    2025 Core/9000 Memory
    All 5 Minute Run with Fraps In Game
    Shadowplay Off/On
    Nvidia Gforce Experience 3.0.5.22

[​IMG]

4. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    Thank you for the results and your time taken. :thumbup:

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    No problems here apart from not being able to find led controls for my 980ti

6. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT

Yes, exactly. By other names, overlays are known as "shovelware" or "crapware" or "training-wheel ware," etc. It's fairly simply to do what AMD did and make this kind of thing 100% optional in every driver install--no registration required. nVidia is bleeding GPU market-share to AMD at present, so I'm sure this has some relationship to that atm--nVidia wants to start shooting out green propaganda, etc. At any rate, people should understand that only n00bs need/want this stuff...;) I never install Raptr, for instance--it just gets in the way.

7. SHS

SHS Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Do the nvidia driver install this ?, If not then why worry about it just don't install it.
    But if the driver do install it do you not have the option uncheck that ?, If NO then I could agree this is a low blow by nvidia and that give me all more reason to get AMD card as we can uncheck Raptr Evolved App.

8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    You have a source for Nvidia losing marketshare? Steam hardware survey, while not the best metric, shows the exact opposite.

9. Crazy Serb

Crazy Serb Master Guru

GPU:
    270X Hawk 1200-1302
    Is there a difference?!

And there is nothing wrong with my rebranded card, since even new polaris would literally consume same power most of the time if it wasnt a die-shrink.

Even if they (both nv and amd) call new cards as new/next gen card, its same card as the old one with maybe tweak or two. But unlike amd, nV did improved their ferm... khm, SM arch over time and thats why they have better GPUs in terms of efficiency.