1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GeForce Experience 3.0 Is Released - Now Requires Mandatory Login

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 8, 2016.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Are you talking about that Rebrandeon 7870 of yours or about Nvidia? :O

2. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Next step: GeForce Experience Premium subscription...

3. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I installed it once a while ago....

.....by accident.

4. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 FE
    As long as the installation of GeForce Exp is "optional", I think its fine.

5. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    The only thing that is changing for me is that the usual moment of hesitation I have when unchecking it during driver install is now no longer a hesitation.

6. Imglidinhere

Imglidinhere Master Guru

GPU:
    4GB Nvidia GTX 960M
    The number of people whining and crying about this GFE thing sound so similar to the conspiracy theorists that talk about Microsoft spying on your every move with Windows 10. Really, is everyone going to continue to flip out about this or are any of you going to grow up and understand that it's illegal to pull that maneuver?

I don't use GFE, but that's because it's built to harvest the highest possible graphical settings and apply them appropriately without worrying about framerate. Did this for World of Tanks back about a year ago and my FPS was nice on medium-high settings sitting around 50ish... then BOOM *YOU CAN PLAY ON MAXIMUM* and I tank to 20 FPS... which was retarded. :/

7. TheSarge

TheSarge Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 GAMING X
    Ever since I found out you could skip installing "GeForce Experience" by just unticking a box I've been unticking boxes ever since. No Geforce Experience software, no problem.

If Nvidia makes Geforce Experience mandatory then I guess I'm packing up my PC and moving it over to Team Red.

8. NoData

NoData Member

GPU:
    2x1080FTW@2050/10800
    I stopped using it when they started to add some SLI profiles with the software.

Anyway, the last time I checked it didn't suggested any profiles for SLI+Surround, since it was not supported. Any updates on that side?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
  9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PC VEGA64 Red Devil
    Exactly! I'd tried the GFE only a couple of times, back when nV had just launched it, didn't like that optimized setting means turning down settings in some games for smoother gameplay. I'd rather manually adjust ingame settings myself....so, since then, I've been installing nV driver w/o GFE.

10. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix RTX2080 Ti OC
    I thought GeForce experience was going to be required to install/update your drivers, what happend to that idea? Is it still going to happen?

11. Ji1986

Ji1986 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX670 OC SLI
    I don't mind gforce experience, the game optimization tool can be useful for people that have no idea how to utilise there GPU to the fullest potential.

however having to login is a stupid idea.

12. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    I won't install it then simple

13. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    It can indeed cause performance degradations and also crashes. Who wants 3 overlays anyway? You're a drole d'oiseau. You tested "the games"? What games? Some games you may not own. You don't have every game that exists. I know of several games that won't even run with MSI Afterburner overlay ON, others that lose FPS and stutter with STEAM overlay On. You don't seem to be aware of issues others experience.

BUT, having 3 overlays is NOT a good thing and WILL and DOES cause issues with some games.

Ah now I get it, you use those things, ENBs and reshade...which with modern games are completely useless and/or overkill, fluff.

Then you had to mention FRAPS hahahaha. FRAPS is completely and utterly obsolete and has been for years.

Sure. If you are mistaken in thinking the age of gamers is mostly made up of those under 18. But it isn't.

So actually the software benefits and is used more by those OVER the minimum age required for a login. Why do you both have this strange idea only under age people play games when nothing could be further from the truth???

Unfortunately that's not the case. The optimisation tool is actually extremely flawed. It often sets graphics either way too low for no particular reason, on games that run very well, or it cranks them up to the max (or near to) when they are unoptimsed piles of crap. I see this over and over again and I'm not alone in reporting this.

So no. lol.

It doesn't "harvest" anything. See my above comment, then google it. It has no clue how to optimise my games. I do however. You seem to be saying it does one thing then contradict yourself. But you're right, it doesn't know what settings to set your games to. Doesn't matter though, because you can have that installed and not use it, unless you overlook the automatically applying optimal settings part. I've always installed it and disabled all the crap I don't use.

You think it's illegal so companies won't do it? Oh boy. How old are you (not being nasty just a serious question)?
    A lot of us techies are minimalists and extra services that don't need to be running in the background, should be eliminated. That's why a lot of people do not install it if they have no need to record (or they use something else).
    It doesn't matter how powerful my PC is, if there are services or startup entries I do not require, then they will not be running on my PC, end of story.

Then you wonder why so many ppl complain about games being unoptimised on much better rigs than mine when I run them just fine on higher settings....because ppl have 100+ processes running and 30 apps running in the system tray.

it's bloatware and even more than ever. At least before you could disable the streaming services and just use shadowplay, but they've stuck that all together so they can't be separated.

14. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT/GTX 1060
    Has anyone done any benchmarking for this new version, or any version in general?

I understand it would be handy if this tool would allow you to get some extra juice of Experience would apply some under the hood optimizations not only to Option settings, but as well to game config for example, then it makes some sense. However as far as i know it doesnt?

15. AzzKickr

AzzKickr Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega64
    If you need or think you have use for GeForce Experience's "optimizations", you shouldn't be playing on a sophisticated and expensive piece of hardware that a gaming rig is.

Go play on Xbox or Playstation.

Real gamers tweak their **** themselves and know their stuff regarding game engine technology.

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    What does this comment have anything to do with the news?
    Besides that, time to get of that high horse, you might end up applying your logic to a lot of other things and might end up finding yourself labeled as something you don't want be.

17. Inquisitor

Inquisitor Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC Hybrid
    ^This^ Why is this not a thing yet?

18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    So you think it is a mistake to think that kids might get more out of GFE's optimization profiles than an adult?
    Doesn't really make any sense to me that you label GFE as useless and more useful for gamer's over 18 at the same time, especially when the games that GFE cranks up to the max on hardware that can't do it well are the games for those over 18.
    Don't you think that more gamer's over the age of 18 know how to squeeze max out of their games than those under 18 too?

19. GRaFkiyv

GRaFkiyv Member

GPU:
    MSiGeForce1063Armor
    No led menu for blink logo on vga :((

20. kill007

kill007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980Ti Lightning 1459
    Aside from Shadowplay, which sometimes is a bit glitchy, i don't know what other uses there is from Geforce Exp. Personally i prefer if the app never goes and adjusts game graphics settings, i rather tweak that myself.

With that said, what benefits is there for having a login for this software? Is it cloud based now? Saves your settings online? What settings? Shadowplay will not work in situations where you have no internet right?

Is there a social media part of this where you can have a nvidia streaming site similar to Twitch?