Geforce Driver 451.22

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Rageoverrun, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    mind reattempting this with Debug mode set in nvcp?

2. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    Really wish you said that earlier, I just installed 455.38 for shits-n-giggles. Even though I seen you mention that this driver is probably older.

If I do this, should I re-enable HAGS?
    What does Debug mode do exactly? I'm interested in trying it.

Edit
    So 455.38 was a total bust. Game doesn't even attempt to launch. Press play in steam, nothing happens. Tried deleting the game's vk cache, still nothing. Went back to 451.22, game launches fine.
    So debug mode just sets factory clock speeds? Does it do anything else?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2020
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Absolutely nothing else, and its not factory speeds, its nvidia reference speeds.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The next driver has a fix for the HAGS fps drop in Divinity and Divinity 2

Can anyone say whether these games had some random cases of fps drops in general?

5. Pixzl

Pixzl New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    where's the news for this driver?

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The one that's coming out next week (tentatively with BL3 DLC)?

Pixzl and Buccellati like this.
  7. Buccellati

Buccellati Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm hyped (for the driver).

8. Pixzl

Pixzl New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Oh, I wasn't aware. Didn't mean to make it seem I was doubting you, I was just genuinely curious

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Naw its fine, I just pass along the information I gather, in this case it was ManuelG responding to someone reporting the fps drops on the nv forum.

The driver is slated for late june and the BL3 dlc is the only thing of note that it might launch alongside.

Pixzl likes this.
  10. magic09

magic09 New Member

GPU:
    2070 Super
    These seem to be best drivers so far i have been endlessly trying t fix my stuttering problems cpu usage and gpu-copy 0 spiking in task manager. I got into VR recently getting a quest and just cant get things to run smooth but anyways I ran Arkham Knight on 451.22 and its missing alot of nvidia effects the tire smoke etc. and runs poorly overall but with higher fps spikes than 446.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    sounds like you've got a broken physx installation, please delete the physx files from the installer2 folder and reinstall with the msi.

magic09 likes this.
  12. magic09

magic09 New Member

GPU:
    2070 Super
    ok i will try that now thanks

13. Unreal9

Unreal9 New Member

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I have an AOC AGON AG271QX Freesync monitor. G-Sync Compatible Mode has always worked flawlessly before now. This monitor doesn't have direct controls for sync in it's menus - it's enabled/disabled by the driver only. With the last 2 drivers (both 450.99 & 451.22) G-Sync Compatible Mode no longer disables on my Freesync monitor. It shows as disabled in Nvidia Control Panel but does not disable in the monitor. I have to unplug and replug the DisplayPort cable to get g-sync to disable.

AOC AGON AG271QX Freesync monitor.
    GTX 1080Ti Founders Edition.
    DisplayPort.

14. magic09

magic09 New Member

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Hey Thanks I'm an idiot uninstalled Arkham after seeing all that so haven't tested it but did notice i didn't have physx installed which was weird I tried using one of those clean installers must have screwed it up. thanks though! helped with Boneworks I noticed already which I have been playing today and uses some of the most advanced physics Ive seen ha. Still crushes my 9700k though

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    it can mess up with any of the installers, even official one. i haven't found an exact reason for it, but have noticed say gpu-z say its installed, but fluidmark won't show the red goo.

16. Rachid Rahmoune

Rachid Rahmoune New Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1050 2GB
    Anyone here tried RPCS3 with the driver? it launches and appears on the taskbar without doing anything. Might be a broken Vulkan driver perhaps?

17. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    works normal to me

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Apart from CEMU Async Shader thing not working (maybe same with Yuzu?), is there a reason not to install these drivers? I guess Game Ready should be out soon so maybe worth the wait?

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The 10 fps issue with Divinity Original Sin 2 DE is the only issue I have come across with HAGS enabled and disabling it fixes it (as does playing the Classic version, which is odd considering both the Definitive Edition and Classic versions use the same DX11 engine presumably).

Not sure really what HAGS does otherwise but the v451.22 driver has otherwise been great for all the games I have been currently playing (Detroit: Almost Human, Desperados III, Persona 4 Golden and Dragon Quest Builders 2.

20. Scientist

Scientist New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 560 OC 1 GB
    I've been having black screen problems only in Path of exile
    Display driver failed to start.
    Tried everything, it happens only with poe.
    I've been playing this league for 14h but the black screen just happened
    They just implemented Vulkan but it's the same with Dx11
    Client log " VULKAN] vk::DeviceLostError::DeviceLostError: vk::Device::waitForFences"
    This is an error that i got months ago "[D3D11] Map: The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.
    (GetDeviceRemovedReason: The GPU will not respond to more commands, most likely because some other application submitted invalid commands.
    The calling application should re-create the device and continue."
    I tested different stuff but did not work, 4 times in a row i got the black screen after about 20 sec.
    In the past i tried a lot of different nvidia drivers and it did not solve the problem.
    I've installed this driver and i've been playing for more than 1 h , so far it's been working.
    Specs:
    Windows 10 1909
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600, 3200 Mhz
    16GB RAM
    GPU - Zotac RTX 2070 super