Geforce driver 390.77 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Robert84MK, Jan 29, 2018.

1. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    @tsunami231 Congrats with your GTX 1070Ti :D

Apparently, no issues here except the "THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV STEAM EDITION" game ready driver is not available yet. :mad:

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I am referring to the "window-mode exclusive" flag that you have to add to Unity Engine games via the Steam launcher settings to force them to run in "proper" fullscreen mode rather than the Disable Fullscreen Optimizations setting in the game executable's Properties tab by the way. This setting does not work for all games but there is clearly some issue here with G-SYNC in the latest build of Windows 10 because sometimes Alt-Tabbing to the desktop and back can fix the low framerate. Whether that's an issue Microsoft need to fix or NVIDIA need to workaround is something only they know but given the popularity of Unity Engine games on Steam this issue is one that is increasing noticeably and no-one seems interested in fixing it. G-SYNC worked fine in windowed and fullscreen games on the previous build of Windows, including Unity Engine games.

Now this issue affected the Final Fantasy XV Benchmark although after disabling it to run the 1920x1080 High Fullscreen test and then re-enabling it afterwards I found that when I ran the 1920x1080 Standard Fullscreen test that it ran at 100+ FPS without issue. So maybe the issue is with G-SYNC itself at the driver level? I always install driver updates over old ones and that means that my settings, including those for G-SYNC are retained between updates, and a system tray notification usually pops up post-driver install to tell me a G-SYNC monitor has been detected.

Maybe G-SYNC needs to be disabled then re-enabled after driver install? Regardless, it is a bug as it should not be necessary to that; a graphics driver should just work which, to be fair, it did on the previous build of Windows 10.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    What is wrong with FSO? I have never disabled it and Shadow of Mordor run in "fullscreen" and I have no issues with it on, or is this issue only IF gsync is enabled and 1709 build windows? cause I still using 1703 and have no interested in changing it atm cause i not interested in reinstalling my OS after the stand in upgrade fubar something up like always does

4. Xul Aethyr

Xul Aethyr Active Member

GPU:
    1080TI MSI Gaming X 2ghz
    1709 introduced the gsync issues

5. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    I Updated to this driver and i can safely report it is working great for me , nada , zero , 0 problems for me on my systems and the games i play at the moment ( NFS Payback , Forza Motorsports 7 , Forza Horizon 3 , Forza Motorsports 6 and Rise of the Tomb raider ).

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    guess it good thing i dont have gsync or 1709 build

7. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Yeh, I am skipping 1709, and hopefully next one is stable.
    I delayed 1709 250 days, so it will never happen before next one.

I am still on 390.67 an all seem good.
    didn't bother with this one, but might with next.

8. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    No issue with 1709 build. :rolleyes: Maybe for G-Sync users only.

9. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    After some time playing with these drivers, I can say what others have been saying. It's running pretty fine on my rig. No issues so far. Keepers!

-Tj- likes this.
  10. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    Been a while since I've posted. Haven't had a lot of time, have to focus with the new job etc. Installed this driver with a clean install. Working 100% fine with Win 10 64 Build 17083. Destiny 2 plays great with Gsync. I hope to try some other games a bit later. Leaving Vsync ON in the NVCP, and off in game for Gsync.

Might load up Wolfenstein II a bit later and see how that goes.

No issues installing either. Just did what it had to do.

AsiJu likes this.

11. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rx580 Pulse 8Gb
    Can anyone test the mirrors edge from 2009? When i start it the mouse lags like hell. I see it with the last 3 drivers.

12. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 TUF
    Assassins Creed Origins,Ghost Recon Wildlands,GTA5,Watch Dogs 2 runs great with this driver and G-sync.Only Forza 7 and Forza Horizon 3 caps game 34fps with this driver.with 390.65 i have not this problem.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Guess I'll take the plunge then :D, Im still at that dev 388.84

EDIT:so far ok, and I saw they have FFXV profile
    Im not 100% sure, but I think 388.84 was missing rain by that lake scene..

Rise of tombraider is ok too, good score, RE6 also ok.

dxapi, dx11 mt had a couple more drawcalls, st a little less
    https://www.3dmark.com/compare/aot/247492/aot/246101

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    AsiJu likes this.
  14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    This somehow infested itself @ normal freesync 144HZ monitor DP1.2 and Maxwell arch., at least by final Fatnasy XV benchmark.

I saw a few brief blank screen flashes, looked like switching scene dark moments 1ms - occasional.
    But only if I OC'ed gpu a little more, nothing extreme.. unless 1469MHz gpu and vram from 3510 to 3550MHz is a lot.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  15. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Master Guru

GPU:

16. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Assassins creed origins and watch dogs 2 run great??o_O

17. beeswax

beeswax Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming
    Are you suggesting neither do? All 3 of us have 1080 Ti's and in my experience, AC:O runs wonderfully at 1080p (180% scaling) as long as I cap at 50Hz. The 5820k probably helps massively in my case too. Death_LV has G-Sync so I don't see why it wouldn't be fine for him. Watch_Dogs 2 I've only started in the last couple of days but I'm running it at 4k and it's one of the smoothest modern games I've played, very impressive.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
    AsiJu likes this.
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    why would you still be using flash anymore. I have refused to installed that ony my systems for last 3 years

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I don't mind it and Some audio sites still do, anyway its ok now.