1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geforce driver 390.65 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Jan 8, 2018.

1. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 FE
    They are PNG, it's Imgur.. Not exactly the gold standard for picture quality.

Let me try this.. Yup much better..

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmc85vdW

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. spajdrik

spajdrik Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ACX
  3. sneipen

sneipen Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2ghz
    Anyone playing escape from tarkov here? How does the driver perform compared to older ones?

4. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1080ti [125/275]
    Removed link.

Gfe news already posted.

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 FE
    Ahhh, adds a lot to the blanks missing of Freestyle. Makes perfect sense now..

Yeah.. Good luck with that attempt to protect your product.. Not with a juggernaut like Nvidia having a taste of it now. They're going to run and run hard with this now that they have the basic foundation of things.

6. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Strix@2k+/Z35P
    frack yes,i've been waiting for something like Freestyle for a long time now!

7. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    whats your cpu? still 60 fps at 100% usage, impressive :D

8. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 FE
    i7 2600k @ 4.2

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    So Freestyle requires you to use a beta version of GFE? Fuugk!

Ehhh... how intrusive is GFE? Does it always auto update and auto adjust everything or can you configure it to sit still and shut up?

10. styckx

styckx Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 FE
    It's no more intrusive than the Steam overlay, or Uplay overlay, or Game Bar overlay. It's not a Beta Version of GFE. 3.12 is official and you have to enable experimental features within the settings.

You can configure as you like.. It doesn't auto adjust anything unless you ask it to

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC+
    Ah the experimental features must have confused me.

Would like to try out Freestyle but reluctant to install GFE as I've never had it installed or needed it.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Looks like it might be available from MajorGeeks now?
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/nvidia_geforce_experience.html

Version 3.12.0.79

EDIT: Looks like the NVidia GeForce.com URL to the new version of Experience was also just posted a short while ago in the pinned GFE thread. :)

13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    I really don't know why some people started crapping on FreeStyle before they even knew anything about it.

As we can see from "spajdrik's" link; some of those ReShade guys are actually part of the team Nvidia put together to make FreeStyle. You know what? People are working and getting paid and once again, it's Nvidia taking the initiative.

Why is it that nearly every time Nvidia does something, especially when incorporating other technologies into theirs, that people need to make a negative out of it?

Anyway, from that link I quote Marty McFly;

"Well I wrote many of the filters for FreeStyle and crosire is afaik on the team (they have/had support for parsing ReShade shader files in the builds I used), so it's not really inspiration [​IMG]

ReShade is superior for specific applications like total screen archery or polish away decades from old games with MXAO and what not but FreeStyle is a super easy way to polish up and customize games without the fuzz of installing a mod, worrying about support, worrying about anticheat and so on. Not everyone wants to dedicate hour(s) into figuring out how2reshade.
    We've made sure to keep the amount of filters low but still cover most important areas so you can get pretty far with FreeStyle already."

"AMD is free to launch a counter-campaign. There's only so much you can do with depth + color so the featureset would be pretty similar."

"Well, the depth buffer recognition suffers the same issues as in ReShade, I got reversed depth buffer in GTASA vs Witche 3 for example. Also currently it's limited to DX games so OGL won't work. For a free and open sourced tool you can go "I tried on these games, just try out where it works or not" but a company like Nvidia must be able to guarantee that it's working (that means in-depth testing on each and every game on their list, I saw the docs).

I'm not satisfied about the DoF that's been shipped, I made a much upgraded version they didn't deliver because it's behaving weirdly for some reason, their shader format is difficult to work with (texture declaration, render targets and what not are done in a separate .yaml file which behaves super weird, but that could be me).

Afaik they didn't accomodate for reversed/log depth buffers (yet) so DoF might act weirdly. I got MXAO running on FreeStyle but again, old issues with fog and what not - but in the future if and when excluding UI etc comes - remember, they are in touch with game devs - that could mean you have a global replacer for HBAO+ per Nvidia Inspector =)

Personally, I switched to FreeStyle on PUBG because it's just so much easier to use. On old games where I desperately need MXAO with custom stuff like advanced bloom etc, there's no way around ReShade."

FranciscoCL and AsiJu like this.
  14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970 STRIX
    I never really liked Reshade when i used it, and pretty much just used it in the past for post AA options, but having something built into the drivers is defintly better than using software. That is dependant on when/if it matches Reshade feature wise.

Just tried these and everything is working fine so far, no performance issues and dynamic range options seem to be holding.

15. ms178

ms178 Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 570 Armor 8G
    On the plus side, my Kepler card seems noticeable smoother in open scenes with lots of action (tested with BF 1). On the downside, Wolfenstein 2 transformed into a unplayable stutterfest (250 - 350 ms!). The new Vulkan Beta driver is way better performance wise in Wolfenstein 2, but it still has some rendering artifacts (which were also present in some 388.XX drivers).

*update*: I've just noticed a fix in the Nvidia forums, deleting the old Wolfenstein 2 config file solved this issue. There are still some rendering issues but at least the game is playable again.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018

16. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Installed GFE 3.12.0.79 w/o any issue.

17. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    This is of such importance, just had to share: Windows Spotlight is working again on RS3 with these drivers.

18. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    No one else getting flickering/artifacting at the top of the screen on rise of the tomb raider dx12? Previous drivers don't do it.

19. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    Freestyle works great also with HDR games. i ad more fibrance in HDR games. Battlefield 1 not supported but AC origins supports Freestyle.

20. goodsmac

goodsmac Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080Ti FE
    seems to be solved for me.. thanks

EDIT: Nope, i played a while and it seems to be less frequent but it´s still there...

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018