1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geforce driver 390.65 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Jan 8, 2018.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    most everyone will have MS KB but i willing to be most people never never have microcode updates with the exception being the techy people that know how to do this and actual would do this updates.

I have MS KB but not the microcode update cause asrock didnt release for my board yet.

And what lil I test Shadow of mordor was done with AB on with all those power monitors enabled. while I might not of been getting my 60 fps out side rare occasions was getting when i last use this card, which was with much earlier driver. With these it was more in the range of 45-50 there was no stutter, it was butter smooth to me, granted in only played like 10 min after put everything back on medium. vsync was on no limiting though.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  2. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3
    Drivers work fine for me but is anyone else unable to tick the experimental features in Geforce experience anymore? It tells me they've been enabled but the checking for updates goes on forever. And they're not enabled second time i check.

3. Mott

Mott Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    Did a fresh install of 388.84 with DDU and now non of my games micro-stutter, stutter, or hitch. Smooth sailing again. Boy is it ever rough going with the 10 series cards. I hardly had a single issue with my 980 and it has been one problem after another with this 1070 Ti. What is going on with nVidia and this generation's software?

tensai28 and BuildeR2 like this.
  4. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    Everyone who have the bugs and everyone who don't need to list the programs and games they are using in conjunction + the NVidia settings for specific game .

Because the driver it self can't cause an issue by itself to a specific game that almost 50% of them works fine for others. it's about drivers and settings and what programs you are using while you game, also overclock and bios settings.

CaptaPraelium likes this.

5. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Well I solved the stutter issue with this driver on my end.

As I'm still on a 3930K that doesn't support Pci-e 3.0 natively, I switched the Pci-e config in my bios to Auto instead of Gen3.
    This way when I run the script to enable 3.0 on X79 after driver install and reboot, I still get 3.0

Started getting ridiculous stutter in WD2 even with vsync off, which never happened before, until I made the change in bios.

Currently using this driver with latest Inspector, no vsync, no frame limiter and latest FireStorm utility from Zotac.

This could very well be isolated to just my system so, apologies if it doesn't "fix" it for anyone else's.

6. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    If you have option in bios for PCI 3.0 how is it not native?
    I got a Z77 MB and it supports PCI 3.0 AFAIK.

Edit: I just noticed something odd looking at GPU-Z it states PCIe x16 3.0@ 8x 3.0 with 3d load (should be 16x)
    I checked HWinfo64 and its says "PCIe v3.0 x16 (8.0 GT/s) @ x8 (8.0 GT/s)" So how can 8x give 8.0 GT/s BW
    Have to find out what 3.0 x 16 should be if 8.0gt/s is correct.

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    Some PCI-E 2.0 boards got a bios update that allowed PCI-E 3.0 at x8
    They are not native PCIE-E 3.0 because they were released before PCI-E 3.0.

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Are you using game mode at all?

I've noticed a while back enabling game mode was fine, no performance/smoothness loss.
    Next driver i installed i'd get weird stutters every now and then.
    Culprit was that not drivers.

Never have seen any stutters since then.

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Ok, yeh, I kind of remember that being mentioned.

On my 8x issue, seems its something with card or bios as bios is showing 8x and I have gen3 forced but that doesn't change lanes, should show 16x ,being I am in top PCIE slot with only 1 card in system.

10. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    GA-X79-UD3 supports Gen3 and has 2 pci-e x16 slots for SLi or Crossfire.
    My 3930K C2 doesn't support Gen3 officially.
    The C2 versions partially support it, that's how I'm able to benefit from having 3.0 enabled, but I have to do it through the registry.

11. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    This driver crashes at random when playing Sea of Thieves. Anyone else having issues with this? Does it have something to do with Windows Store apps/games and G-sync? I disabled G-sync at it has yet to crash after that...

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I see, I do remember X79 users mentioning that.

I fixed my 8x running in 16x slot. After reseating 970 and didn't help I shutdown system, power off PSU, pull plug, wait few min and power here up again, all is well.
    very odd as how that happened but I like it better seeing PICe 3.0 16x showing up :)

13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    I checked Sea of Thieves subreddit and developer forums and I'm not seeing others reporting problems. Only saw about 3 posts.

14. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI @ 2 GHz
    what about the infrequent driver crashes when firefox is running? will this be fixed by nvidia or do we have to wait for a firefox update?

-andy-

15. tensai28

tensai28 Maha Guru

GPU:
    2080ti MSI X TRIO
    Other than the fact that previous drivers perform slightly better, the only real issue I had with these drivers is black flickering all over the top of the screen on rise of the tomb raider with dx12.

16. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX580 8gb
  17. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    No hope for these.
    Watch Dogs 2 shows no problem, but Far Cry 3 is a stuttering mess.

18. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC OC
    i had a problem with these driver and fifa 18, my vram usage are always 8gb now on fifa and sometimes the game crashing and give me a error message "out of memory"

i never had this problem before and with another drivers my vram usage on this game are always lower than 5gb

well i think we can see a new driver today or tomorrow

19. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Are you using the Malwarebytes?

20. squalles

squalles Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax GTX 1080 EXOC OC
    no... and are more vram usage, not ram

installed now 390.77 and the problem fixed... now my vram usage on fifa is always below 5gb like before

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018