1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geforce driver 390.65 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Jan 8, 2018.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Well i still haven't had any bsod freeze if I opened multiple flash video tabs @388.71 like i did with 390.65..

So there is defo something crap going on with r390 branch.

2. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Lol! I tried to re-create that scenario you described the same evening I read it.
    I opened like 8 videos and had all of them visible in their own space running, my kid asked me if I was going crazy lol!
    Left them running for the duration of their episodes (30mins) she didn't mind at all, told her to come get me if anything looked like it was frozen or entire screen turns blue.
    Nothing happened and went on to Watch Dogs 2 and no issues.
    Maybe try resetting system overclock or if you don't use Virtual machines then disable everything Hyper-V related in bios and windows.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Are people still actually using Flash videos in 2018?

4. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Some sites still do.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    it looked like driver lock and when it locked it also tried to switch to bsod window but the image freezed halfway trough.. never saw anything like that.. I opened even more with r388 to be really sure and nothing happened.

Its a music site and I opened few in advance so it buffers them faster..

Anyway, I don't mind it, happy with 388.xx.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  6. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Master Guru

GPU:
    I had horrible frametime spikes (some may refer to it as stuttering) with the new driver and associated Windows update and BIOS update for Meltdown/Spectre.
    Disabling 'Threaded optimisation' seems to have helped. I haven't recorded anything (as I was trying to keep it to one change at a time like a good troubleshooter does) but was monitoring.
    Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    Disclaimer: don't be that guy who says "Hey change this setting, it fixes <insert issue here>!". This post is not that. I just want to see if others who are complaining of these same symptoms have any luck with this setting. If you do, I'll go back and collect data to provide concrete evidence and eliminate the all-powerful placebo effect.

7. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Still can't find a solid way to reproduce the hitching I'm observing. Tried different options with Dead Space but none worked.

One thing I've noticed though is that this hitching (as in two consecutive hitches followed by a longer pause) looks a lot like what you get when you Alt-Tab from the desktop into Dead Space running in non-desktop resolution - but in case of all Alt-Tabs I've tried it only happens once (two hitches) and not all the time after a pause as in the previous example.

Edit: Nope, still can't reproduce it this way.

8. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Does GeForce Experience cause any input lag when running? As in just the overlays used or even installed? I keep finding reports of input lag but can never find confirmation.

9. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080 Ti OC
    Sometimes there was something like ''frame-skipping/stuttering'' when i was playing Assassin's Creed: Origins. Not with these drivers though. A windows reboot(Only) was required to fix the issue, dunno what was causing it. Maybe it has to do something with the standby memory not cleaning ?

10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    So I was just randomly launching and quitting Dead Space, trying different resolutions and AA options and right after I've added a custom resolution to try that the constant hitching was back. I honestly have zero idea how to reproduce it.

11. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Haven't followed the rest of this thread, but what you said reminds me of something I encountered for GW Wildlands and Elex recently.

The fix? In the end, setting properties on the .EXE and ticking 'Disable Fullscreen Optimizations'. Yes, this is supposed to be disabled globally if disabling the Game Bar in Windows 10, and yes even checking the registry value confirmed this -- but apparently that's not enough. Since toggling this setting, I've had no issues, so I set it for all my games now.

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I might try this one next time I'll run into the issue. However this shouldn't affect stuff like web browsers which do present the same hitching once it's started while smooth scrolling or watching a video.

13. CaptaPraelium

GPU:
    So, the power monitoring bug is back (remember the one that was fixed a few versions back?)
    yay, regressions.

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I don't think so. This was the first thing I've checked.

15. CaptaPraelium

GPU:
    Positive of it. Was monitoring frametimes and noticed a regular spike. Graph looked like ____|____|____|____| like clockwork. disabled all monitoring, it went away. enabled everything but power, still not there. enabled power, it's back, disabled power, it's good again.

16. CaptaPraelium

GPU:
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    AQUILES and Mott like this.
  17. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    No such issue here and your graph doesn't look like it has even periods between hitches.

18. CaptaPraelium

GPU:
    The periodic spikes are very clear. Note that the graph is scaled 0-17ms.

19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Polling is performed on the exact same periods. Your graph doesn't show this.

20. CaptaPraelium

GPU:
    It clearly does. I don't know how you can't see it. I'll highlight it :

[​IMG]