GeForce Driver 368.69 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Extraordinary, Jul 6, 2016.

1. mjorgenson

mjorgenson Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW-RX 480
    Question....So I bought a 1070 and notice on my 144hz monitor, Nvidia drivers still run the GPU around 1,000mhz at idle. Turning down the monitor to 120hz drops the cpu to 240mhz idle. This happened a year ago which was the last time I used an Nvidia product.

Was there another work around, or is that just the way it is?

2. scaramonga

scaramonga Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3 W/C
    First drivers that have properly clocked my card down @ 144hz, so I'll take that thank you very much :)

3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I just noticed that my phsyx processor was set to CPU by default. Not seen that in years.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Mine always resets to Auto, even when I uncheck clean install, and full range always drops to limited

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD FirePro M6100
    Same here lol.

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Anyone else still seeing screen tearing when scrolling the Steam Store and Steam Games library in Grid View mode? Is this a driver issue, a Steam issue or both? It obviously doesn't affect my enjoyment of the actual games but it is an eyesore when scrolling anything in Steam.

This issue does not happen in any other browser, including Chrome, or game launcher (Origin, UPlay, Battle.net, etc). The puzzling thing is that the Steam browser uses the same components as Chrome I believe yet I only see the tearing in Steam.

I believe this issue only started occurring with the v36x.xx drivers but maybe it was a Steam update that broke it?

7. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Not seeing any tearing in grid view in steam

8. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti X Sli
    no tearing either.

9. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    same here, always defaults to auto, but underneath it always says it's the GPU.

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Are you using a beta version of Steam? Is the NVIDIA per-game profile for Valve Steam forcing v-sync at all?

11. Fumz

Fumz Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    UT, Doom, Overwatch, SW:Battlefront, Dishonored, Verdun, Wolfenstein Old Blood, Tribes Ascend, and Planetside 2 all running good; no issues.

**edit**
    Wish shadowplay would do opengl. Shame not being able to capture doom footage without having to go through the hassle of capturing desktop.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  12. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    This driver has a strange issue with my Sony 4K TV which I use as a monitor. If I tried to run my desktop resolution or game resolution at 2560 x 1440P, it would cause black screen, and force me to hard restart the comp. Depending on the game, I run older games at 4K, and new games at 2560 x 1440P. Quite an annoying issue to say the least. I tested the driver and uninstalled with DDU and reinstalled 3 times to be sure. This driver does not allow 1440P on my TV. I ended up going back to 365.10, and choosing 1440P or 4K works as expected again. Regardless of this issue, I have found the 365.10 to be the best driver for my 980 Ti I have used so far.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    is fastsync implemented in NVCP or still only inspector?

14. Fifka

Fifka Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 2080OC
    Still only in inspector.

15. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    No vsync forced, using normal stable steam client

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    In the regards of Total War: Warhammer, I can say that .69 fixed my flickering problem as it seems. Installed the drivers, loaded a save game, and no flickering at all, as well as up to 80+ fps (had 53 before, so not perfect scaling but fair enough), lowest now ABOVE 60 at all times. We'll see how it will behave in battles.

But my first and foremost problem seems to be taken care of with these drivers. Only weird thing was that it showed 504 core clock in AB (vRAM clock shown as expected in AB) although the performance was definately not 2x 504MHz on the core :D

Now it's off to BBQ!

17. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    For me, seems to be the first good driver so far after 362.00
    DirectX 12 Fermi support still missing. I test this driver more later.

Fastsync is working on Fermi too. I just don't like it so don't use it.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  18. Ital

Ital Member Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    You can select Fast Sync from NVCP directly as long as you have a Pascal GPU but the SLI, multi-monitor, and stereo settings all have to be disabled.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answ...-are-the-gpu-requirements-for-using-fast-sync

For older cards, you can use your favorite hex editor to hack the "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display\nvgames.dll" file by changing the following bytes "88 44 24 54 33 C0" to "88 54 24 54 33 C0" so that the "Fast" option is selectable even if you don't have a Pascal GPU.

19. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Are you sure Fastsync is actually working on Fermi? That'd be good news indeed, it goes to show that Fermi does get new features even today.
    I'm still disappointed Nvidia hasn't said a word about DX12 for Fermi though.

20. siriq

siriq Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Seems to be. I can pick it up on fps and the sync on my mouse and monitor. Personally i am not the fan of it at all. I don't like any kind of sync stuff to be honest :D