GeForce Driver 368.69 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Extraordinary, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    It's a driver man. I assume you have no idea what goes into these drivers and why Nvidia is adding all this stuff.

And yes the Fermi **** is getting annoying. By the time it works your card is going to be useless. No one gives a **** about Fermi anymore.

Anyway, driver installed fine after a first round fail, but this is just the second driver after full DDU. I just do clean install now and everything seems great.

Games are amazing again with the new card. I honestly hope Nvidia just ditches AT LEAST the 400 series to legacy. What is the point in having these cards to bug check for anymore?

A 400 series card is fast becoming ancient history even by console standards.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  2. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli

It makes no sense to ditch just the 400 series because Fermi is 500 series as well. Nvidia also rebranded Fermi all the way to the 900M series, so Fermi has still been sold until recently.

While Fermi might be getting old, the GTX 580 is better than the 750 Ti, so obviously Fermi is still capable of gaming.
    And Nvidia promised DX12 support for over two years ago so Nvidia's fanbase should stop defending Nvidia for breaking that promise.

3. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    I'm not defending any promises. I'm just saying anything in the 400-500 range is garbage to me. You cannot possibly expect a company to optimize for these cards. People are lucky they are already not on legacy lol. 5 year old plus cards are ancient history in the tech world. That is all I am saying.

At this point if you have not moved on you are either a cheap ass or not serious about gaming or anything that really matters to this company in general. Again, not defending just pointing out the economic facts.

If I was still gaming on a 560ti I would not expect anything in any driver really but a couple bug fixes. But that is just me.

4. BIGGRIMTIM

BIGGRIMTIM Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
    I am having trouble getting these drivers installed. I removed the old driver and when trying to install the new and it hangs at the "installing Display Driver" step. I was never able to get it past this step. I have tried using DDU, performing a clean install and running as admin.

Thanks in advance.

5. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    I can and do expect a company to keep working for 5+ years old cards because the company in question announced support for DX12 at the reveal back in 2014 and at Windows 10's public launch, the company once again said Fermi would get DX12 drivers.

Nvidia users expect it because it was promised.
    AMD and Intel users were not promised a DX12 driver for their counterparts, hence they don't expect it.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  6. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    I'm also just saying you didn't get any kind of written contract. You are dealing with a corporation in the tech age. Without a written or signed contract you have nothing. If Nvidia deems these cards a hassle they would legacy them now. Who knows maybe after the launch of the new cards they will get it working. I don't tend to trust corporations though.

7. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    NV GTX 970 Titan Cooler
    Stub error fixed?

8. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    Thanks for the update, shiny new GTX-1070 arriving tomorrow to replace my 970 so I may as well be on the latest fixes for such a new card :)

Any tips for Win10 64-bit driver removal prior to a new architecture card upgrade?

My plan...
    Uninstall current 365.10 drivers
    Shutdown PC
    Remove 970
    Install 1070
    Boot PC
    Install these new drivers and tick "clean install"

Appreciate any other advice as this isn't just a standard driver only upgrade.

9. CrazyBaldhead

CrazyBaldhead Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Installed these on a 1070, RE6, Smite, BF4 and Hearthstone work fine DSR'd up to 4k thus far. OCing is subpar but that's not an issue with the drivers.

The forum is for discussion and not for merely asking questions, it's not your personal helpdesk and no one is required to only post things you like. Get off the internet if a few words hurt your fragile little feelings. Also, I want in on your little ignorelist.

10. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    You can go to Device manager and switch driver for NVIDIA card into "Standard VGA adapter" manually ("choose from list" option). Then you can turn rig off, replace old card with new one, turn rig on and install new drivers (with "clean install" option).

11. Fedorov

Fedorov Member Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D iChill GTX-1070 X4
    No harm in doing that if it eases the shock to the system of a whole new card, thanks :)

12. narukun

narukun Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 1561/7700
    just dont trust on nvidia anymore, they're doing false advertisement 90% of the time.

13. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    Thanks, drivers working fine on my setup, cheers

14. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    On the other hand, some people didn't get any brain but somehow they still able to type. Try crying, newby.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Installed these few moments ago, now lets take them for a spin :grin:

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Did you run DDU in safe mode, and are you using the latest version?

17. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 2080Ti FE
    The stutter bug is still present in this driver. I refer to the one where if you're using a 144hz monitor @ 1440p several games stutter. However, if you use DSR to bump your res up to 4K @ 144hz, the stuttering stops.

Using 2x GTX 1080's in SLI.

18. EL1TE

EL1TE Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Final Fantasy XIV HW Benchmark at 4k (I suppose i'm getting a little bottleneck with my CPU)

GTX 1080 368.39 WHQL
    [​IMG]

GTX 1080 368.69 WHQL
    [​IMG]

19. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Well, Witcher 3 is running fantastically on these. I just overclocked my 1070 to +180 on the core and +280 on the memory with just 100% power level.

No problems witnessed after three hours of gameplay: full Ultra, Hair 4xAA, SMAA in Reshade max, HBAO+, in game AA as well and decent INI tweaks to extend shadows and foliage/grass. I beefed up the texture memory in the INI to 3GB. This is how Witcher 3 should look and play to me. Everything except full 4K support. That would need SLI for sure with my settings.

This card is rockin' any way you have it. I got 200 back for my 970 which is great. Still get some drops of course on 1080p with W3 and more heavy games but they run OH SO beautifully most of the time. My 970 could barely maintain 40 FPS in some of these areas I now have 60 with limited drops in lol.

Feels like performance did improve a bit with these drivers.

20. pato9

pato9 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Hello my friends out, what are finding the new driver? I did some tests on this new driver, watch the video, he is in Portuguese however created subtitles in English to help you! Thank you.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=All-Q0i-x34