GeForce 9900 GTX & GTS Slated For July Launch?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Musouka, Apr 26, 2008.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    New architecture from the ground up and yet its going to be called the so called 9900gtx or whatever you want to call it. if its a Brand spankin' new architecture from the ground up, it should have called something else like Nvidia Hyper 200GT or something like that. this is what 9800gtx should have been instead of that dang shrink die, oh well. time will tell.

2. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Heh, I foresee a 9900 GTX in my future.

3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Nato: you're not the only one. been lookin for a good time to buy some new hardware.... or build a computer for my parent's 50" plasma. think around July.... or relatively soon if i decide i might want to buy a 9800GTX.... would be a good time to do so.

4. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Yeah i'm sure.. evga's is only 90 days..so + for BFG and the 100 day step up.

If I paid 359$ for my BFG 9800GTX OCX card..and this new 9900 card comes out at 379$ at newegg where I made the purchase..they will only make me pay the 20$ difference to upgrade...the card isn't going to drop in value from what I paid thats why you register it and have a receipt.

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    one thing i don't like about BFG's trade up program is that they don't mention anything in the FAQ or Terms & Conditions about what would happen if the card you wanted is backordered, and your 100-days runs out before you can ship your card in. You also have to hope and pray they don't notice that it has been modified in any way, even the cooler having been swapped, which is stated in the BFG Trade Up Terms & Conditions

soo...... +++ for eVGA's 90-day step-up, overclocking not voiding warranty, and HSF swapping not voiding warranty... PLUS them usually having similar or cheaper prices than BFG. So what if you get 10-days less. i wouldn't doubt if eVGA increases theirs eventually. After all.... eVGA started it.