GeForce 9400 GT 1024MB for PhysX

Discussion in 'Videocards vs General Purpose - NVIDIA Ageia PhysX' started by Redemption80, Aug 17, 2009.

1. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    lol, tell me about it,im getting married next month( but im trying to get a 3 screen setup up and running before i cant haha )

is your dual core overclocked? if you get a Q9550 then id presume youll pretty much be in the same situation as me and not really need an extra card for physix, but then again its nice to have the physix offloaded to another card, lol, upgrade addiction is bad haha

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Haha, ah well good luck with that and the wedding :)

Not at the moment, new place is far too warm since i've moved in, but temperature is dropping now, so should be able to use the 3.4ghz i've got saved in the bios from a few months back.
    Will actually go and give it a try in a minute, see how much differene it makes to a couple of games.

Upgrade addiction isn't half bad, and as you know its even harder when you have a missus, i've caught myself trying to quietly sneak my card out while she is sleeping, just to avoid the "do you really need that" conversation lol

3. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    thanks man, ill need it lol

yeah i thought i downclocked my 920 to 3.8Ghz and just checked yesterday and its at 4.05 lol and its far too hot at the moment for that but feck it lol
    Definately try bumping that dual core up to see how it performs even just temporarily

lmfao, thats classic sneaking around with cards, my missus is pretty good in accepting that im an upgrade nutter, shes not impressed with me getting an 8800 and another screen for tri screen though lol, even though she said my current 2 screen setup is cool

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well thankfully i've never went for multi-screen, use enough electricity as it is, but thats a good way of making it easier with the litle lady, if you convicnce her its cool too, unfortunately the only thing she has liked recently has been Project Natal:bang:

Just overclocked this from 2.6 3.4 and not really a difference, Batman:AA added 1fps to min, max and avg, RE5 jumped 2fps average.

5. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    Natal's not really the kinda upgrade you want here to like lol, i think ill just setup a third screen on the sly lol

Thats not great, is your gfx card OC'd too?

6. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    When using demanding GPU effects like AA the CPU speed wont matter that much if its pretty quick as it is. You would be better of overclocking the GPU in your case.