Geforce 7 Series Sli Support-nvidia Bad

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mladenp87, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Mladenp87

Mladenp87 Member

GPU:
    vtx ati 5870
    Have you ever guys asked yourself why is nvidia not making any new drivers for geforce 6/7 series???If there are no sli profiles for 7 series the sli does not work on certen games!!Especially new ones!!Thats why they are forcing us to buy their new geforce 8 gpus!!Which are crap and expensive!!When new directx10 games arived the will prove themself how relly they suck!!!In directx 9 aplications two 7600gs in sli are better the 8800GTS!!!!!!!!!!!!Could you belive that??Soon nvidia will post ban on selling all Geforce7 series!!
    belive me 8800 series will not be able to push directx10 games in playable number of fps.......!!!!Then you will be forced to buy g90 gpus:flip2:

2. michael06096

michael06096 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX
  3. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 1060
    i used the 93.71 for xp and they were great,
    however vista support sucks and i am currently using 158.24 and they work but slow as hell.

4. Mladenp87

Mladenp87 Member

GPU:
    vtx ati 5870
    I just want to say that nvidia doesnt care about their custemers!!!You buy a 600euro graphic card and get 3 mounth support..! And after that you can just **** yourself!!Shame on nvidia...:behead: The only working drivers which i am very satisfied are 160.02
    And gues what there are for quadro gpus!!but they are really great:eek:rder: !!
    DIE NVIDIA:)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007

5. jststojc

jststojc Maha Guru

GPU:
    gigabyte gtx285
    hmm im using the 158.18 and sli works quite fine (7800gtx in sli), its like 1-10% slower than in winxp (quite decent) it is true tho that the sli profiles for new games are somehow nonexistant in the most gf6,7 supporting drivers.

6. Mladenp87

Mladenp87 Member

GPU:
    vtx ati 5870
    Its cheaper to buy just another geforce 7 card and use sli theh buying a new 8 series!!And those 7 series in sli are better then single geforce 8!!Its all just about profit....thats why there are no new sli profiles fo geforce 7 series!!With quadro drivers my 7950gx2 is getting beter performance theh any 8 series.Exept for some games which doesnt not support Sli...

7. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    well thats interesting i never used SLI profiles and never will maybe thats why i never have weird SLI performance issues I did before but that was solved by installing a diff OS

8. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi Asus 7870 V2 ROG
    Well guys ,
    How would you like to be the owner of quad SLI,
    and not have much in the way of decent drivers at all. After what was charged for the cards, and quoted in Nvidias press releses, about how quad SLI was optimized for windows Vista.
    As we move towards one year of Vista, we still do not have a full featured driver set for any cards including the 8 series.

Me smells a company that is top heavy with profit and lazy towards the customers, which we are the ones the got them to where they are today:behead:

Any ideas on this???

9. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    QUAD Sli users just stay with XP would be the only valid way of using it still. QUAD Sli was a Jump which ended in a fall interesting enough there is still hype for Quad SLI and Tri SLI/Crossfire but not much happening or being done about it. I would recommend statying away from it anyways.

Just look at how 1 7950GX2 will beat 2 running in QUAD that still is very interesting just a failed product in some aspects why does nvidia not fix it well the product is 1yr and they are moving on is that acceptable no. But what can you do meh just don't buy into the next Quad SLi gimmick next time

10. ru'

ru' Active Member

GPU:
    2 x 7800GT SLI
    Gotta ask; why would anyone run Vista for gaming at the moment anyway?

Halo 2, lol ???

11. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    driver 160.03 in XP64 is great in SLI... (btw since 97.xx none work well in SLI) :) thank NVidia... (joking)

12. Mladenp87

Mladenp87 Member

GPU:
    vtx ati 5870
    If there is no sli profile for example C&C3 the driver will use their default setting which is single gpu rendering mode!!!IN SHORT WORD THE SLI IS DISABLED!!!So that is why you need new sli profiles that come with forceware drivers for new games:smoke:

13. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    ur not talking about the game profiles in the performance tab are u if so that aint on

14. JimmyFox

JimmyFox Master Guru

GPU:
    2x ATi Radeon HD4830 CF
    Actually, this is exactly what I was saying and I finally moved to ATi.
    I loved the GeForce2-MX, GeForce4 Ti4200/4800 and GeForce6 6600 & 6800LE but after a point forward I noticed this "laziness" and lack of support (and quite a few really BAD drivers, + I never forgive the for the FX series which was a total scam) so I moved to ATi and never regret it.

15. Kool

Kool Member

GPU:
    Albatron 7950GX2 1gig
    Thanks for the links Micheal!
    Im gunna try the 165.01 let u know how it goes.

16. Mladenp87

Mladenp87 Member

GPU:
    vtx ati 5870
    3d setting->profiles!!I am talking about sli profiles!!Multi gpu rendering-split frame rendering,altrnative frame rendering etc.

17. Reality|Bites

Reality|Bites Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI Asus/eVGA 8800Ultra/B
    Well create your own program settings then if it's causing you problems.

The global settings should work fine though.

18. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    why would u need a sli profile for Command and conquer....its capped at 30 fps...

And A 8800 will beat mostly any SLI 7 series.... Except for mabye a SLI 7900gtx

i know for a fact it beats a 7950GX2.

19. HanShot1st

HanShot1st Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x 4870 512mb DDR5
    nVidia has a history of great hardware (if you overlook FX5900) and bad software. Bending over their customers isn't anything new either. There was the infamous vanishing WMV from nv40 http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=19278, and now downright pathetic support for the 7950, as well as quad core, and just about everyone using SLI and Vista. And yeah I am playing H2 and would like to be able to use AA <frown>.

20. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Whats H2??