GeForce 6800 Go --> Quadro?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Macwarrior, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Macwarrior

Macwarrior New Member

Hey there,

Yep, just what the thread title says. I'm looking at getting a Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop with a 256MB GeForce 6800 Go, and I'll be running some high-end 3D programs on it.

How well does this card take to SoftQuadro'ing? Is it even possible? I'd love to save the few thousand dollars it costs to get an M70 with a Quadro card.

Thanks a lot
    MacW

[edit] according to this post, the 6800 Go is still based on the NV40 architecture, so it *should* be soft-quadro-able. Has anyone done this to confirm it?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2005
  2. bamf

bamf New Member

hey macW,

i´m searching for the same information. if you find something pls post it! :)

did you ever thought about a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo 3438 (or 3834 - dont know exactly). it has also a 17.4 inch display and almost the same components as the dell inspiron but it has 2*80gb hd with raid0 or raid1. chip.de (a german hardware magazin) tested it, and the rank was 3 after the dell xps2 and an alienware dtr notebook. the price is in germany about 1400.-eur.

3. schnauze

schnauze Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6800GT
    when im gues right the mobile cards dont have an nv40 and wont work with softmod

4. Rectifier

Rectifier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI HD3870-OC
    As far as I know, they are NV41's, and , again, as far as I know, they are as of yet still un-(soft)-moddable (although there is an equivalent Quadro).

5. d8693

d8693 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 6800 Go 256mb
    Hi guys,
    dell's mobile GPU's are NV 42 A1: I've an Inspiron 9300 with 6800 GO and, obviously it's unmoddable.....

6. Macwarrior

Macwarrior New Member

OK, thanks for the info. Studiotools seems to run perfectly well without it. -- the 256 megs of TRAM make a nice difference :)