Geforce 6600 GT to Quadro problem

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by JosephH, Jul 15, 2006.

1. JosephH

JosephH New Member

Hello,

I used RivaTuner on many cards with pretty much success (I've recently turned the FX 5200 of my brother to a Quadro 500 successfully, the increase perf in Maya is impressive and with Omega drivers I see no instabilities). After my own old Radeon 6600 Pro had expired, I bought (today) a Geforce 6600 GT (I just love this number and just like before I don't have more than $125 to put in a video card). It's a PNY 128Mo AGP. I was hoping to turn it into a Quadro FX 540 (I use Maya everyday and the performance gain is known to be >100%). However, when I use NVStrap : graphics adaptater identification Quadro + use ROM straps from PCI + unlock professionnal capabilities, then reboot I still have only a Geforce 6600 GT.

RivaTuner shows that NVStrap is on and I have a Quadro FX 540 but Windows Display Panel say the contrary (I still got Geforce 6600 GT Omega Driver) and using ViewPerf / Maya I see no performance increase. Did I miss something ? It seems that I have a "NV43 revision A4" - are revision A4 unmoddable ? I just feel unlucky - is there a solution ?

Thanks you for your help, Joseph from France

2. asa

asa Member

GPU:
    HIS HD4850
    Just run Rivatune again, if you have a NV43 A4, you are unlucky. It's hard to find a NV43 A2(moddable) for now still nVidia has replaced it by NV43 A4 in 2005. Unlockable cores are NV40, NV45, NV48 for 6800s and NV43 A2 for 6200s and 6600s . Your only hope now is ebay as someone is selling their old card with these core, or ask your friends and exchange your card with them if they have once.

3. indra

indra New Member

GPU:
    Winfast 6600 @ Quadro FX5
    nv43 rev.A2

Hard but still possible.
    Depends your location, of course.
    I just buy a few days ago, an NV 43 rev. A2 card.
    Leadtek Winfast 6600T (its "T", not TD or GT or TDH etc)
    Maybe a rare type because i didn't found it in Leadtek web site.
    But it is new & genuine, completed with usual winfast pack.
    Under $90. I live in Indonesia.
    So, i started a new thread, http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=191856 to quest/ask its mod to Quadro.

@ asa, please, if you know how mod my NV43 to quadro. In my thread.
    @ josephh, there are some store still sell it here, contact me if you need my help.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006