GeForce 556.12 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Macer, Jun 27, 2024.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Ok did some more testing atlest on vsync side of things, importing the base profile does indeed, keep the Vsync setting. So I never forced Vsync in base profile. when I was using 512.15 and i normal save all custom profiles in nvidia profile inspector and imports them in to new driver.

I forced it on in Base and then imported all custom profiles which turn back to nvidia defaults on Base. so either it was never enabled or does not carry over, but I then forced it on and made new back up base profile and and then turn off and applied new base profile and put back up so obviously that working correctly.

So why is with 556.12 vsync tears, but keeps 60fps, except for loading screens in DA:I where as with 512.15 Vsync dont tear it and it does keep all parts DA:I @ 60 fps Game is played in Full screen Mode. And yes I aware of people saying Vsync is broke in this game, but likes said Vsync in game was working fine on the 512.15 drivers with out me needing to force in profile for the game, to stop from tearing, and not have 200+ fps on the loading screen

Last edited: Jul 10, 2024
  2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Nope even with Vsync forced in NVCP there is tearing in DA:I gona have to test if Windowed Fullscreen fixes it,

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    If you try to pass through an encoded audio stream then you'll need to encode it first somehow. I've never done that as I just use PCM but I remember reading that it can be an issue. Also LG OLEDs up until the recent couple of gens don't support DTS at all IIRC. ARC/eARC is finicky to a point where I generally suggest to avoid using it if possible.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Some games need Exclusive Fullscreen for V-Sync to work, L4D2 is another example of that.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I only use EARC for a soundbar which isnt used for watching UHD films.
    For that I bought my video card with 2x HDMI out, 1 to TV, the other to my receiver.
    It sometimes needs setting up again cos 'windows' but any other method feeding my PC through the TV or receiver with x1 hdmi connection is a pita, so I stick with direct connections to both the TV and receiver and it always works with all maximum quality audio streams.

6. FranciscoCL

FranciscoCL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    DTS is not supported in CX, C1 and C2. Previous C9, C8, C7, C6 and latest C3 and 4 do support DTS.

I'm using E-ARC (from a C4) to a recent receiver with no problems. Perhaps the problems are more likely to appear when using the first generations of HDMI 2.1 chips.

7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    freaking RTX HDR randomly work and not

SpajdrEX likes this.
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Well i know my TV support DD/DTS out via arc to AVR cause it works fine on everything but PC side it just wont output DTS/DD/5.1 of anykind if it arc to AVR it has to be direct connection.

Sooner or later the tv will be replaced, but unless 1" of lines i have in bottom right corner of tv the shoot to left side keep growing I just gona deal cause most time i dont notice them.

9. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Samsung TVs will give you the same type of problems, not all codecs are supported, fyi.

10. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Yeah on my Samsung TV we (the Dutch) lost the semi final EC, Goodluck Spain and England !!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
    Passus likes this.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have stupid question and probably just coincidence, But the day before I started noticing Tearing in DA:I even with it forced in NVCP after seeing I had updated all Visual Studio files like I normally do every 6 months or. I did not play DA:I that day but next day I did and that when started noticing the tear, IT would seem 556.12 driver where installed 2 week prior so it cant be that.

Any chance that files could cause this? I highly doubt it though.

I just know for some reason DA:I is tearing even with Forced Vsync in every mode but windowed fullscreen atlest I havent noticed it there yet, All other games seem to have vsync working properly

12. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Now what is this:
    Been brewing for many months in Steam forums. Doesn't sound like the game dev would be too optimistic to be able to fix it themselves?

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So i want to say I found out why Nioh 2 would randomly Blackout/Minimize to the desktop, Gona keep eye on it, but I think it steam and there new UI changes for desktop mode, I still can believe Steam wont let us start steam an minimized and keep minizied even when launching a game, there is no reason main steam windows need to pop when launching a game,

14. oneoulker

oneoulker Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3070
    Lol what? IIRC you need hags to make DLSS frame generation to function and that is literally the selling point of the 4000 series and that feature is supported by the game. I guess disconnect between microsoft, nvidia and game developers goes a long way...

XantaX likes this.
  15. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Isn't HAGS on by default on windows 11, I doubt many would know how to turn it off where the setting is hidden?

16. Fr0stX76

Fr0stX76 Member

GPU:
    RTX4090
    Add -silent to the desktop shortcut icon.

Ex: steam://rungameid/1817070" -silent

17. Klemc

Klemc Master Guru

GPU:
    4070-ti ARGB - PNY
    Imagine they find it's Denuvo that interfers and needs update, lol.

18. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
    Works also in the steam app ,game name / properties / launch options to add -silent to the game, or other options to force Control game to run in directx12, add -dx12 :)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2024
    Fr0stX76 likes this.
  19. Fr0stX76

Fr0stX76 Member

GPU:
    RTX4090
    This is actually good to know, thanks!

Edit: This only work if Steam is already launched. Adding it to the shortcut makes it so that when starting the game, if Steam is not launched, it will launch quietly to tray without ever opening.

20. Conan The Barbarian

Conan The Barbarian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Yep. I had the checkerboard flickering issue when watching youtube videos. Got a windows update a couple days ago and haven't seen it since.