GeForce 555.99 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Jun 4, 2024.

1. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    I recently started a new replay and while it initially seemed to run fine and stable, I'm now having some issues with random crashes. This especially happens when in the inventory menu. The game freezes and just exits to desktop without any error message. I think it started after turning frame generation on, but it could just be a coincidence. Also had one crash from open gameplay. I will try to turn off frame generation and see if that is the cause.

rab3072 likes this.
  2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    That will never happen, 2 exact same PC's .. hardware software and peripherals and the machines will never run the exact same

3. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Have fun trying to polish turds that didn't need cleaning in the first place.

4. kurtextrem

kurtextrem Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
    I tried DP too, same message as far as I can tell

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I had inventory menu crashes before the next gen patch. Will see how it goes in new version (when I gathered my strength to launch a new replay).

ZebMacahan likes this.
  6. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    So...

Game patches required to fix this issue ? Or will Nvidia revert the driver changes ?

7. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Seems like I have managed to eliminate(knock on wood) the random crashes when using dlss3 frame generation. I updated dlss and dlss3 to the latest versions, 3.7.0.0 and 3.7.1.0. The default versions for the game was 3.1.1.0 and 3.1.13.0. I have now played the game for over 2 hours straight without a single crash. Graphics settings maxed out with raytracing on and using dlss quality and frame generation on.

XantaX likes this.
  8. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4090
    I appreciate the answers guys. I think I figured it out, with some driver updates, my 2 Samsung monitors don't like to play ball together. Put the non-gaming monitor into my onboard graphics port and hey presto.

I was getting these crashes with having NVIDIA hairworks on. they updated something to do with that in the recent game update but could try disabling it.

ZebMacahan likes this.
  9. INTERACTiV3

INTERACTiV3 Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    This error doesn't automatically mean that the driver is at fault. If there is enough memory, then this almost certainly means that the memory cannot be allocated correctly by the processor.

The system tells only about the error that it actually knows. The system cant know WHY there was not enough memory. Do you have an unstable processor? Driver? The system doesn't know this. But she knows there is no memory.

First, you should try disabling the Resizable BAR in the BIOS. OR update the entire BIOS.

Yes, I played Alan Wake 2 with manually updating all DLSS to version 3.7.10 without any problems. A couple of days ago a patch was released... which automatically rolled back all versions of DLSS in the game to 3.5. Having entered the game, I immediately received a ton of graphic artifacts from DLSS 3.5 and DLSS 3.5 frame generation. I immediately realized that something was wrong, and again updated all the DLSS libraries to 3.7.10

After this, the image became stable and the ghosting disappeared.

Nvidia really needs to do something about this. You cannot force users to update all DLSS libraries manually, and also track their status after each game update. We need a more convenient mechanism.

Not to mention that updating DLSS manually can lead to a ban for cheating in a multiplayer game. I wish to use new DLSS 3.7 in Battlefield 2042 to play without ghosting artifacts bcs default game DLSS version is 3.1 and make tons of blur, but I cant.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
    Xtreme512 and janos666 like this.
  10. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nobody is forcing you to update anything manually. The difference between 3.5 and 3.7 is only noticeable with RR and only in some games - which AW may be one of but of which there are just three games at the moment. Hardly a huge issue.

11. INTERACTiV3

INTERACTiV3 Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The impenetrable ghosting blur that blurs the picture from any camera movement forces me to do this. The difference between DLSS 3.7 and 3.5 is that on 3.5 there is a terrible mess on screen, but with DLSS 3.7 with new E preset everything looks beautiful and clear. Better yet, give me at least one reason why I should NOT update to DLSS 3.7.

Game developers have long implemented a system for automatically updating Visual C++ 2015-2022 with each launch of a new game, and before that it was a DirectX update. I don't see any reason why we can't do the same update to DLSS 3.x before launching the game and we need to protect the laziness of one of the richest corporation in the world.

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Updating or installing? Game developers just deploy game with required MSVC and DX bundles. App developers do not intend to automatically update dependencies like MSVC because development was made with exact version of those dependencies, and updating app`s dependencies later (after deployment) can break app`s functionality.

13. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I've played the game at release so with 3.5.x DLLs and can't remember any "impenetrable ghosting blur" at all.

RR doesn't have any presets and with SR 3.5 you can use C which is similar to E in everything but temporal stability (where E is a bit better).

It is apparently too hard for you to do "manually".

Yep. Same with DX. Can't remember any game which "automatically" used higher DX versions once these become available.
    People have seriously weird requirements for DLSS.

XantaX likes this.
  14. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    DLSS API (and ABI!) is stable though between versions. So it is actually supposed to work with a simple version upgrade. Any higher version is supposed to be a drop-in replacement for the previous version.

15. INTERACTiV3

INTERACTiV3 Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    That's not how it works.

Any user can freely update the Visual C++ 2015-2022 package at will. Updating to new versions will only help eliminate bugs in games, if any exists. Steam always downloads the latest version of C++ to its folder and update C++ as soon as a new version is available. It doesn't matter what version of C++ the game itself was released with. Updating does not lead to any game crashes.

The DLSS Swapper works in exactly the same way - it allows you to download the latest version of DLSS 3 and update it at will. It doesn't matter what version of DLSS the game itself released out with. If the game developer does not want to update the DLSS version in the game folder, you can do it yourself.

In the same way, you can update the C++ package if there is an outdated version of C++ in the game folder. So why is it that until now the Nvidia driver does not have functionality similar to the DLSS Swapper for updating DLSS in games?

Before you finally move on to discussing personalities instead of discussing facts and objective knowledge, I suggest you end this discussion.

16. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    It's due to the vast majority of people not knowing what they are doing. Adding more variables to the stupid stew isn't doing anyone any favours. If you know how to swap the files, then what's the big deal? You're not 'manually' doing any labour if you already have your dlss swapper. Be happy it exists and move on.

XantaX likes this.
  17. ZebMacahan

ZebMacahan Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    Yes Nvidia haitworks seems to be the biggest culprit here. I will have to test some more to be sure, but have played a few hours now without any crashes. Even the recommended optimal settings for the game via the nvidia app have hairworks turned off.

18. INTERACTiV3

INTERACTiV3 Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    We already have a system with Visual C++, starting from version 2015-2022, which even WITHOUT asking the user to update the C++ library, updating it automatically when launching games through Steam, and so far I have not heard of anyone dying because of this.

19. A.Wesker

A.Wesker Member

GPU:
    FakeFrames=SCAM
    First he said it could be pagefault related error and blamed microsoft and then he started to say, "There are some things you can get away with in older versions of DXC and you can't with newer versions " yeah yeah bla bla bla..If you, as a GPU manufacturer, are going to make any changes to the way the driver works, you need to notify the relevant parties in advance so that they can modify their applications to work according to the new change.At this point, the blame lies with the company that makes these changes on its own. after all, being a monopoly in the gpu market, it does whatever it wants.
    and you, buddy @Astyanax are really much worse and stubborn than microsoft defender,
    so from now on your name is "Nvidia Defender".:Dit is very clear from your previous messages that you have been doing this job in this forum and this name fits you perfectly.

20. Hapatingjaky

Hapatingjaky Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080Ti OC
    I think its time for folks to do a nice bios update, secure erase their Windows install and re-install Windows using the latest and greatest driversm chipset, display, audio etc etc. Get rid of the MSI Tool and stop disabling dynamictick and HPET.

Solve alot of problems.