GeForce 466.77 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 10, 2021.

1. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Hmm? 9.19.0218 with 466.63 here. About to do .77 now.

Update: Yep same 9.19.0218 with 466.77. Guess something else insalled 9.20.0221 for you before.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  2. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 960m 2GB
    How do I get these on my laptop?

3. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    LMAO! Brilliant...Quote of the month. :D

4. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    I can't disagree with you, reminds me of my colleague which after years of telling him about great monitors, image quality, pixel density and refresh rates he goes and buys a 27 inch 1080p screen.

me: geez can't you see that pixel is the size of a house? how can you game on it?
    colleague: oh looks lovely I don't know what you're talking about

me: "no answer to that"

5. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
  6. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 6GB
    Noice. Upgrading.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    not exactly, mpo's are only recently turned on and issues with it are being discovered across the board.

Some of them specifically being client issues when the overlay tries to set an unsupported surface format every other second.

466.63 does not contain 9.20, you installed it from another source.

8. chalky

chalky Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    9.20 is only provided via a Dell quadro package early last year, or in the zip package posted to the forums previously.

it has never been bundled with a driver package published directly by nvidia.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/physx-9-20-0221.432890/

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 2080 Super
    It's not fixed and it does affect more than just DX 12 and games.
    Try YouTube with an up tp date Chrome and new Edge browser with and without.

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Which Windows 10 version are you using? Did you try both the Standard and DCH

12. chalky

chalky Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Hi i have a HP Omen Laptop with a rtx 2070 and have never installed 3rd party drivers i have always used the Geforce Experience to update as it tells me there are new drivers to download so i assure you these have been added through Nvidia and these new drivers are asking me to download and as i have said they show the PhysX as older than i have i can later upload a screen shot of the Geforce showing the install old verses new if you do not believe me

13. Jen1

Jen1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 3x SLI
    NVIDIA should stop making graphic cards, it is not your thing. Stick to 3D acceleration chips a long with Intel graphic cards.

You have scammed a lot for a while now, you can still get away with it if you stop now.

14. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    You got lost on your way to the YouTube comments section.

15. Jen1

Jen1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 3x SLI
    @cricket bones I am not kidding, NVIDIA doesn't know a thing about how monitors/HDMI. But they make very strong 3d accelerators chips.

Every time I update my NVIDIA driver I get a new bug, I reached a point that I don't even want to report it anymore. Last bug was my laptop fails to wake up when I turn on my TV simultaneously when waking my laptop, it is a new bug costs me losing lots of valuable data, strange it was fixed with driver.

I really hope NVIDIA will stop scamming people, they cost us a lot with their unprofessional team, the fact they released 4 drivers in a week says it all.

Not to mention my laptop using to restart when HAGS and SLI are enabled, which costs me a lot, it was fixed a while now. but it tells me that NVIDIA doesn't know what it is doing.

16. AuerX

AuerX Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080
    Excellent troll, thanks.
    I needed a laugh this morning.

endbase likes this.
  17. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    What gave it away SLI enabled on a laptop? :p

Xman01 likes this.
  18. Jen1

Jen1 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 3x SLI
    Thanks for making my point, NVIDIA doesn't know what it is doing, it makes features that don't work. It is a scam!

It is just a matter of time until NVIDIA start making bugs for your GPU

19. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    I was looking at how my 3070 performs in optimal and max performance mode using desktop apps, with a trained eye.
    Clearly to me max performance is better and smoother even when browsing, not to mention running Adobe apps and such.
    While I obviously prefer optimal mode from the power saving/temperature point of view, I think it is a bit too conservative on the clocks which also adds a decent amount of latency with it.

For example running Photoshop and Twitch (browser) in optimal mode keeps the clocks at 450MHz(core)/800MHz(mem) that results in 28-30W and 40-55% GPU usage. It runs ok but not so smooth, I even noticed some hiccups while moving layers in PS from time to time.

Same test but in max performance get the clocks to 1725/7000, about 48W and 4-8% GPU usage (also 3C more on card temperature).
    With this setting runs butter smooth (obviously) and the consumption/temp difference is not a lot to be honest (for a video card).

My point is, maybe for optimal mode the clocks can be a little more aggressive for a better experience, since most apps browsers (websites) make heavy use of video acceleration and other bits these days.
    It's not like back in the days when a low clock of 200/400 was enough to browse websites that only contained text and jpegs.
    Same with apps and even windows.

This might be questionable for laptop version but for desktop cards should not be an issue.

kman likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No they haven't

Sorry, but that's a fact.

and you can easily confirm the install date for physx via the legacy control panel > programs and features.

9.20.208 has never been mentioned in the release notes, nor are the files included corresponded to it in the driver packages

Are you sure a HP specific driver was not pushed to you at some point?

[​IMG]

AuerX likes this.