GeForce 466.77 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 10, 2021.

1. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the latest new titles and updates, including the latest patch for No Man's Sky which introduces NVIDIA DLSS technology. Additionally, this release also provides optimal support for The Persistence, Chivalry 2, Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2, and the new NVIDIA Reflex integrations in War Thunder and Escape from Tarkov.
    Gaming Technology
    Includes support for the GeForce RTX 3080 Ti and GeForce RTX 3070 Ti GPUs.

Fixed Issues in this Release
    [Crossfire HD]: Freestyle is not supported for the game. [200734448]
    [Kepler/Turing GPUs]: Blue-screen crash with DPC Watchdog Violation error may occur. [3321668/3321735]
    [VR]: If the GPU is connected to a 4K UHD TV, the system may freeze when launching a VR game. [3313315] [RTX 20 series][GTX 16/10 series][HDMI]: 4K @ 120Hz display mode is not available from display settings.[3312401]

Release Notes https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/466.77/466.77-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

Download
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-466-77-whql-driver-download.html

2. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    :D:D:D
    Windows 10 Issues

[NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: Colors may appear incorrect in games if sharpen Freestyle filter is used with HDR enabled. [200658208] This issue will be resolved in the next NVIDIA driver release.
    [HDR]: Some specific HDMI displays might show some flickering in HDR mode. [200729987] If you experiencing flickering issues, reboot the system.
    [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game [3206341]
    [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. [3202250]
    [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. [3152190]
    YouTube: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]
    Display may flicker or lose signal when launching a game on an adaptive-sync VRR monitor in multi-monitor configuration when sharing the same display mode [3314055]

3. SabotageX

SabotageX Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090Ti
    We're getting 3 drivers a week, nice. Also Ninja Gaiden ignored, guess the port is that bad.

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Another one! :D

5. BUDA20

BUDA20 Member

GPU:
    Aorus GTX 1080 ti
    not yet in experience nor in the nvidia drivers page
    EDIT: already on both :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  6. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Same as other drivers works well on my self build sytem :)

[​IMG]

Have a nice day every one!

Vidik likes this.
  7. Superino

Superino Member

GPU:
    2080 ti wb
    I continue to have slowness I have to put ycbcr422 at 10 bpc to work perfectly.
    also my cousin with different hardware same problem only same component is the 2080ti

8. SmokingPistol

SmokingPistol Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    It seems NG's PC port, not to surprising, right, is worse than expected.

NG lacks keyboard & mouse controls and only standard graphics options, that requires to be set outside of the in-game settings. :oops:

SabotageX likes this.
  9. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Seems this will take awhile to fix! Some of the issues in the release log have been there for months

10. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    JAMVA and SabotageX like this.

11. Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I have a notebook with a 2070 and .74 wouldn't install on and this one won't either. Both say, "not compatible with this version of Windows" and it's just W10 with the latest updates.

What ever. :rolleyes:

12. SabotageX

SabotageX Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090Ti
    Yeah, Koei Tecmo ports are abysmal, as expected. But at least performance is good.

The Nvidia driver dev team is on fire huh?

13. pflapp

pflapp Member

GPU:
    Asus 6800xt
    Hi, Could you explain, i have upload_2021-6-10_17-19-9.png

How does this tell me it's laggy and how do the drivers affect this?

14. Superino

Superino Member

GPU:
    2080 ti wb
    can you explain MPO, Thanks

15. cloakengaged

cloakengaged Member

GPU:
    AMD

when you use realtime audio or when you look around in video-games, if you dont feel any delay then its probably nothing to worry about.

also latencymon says "your system is suitable" so its ok.

latency.jpg

16. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    I believe they are referring to the 'multi-plane overlay' thing, which is what DX12 uses to barge in on the fake 'true fullscreen' for stuff like system overlays, etc. This issue has 'mostly' been solved, and if you have the absolute newest bleeding edge build of Windows 10 (might not be possible without being on insider ring yet?) it supposedly IS fixed, but...

The 'MPO fix' is a registry tweak to disable this, there is another tweak to re-enable it. Loooooong story short, the way it is supposed to work now is that Windows (DWM, etc) only interferes with the 'fullscreen' while actually doing an overlay (like if you change volume on your keyboard), so any input lag and such related to the overlay is only transient. Depending on GPU, Windows version/build, Nvidia drivers (which change by the hour it seems), and whether or not your meds are balanced - some people still have 'issues' with latency/lag on input/display and such because of this. Keep in mind the people who worry about this stuff also consider their dental filling material to be part of input lag issues.

You can find discussion about this 'fix' in various dark corners of the Intarwebz, including threads here. Here, this thread discusses it and has links and such to the reg tweaks: https://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8282

ps. Bottom line, most people don't have a clue about what is really going on with the way Windows/Nvidia/Your.crap.Monitor handles 10 bit / 8 bit / 12 bit / HDR / etc and still think mucking about with HPET in the Bios will explain why they suck so bad at Counterstrike. Most of the DX11 tweaks like 'disable fullscreen optimization' and process lasso and such don't mean anything in DX12 and if you want your crap game fixed use Special K and ask your dentist for specifics regarding the titanium alloy used in your implants.

17. chalky

chalky Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090
    Why is the PhysX System Software an older version on these new drivers from the last geforce says new version 466.77 is 9.19.0218 and my current version 466.63 is 9.20.0221

18. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    Hmm? 9.19.0218 with 466.63 here. About to do .77 now.

Update: Yep same 9.19.0218 with 466.77. Guess something else insalled 9.20.0221 for you before.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  19. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080 Black
    How do I get these on my laptop?

20. intellimoo

intellimoo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 SUPER GamX
    LMAO! Brilliant...Quote of the month. :D