GeForce 466.63 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Jun 3, 2021.

1. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Thanks everyone for the feedback, was aiming at this driver to switch all of my PCs at home from some few months old drivers to these 466.63 bit after reading all of the issues think I'm goona skip these and instal either 466.47 or 466.53.

2. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    When do we get an option to Import and Export profiles?

3. lexuger

lexuger Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070 Super
    another crap useless driver since 446.14 was most best performance and stable, cover yourself of glory, thanks for nothing NVIDIA.

4. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Smells userfailure

5. roryodonnell

roryodonnell Guest

GPU:
    I've had 4 crashes in the last hour during Doom Eternal - going back to previous drivers

6. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Stick to 466.47 if you don't have any of the following issues:

[RTX 20 series][GTX 16/10 series][HDMI] 4K @ 120Hz display mode is not available from display settings [3312401]
    If GPU is connected to a 4K UHD TV, system may freeze when launching a VR game [3313315]

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  7. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    Wow, some glowing reviews in this thread. Between this and the avalanche of problems in Nvidia's own thread for these, not sure why they haven't just pulled them.

8. dec72

dec72 Member

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 2070S
    Just went back today to 460.89 with my 2070S imho the newer driver likes these are more aimed for 30xx and if it runs well with your 20xx its just a coincidence.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  9. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    vocal minority.

10. Warkratos

Warkratos Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Just noticed that there's 2 trending threads on NVIDIA Forums about these black screens.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/456413/black-screen-after-46663-driver-update/
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/discover/456348/new-46663-drivers-cause-blue-screen/

11. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Getting WHEAs with this driver. All dxgknrl or nvidia related.
    EDIT: Not a WHEA, doesn't matter, still an issue.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2021
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thats not a WHEA

13. BlackScout

BlackScout Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Regardless of what it actually is or isn't. It is reportedly a "hardware error".
    Pedantism aside (which has contributed a lot to the discussion by the way)
    I have now reverted to 466.47, let's see if the issue will persist or happen again.

My GPU is not overclocked btw.

14. liveonloan

liveonloan Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 770 2GB
    A similar problem on a GTX 770 video card with a GeForce 466.63 driver WHQL I had a problem 2 times a day - the first time I read Twitter. Second time when I didn't do anything. Clean install doesn't help. Tried doing complete deletion via DDU, the problem appeared again. I rolled back to the older 466.47 driver - it did not have this problem (I did not notice). I hope this information will be useful

15. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I guess 466.63 runs fine when there isn't a lot of alt tabbing going on between game and Edge/Chrome.
    Even seen a 3080Ti user that has the black screen issue, which is a bit more problematic since there is no point of return.
    For me this is the first driver in years that adds a an issue making me unable to keep using it.

16. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Indeed, since the majority having issues just roll back and don't say a word besides that some just stick to some old driver.

CrazY_Milojko likes this.
  17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Yeah, also seen quite a lot in the drivers own thread, not sure about how those BSOD's are triggered.

@ManuelG
    Fix for the black screening/blackening out things should be easy since it is directly related to the driver itself, I don't use GFE, only the driver.
    As reported, you should be able to replicate it with some excessive alt tabbing between games at fullscreen and latest Edge/Chrome, just like you would do when looking up things for the game you play when you only got one monitor.
    Played Elite Dangerous Horizons mainly when it happened, which is Dx11 I believe, but also happens with other games.
    Just a bit weird since nothing in the fixed notes seems to relate to anything near it.
    I would get someone to check differences in the revision control between 466.47 and 466.63 to start with and get a hotfix out there asap for the 3080Ti users.

18. ThermaL1102

ThermaL1102 Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 1070 OC
    for anyone wanting to know how the performance is with these ,
    games i've tested run smoother , minecraft rtx , days gone , pubg ,
    all run like a dream
    very low input delay
    driver recommended !

AntiSnipe likes this.
  19. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

As long as we're both pulling facts out of our ass, this is still insignificant considering the amount of people.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I believe its linked to ongoing development of MPO's, so the same workaround of disabling the capability should stop the device resets.