GeForce 466.47 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, May 18, 2021.

1. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    Output Dynamic Range bug ?

Changing between Full (0-255) and Limited (16-235) is not working, display stays at Full regardless (8bit or 10bit).
    Also tested in YCbCR.

2. Battlelog

Battlelog New Member

GPU:
    GTX 3060 8GB :D
    What's going on here!?
    So many drivers have gone and they still can't cope with this Game and still this bug...

[Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. [3202250]

(Translated by Google)

3. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Member

GPU:
    3080 Gaming OC
  4. Superino

Superino New Member

GPU:
    2080 ti wb
    I confirm that it is a driver problem, putting the YCBR442 audio format at 10bpc the slowness is excellent, but putting 8 bpc rgb etc. high slowness. can anyone open a post in the nvidia forum?
    lg oled 48C rtx 2080ti HDMI

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Quoting so i don't have to link every post

@tty8k can you see if this continues to occur with youtube under chrome canary?

90 and 91 are both still affected by the bug where the surface is changed every second.

SubSonix likes this.
  7. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    @Astyanax

- happens in Chrome 91 as soon as you open the browser (not even opening youtube)
    - happens in Edge as soon as you open the browser
    - happens in Chrome 93
    - happens in Firefox 88
    - happens as you start Blizzard Battle NET and Warcraft
    - happens in GTA V
    - happens in Forza Horizon 4

Latency goes to 1200-1400 in these cases if default/8bit mode is selected (or basically not selecting anything after you install the driver)

-----------------------------

Latency is reduced to max 600 if you select 10bit mode in nvcp (and you have a monitor capable of) using 466.47
    Basically this is the latency that I have in 8bit/default if I use any driver prio to 460.89 (included)

---------------------------------

If you make a report can you please add this (might not be high prio but still)

Output Dynamic Range bug ? (happens on my MSI IPS 10bit QHD + 3070 + 466.47)

Changing between Full (0-255) and Limited (16-235) is not working, display stays at Full regardless (8bit or 10bit).
    Also tested in YCbCR.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Please make sure to fill out the NVIDIA driver feedback form:
    https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

I usually check the driver feedback form first before I check forum feedback as it has more complete information that I can use for filing bugs.

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  9. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    @ManuelG

It wasn't inconsistency, that's how I actually bumped into this issue.
    I called it like that because the only thing I changed in those 30 min was the screen bit depth and frankly I wasn't suspecting this to be the issue at all.

Then I realized that was the only thing that changed in my system and started more in depth testing it.

Edit: filled in two reports.
    Cheers from Ireland ;)

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    eGGroLLiO, kman and Dan like this.
  10. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    Hopefully we get this fixed now.

eGGroLLiO likes this.

11. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    I had some stuttering in games in the past couple of drivers. I changed the output from default 8 bpc/Full to 10 bpc/Full in Nvidia Control panel, and the stutters are gone. There is definitely something fishy going on with 8 bpc in these 466 drivers that for whatever reason hampers performance. I didn't check DPC latency, but I'm guessing it's related to what others are reporting.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  12. Superino

Superino New Member

GPU:
    2080 ti wb
    wouldn't it be worth opening a post on the nvidia forum? They have the idea that they do not longer a good driver

13. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    Manuel himself responded here so I believe its being looked at now.

14. Neil79

Neil79 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 980/2070
    Funny how people are reporting Latency issues in the drivers, which I've been reporting for months... All I got was "It's your system". Now it looks to be an issue with the colour settings of 8bit

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  15. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    I saw many people complaining on their forums about crashes, stuttering etc.
    I experimented myself the same issues till one week ago.
    Basically it all started with the re-bar driver series, up until then for 4+ months never had any major problems at all.
    Granted the 8bit depth bug might also part of this but discovered another thing:

I undervolt/underclock my card to more conservative values since I bought it. It ran fine for months with no issues at 1935MHz/0.918v
    As soon as I installed the first re-bar driver issues began (crashes,dx errors, reboots) and continued till current drivers.

One week ago I increased card voltage a little bit from 0.918v to 0.925v
    Since then no issues at all everything runs fine.

It could be that drivers since rebar pushed the card more, maybe some bug or new code that requires more power.
    Maybe the factory-default power stages are not correct anymore?
    Think of it sort of avx instructions, as soon as you use them your cpu requires more V and power.

This is a particular case running custom clocks and voltage but definitely something changed.
    Might be worth for someone having the issues just bumping the voltage a little bit (or lower the clock), see if it works better.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It is in part your system (an aspect of atleast), thats why you were told to send them trace etls and diagnostics, not everyone with 8bit is experiencing this, its certainly not occuring on pascal, not even all turing and ampere user sees it either.

Theres a condition (apart from the 8bit setting) shared by some of you that others do not - and its looking like 9th gen intel processors may be it (if not a bios / microcode concern)

17. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    I'm not sure if having EIST enabled is meant to add so much latency. Basically I'm talking 40-50% ish on general with it enabled (a lot)
    We can disable it and frankly is not a huge deal since cpu goes from 8W to 20W in idle mode.
    Though it kind of ruins the whole power management design, having your cpu running at full speed non stop.

I'll have a look at some AMD system see if power management affects the latency like this.

As for microcode, I have them all disabled (security ones). With those enabled you loose about 5-7% speed in a full load bench.
    I didn't check to see how much they would affect idle to load latency though.

18. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    On a unrelated note (EIST related) I discovered another thing since I disabled it (it might be the cause for other games too):

Minimum fps in warcraft in a crowded zone used to be say 110ish, without CPU maxed, basically only running 15-20% load.
    Disabling EIST (CPU running at full speed) I got 135-140 fps with same 15-20% load in the same zone.

What I suspect is that CPU drops frequency when load is low even though it shouldn't when you are in a game.
    If that's intended then ya it affects our min fps quite a lot.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Definitely not, promotion spikes across 500us do happen but going above 1000 is really excessive.

with all Cstates on the driver might see a +600 spike and be 250 and lower averaged (or below 100 without c states), the 1500us spikes are way outside the norm

my 1680v2+1060 are 228us all up with all supported c states/core parking on(balanced), 100us with high performance plan(but c states still on)

I can get even lower with c states off as well.

20. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Thank you :)

eGGroLLiO likes this.