GeForce 466.47 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, May 18, 2021.

1. stylar

stylar New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super 8GB
    Again broken support LG48CX, now it is not possible to set 4k 120Hz 4:2:0 via HDMI 2.0b.
    Previously, the poor black level in HDR, "accidentally" removed the G-Sync Compatible certification.

New open issues added:
    • [RTX 20 series][HDMI] 4K @ 120Hz display mode is not available from display settings [3312401]
    • If GPU is connected to a 4K UHD TV, system may freeze when launching a VR game [3313315]

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  2. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    You could state that system may freeze when launching a game on a TV with another monitor attached. As it happens on my 8k TV

3. Sylencer

Sylencer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    I'm almost positive the latency issue with nvlddmkm.sys is caused by the shitty drivers nvidia is releasing for over half a year now. This issue is spread across many users and around for the past 6-8+ months. Some of my friends who update their drivers/windows on the regular also noticed these weird issues.
    Had the same issue / still have the issue from time to time but it got alot better within the last 2 months of drivers/win updates.

Side info: My (6k€) system has been tested by the vendor for several days before shipping (they charge 150€ for building & testing), so i trust they will only ship perfect parts/pc.
    The first months i had my system there weren't any issues - it all started with intel pushing microcode updates which degrade performance/cause stutters & nvidia with the "new" drivers on 30xx series release.
    Still haven't pinpointed the exact cause but i'm very confident to say it's nvidia drivers. Might be shitty microcodeupdates or windows updates. Either one of these 101%.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    LOL.

Neo Cyrus, CYP3ORG, Aldek and 2 others like this.

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We have not been able to reproduce the crash. I am not sure if it is a driver bug but if you are able to capture a full dmp file from the crash, I can have our devs take a look:
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3335

You can send it to driverfeedback@nvidia.com

Witcher29 likes this.
  6. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW

Who was the vendor?

Aldek likes this.
  7. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX3070Ti
    I'm also curious about this. I set it to 2K 120Hz 10-bit RGB Full for my VG27WQ monitor. I did it to minimize banding etc. I'm asking does it even help? Or it may cause issues so I must set it to 8-bit?

Note: I got min to no banding in mpc-hc 8-bit and 10-bit tests and I see the difference between them.

8. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    I would say Bs to point the finger at the driver! should everybody would have the same issue ? Not having latency problems on my self build systems for a long time now maybe you should spent more money on testing and perfecting your system ;)

9. Sylencer

Sylencer Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Strix OC
    Glad i could give you a laugh, not sure where the joke was tbh but ayy humor is different.

Alternate, good reputation and the best one in my country. Ruining their rep with shipping faulty components is not their thing afaik. Not sure if people in the US or some 3rd world countries are used to getting faulty parts shipped, but in my country that usually doesn't happen on the regular.

Butthurt much? Not sure if trolling or serious. Assuming you got quite the post amounts here i take it as troll.
    Regardless of that - peeking into nvidia forums show a large variety of people suffering from this issue across several different hardware setups. Although mostly affects users with 30series cards.
    Didn't happen on my "old" 9900k 2080ti setup.

Needless to say i haven't exactly pointed the finger at only the drivers, which i clearly stated above that i'm unsure whether its nvidias drivers, intels microcode updates or windows.

P.S. "Old" pc 9900k + 2080ti? Yes i replace my pc every other year and giveaway my old one to friends for free.

10. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    Haha not even close man I just get triggered by people who trying to put the blame on software for in this case NVidia drivers (I'm almost positive the latency issue with nvlddmkm.sys is caused by the shitty drivers) That frase got me. But anyway If you think I'm trolling your wrong!

11. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    To me it shows 0 difference in both games and video.

The only way I see it is in photoshop by creating a 16bit file and make a gradient, but even there as soon as I export it to any type of usable file (jpeg,png etc) it converts it into 8bit.

I will make a separate thread for this, so we don't spam this one which is meant for driver issues.

12. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    I'm also on 9900k (@5GHz) and a 3070.
    I do get high latency spikes (up to 1300 sometimes) but never noticed any sound issues at all.
    I use the onboard sound back output into speakers and DP (so not hdmi output).

However, I remember having such issues occasionally about 1-2 years ago, I think I was on windows 1904 then.
    It was also a specific issue with my onboard sound drivers and windows.
    I also thought it was from the shitty onboard sound, not exactly a dedicated card.

I think the best way to test it is to run everything at default, no overclocks to anything, and a clean set of drivers.
    Also try to kill as many processes as you can, including mouse/keyb software, antivirus and other extra startup loaders.
    (you'd laugh but at some point my razer software was messing up a few games)

13. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    Good! trouble shooting by excluding software on the system that is the way to go imo

14. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    You seem to have the same card I do.
    https://imgur.com/a/WjjeaB3 (it's always a 1.1k spike) on driver 466.11 (and the driver before if I remember correctly) did you happen to check if you get this on that driver?457.51 didn't trigger latencymon.

Also no wierd sound issues for the most part except maybe the occasional pop/crackle on twitch and youtube but I think it's normal at this point.

15. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    TUF OC RTX 3080
    No lagg on my system but I run Enterprise as OS for a long time now

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    rma the cpu and you won't get that anymore.

17. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Driver runs good with uncapped frames.

18. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    What country is this country that you keep mentioning?

19. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    No lagg or no dpc latency spike?
    I'm assuming you didn't check and you're just saying what you're experiencing without actually checking with latencymon.

20. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    How did you come to the conclusion its the cpu?I don't think he mentioned which process was causing the spike right?