GeForce 466.47 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, May 18, 2021.

1. Neil79

Neil79 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 980/2070
    Hi Kman, it happens on both the 980 GTX and the RTX 2070... One is a I7 2600k the other an I7 4970K with two completely different motherboards and memory set ups. Happens both with the onboard and soundcard :)

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    pascal and maxwell from my testing are not affected for whatever reason on the systems they are running on.

did someone try turning off vt-d yet?

3. FR4GGL3

FR4GGL3 Member

GPU:
    3080 Gaming OC
    I have vt-d at disabled (since forever). As soon as I switch to 8 Bit colors the spikes are there in latencymon (just idling at the desktop Powersetting to "High"). I haven't seen this spikes at 10 Bit (HAGS off for me).

But please, can someone else test this again? As one single systems findings must not mean anything.

4. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    VT off on my main desktop.

5. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    The only thing left for me to check is bios, but to be honest I can't be arsed to flash again to original release.
    I'm running the updated one (rebar) provided by manufacturer, no custom/clone bshit.

I'm sure if the bit depth bug reaches dev's desk they know where to look at.

6. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 FE
    I just played Doom Eternal for 10 minutes with Latencymon running on a second monitor and didn't have any nvlddmkm.sys spikes (usually when the spikes happen I get a half second hitch in games) but as soon as I opened this screenshot in Paint3D the latency shot up to 1100.

Screenshot 2021-06-02 233457.png

I know that this isn't the intended usage for Latencymon but it's definitely helped identify a link between these weird half second hitches I've been having intermittently while gaming and the nvlddmkm.sys spikes happening at the same time. The spikes don't always occur while playing games though and happen seemingly randomly even with no 3rd or 1st party apps running and Windows left showing the desktop.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    doesn't look like you're affected, running the old driver?

8. Dan

Dan Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 FE
    It's 466.55, the latest hotfix driver.

9. TastyChimera

TastyChimera New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    - redacted -

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021