GeForce 466.27 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by valorex, Apr 29, 2021.

1. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    This new Game Ready Driver provides support for the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition, which adds additional ray-traced effects and NVIDIA DLSS 2.0 for greater performance and improved image quality. Additionally, this release also provides optimal support for Mass Effect Legendary Edition and Resident Evil Village, along with support for 5 new G-SYNC Compatible displays.

Fixed Issues in this Release
    [NVIDIA Reflex][Rainbow Six Siege]: Fixed a number of performance related issues related to NVIDIA Reflex and Rainbow Six Siege.
    [HDMI 2.1:] In-game FPS may be capped to the display refresh rate when "Vertical sync" is set to Off [3285334].
    [Rigid Gems][Prepar3D]: The applications may crash or fail to launch.[3285067/3286874]

Release notes
    https://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/466.27/466.27-win10-win8-win7-release-notes.pdf

Download
    https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-466-27-whql-driver-download.html

fluidz, RobinTR, Dan Longman and 2 others like this.
  2. valorex

valorex Active Member

GPU:
    RTX9090 SuperTi 1Tb
    Windows 10 Issues

Yellow bang with Error Code 10 appears by the NVIDIA Platform Controllers and Framework Properties in Device Manager after Express or Custom driver installation without reboot.[200716134] Reboot the system to clear the error, otherwise Dynamic Boost cannot be enabled.

[Mortal Shell]: Unusual increase in the brightness occurs when Shadow Quality is set to Low or Medium. [200724762] To work around, set the Shadow Quality to High or Ultra.

[Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War]: The game may crash on GeForce GTX 10 series GPUs. [200719668]

[World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game [3206341]

[Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. [3202250]

[Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. [3152190]

YouTube: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    YouTube: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. [3129705]

Is this a driver issue or was the problem with Windows / MPO?

4. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    It's a shame that this and the WoW Shadowlands bug are still here though.

I'm installing this for security fixes since 466.11 version
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...letin:-nvidia-gpu-display-driver---april-2021

Don't have an RTX card, so can't play Enhanced Metro Exodus :(

5. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Thx for the share :)

valorex likes this.
  6. Didusieq

Didusieq Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GF RTX 3080
  7. fpollan

fpollan Active Member

GPU:
    Gainward 1080GLH
    Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. [3152190]

Whats mean this?
    Cant use Msiafterburner with STEAMVR and iRacing, f.e.?
    Thanks

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yes, that's what it means in practice.

9. WhiskeyOmega

WhiskeyOmega Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 MSI GXT
    I got a Memory Management BSOD right after installing these and the NVidia control panel didnt appear in the context menu
    With the last set of drivers the scaling has been massively broken and Windows and nvidia tell me the recommended res for my 8k TV is 1080p

10. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This driver and last I get an error in most games that I need a DX11 capable card. I have to use 470.25 drivers. I've done a clean install of OS and drivers to try to fix and nothing.

11. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Windows 10 Issues

[Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War]: The game may crash on GeForce GTX 10 series GPUs. [200719668]

It also affects RTX 2070's as well in Warzone!

12. pato

pato Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060TI
    This could also be a cable issue if you really have an 8k TV. Try another Ultra High Speed HDMI cable if possible.

13. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Amazing how the Batman issue is still not fixed, an Nvidia feature that was bragged about years ago now remains broken, and after months remains broken.

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Indeed, on would think that Nvidia specific features keep working regardless of driver updates.
    But guess the driver devs are more focused around a mediocre RT experience than keeping their old code working, and yet people claim that AMD drivers are worse lol.

Aldek likes this.
  15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I believe this is a platform specific issue (Lenovo notebooks?)

It's partially a client issue, the game is writing into and trying to execute in a non-executable region.

Chrome/Edge 92 has a fix for this, you can try it on Canary if you like.

Such bsods are not caused by the incoming driver, but corruption already present in a rarely touched area of kernel memory caused by certain utilities on the older drivers.

displaycal and f.lux are potential offenders, i looked at another uses dump file recently but it was an incomplete dump and was missing a number of "pages" relevant to the crash, so nvidia will need full size kernel dumps to look into it.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021

16. P_G19

P_G19 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1660 / 6GB
    so what's the performance hit of the security mitigations? or no hit?

17. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Odd how it worked until a Nvidia driver broke something, the game has been updated in years

18. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Up and running, clean install.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Sometimes you can "try catch" a memory exception, so long as doing so isn't exposing a security vulnerability, the games still playable, with windows No Execute protection fully disabled.

PS: the physx runtime where the crash occurs was never updated between the game working and not working either.

turbulence smoke works in game btw, its just the benchmark that crashes from my experience.

20. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    @ManuelG are you kidding me?

AOC 24G2W1G8 now is officially g-sync compatible but my AOC 24G2W1G4 isn't?

Can you please do something about it. They are the same monitors after all.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021