GeForce 466.11 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 14, 2021.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Would seem so long as Open Steam window to max before Sekiro launched the game lauchs correct attest for that steam session

2. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    HAGs off, its a waste of time like RE-BAR.

PetritH and Aldek like this.
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have Hags and Gamemode off neither of them will be turned on anytime soon

PetritH and loracle like this.
  4. wrobles3D

wrobles3D Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650
    PetritH likes this.

5. kaibosh

kaibosh Member

GPU:
    As it states right in DDU, Windows can and does ignore this setting on a regular basis. People are still getting automatic internet installs of drivers on boot up. Windows has been overwriting registry keys for this and many other things recently, you can't trust it.

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    That usually just happens when you install (or upgrade to) a new major version of Windows or do a repair install, as that resets all kinds of stuff. DDU's option to block driver installs will work and stay put otherwise.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  7. neuropuff

neuropuff New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti
    This may be a niche use case, but I have a CPU with poor single-threaded performance and have noticed improved input latency with HAGS on. Maybe not useful for systems with gaming CPUs, but I think it can be beneficial on CPU bottle-necked systems.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW

I guess I just have some magically weird bubble I live in where this isn't a problem.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  10. d5aqoep

d5aqoep Member

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SG
    Yes that WAS my problem. Windows 10 was not even allowing me to uninstall that update. So I downloaded a fresh ISO of build 19043.867 from UUP dump website (google it). Clean install with installation of all my games and softwares was the only way out. I had to use a free app called WUMT immediately on booting into Wibdows for the first time and use Hide function to block the offending update. Or you can Pause updates for 7 days from Windows Update settings page.

Now fps are back to normal when V-Sync is used and I can again get 4k 120 fps on Forza Horizon 4. So for once it wasn’t a driver issue

For those willing to do fresh install, this is the link to esd file of 19043.867 from official Microsoft's windows update servers EN-US X64 build.
    Download
    If you have iso, extract it to a folder and just replace the install.wim or install.esd in sources folder with the above one and rename it to install.esd.
    Run the setup and downgrade.
    esd to iso is also possible with below script
    https://github.com/abbodi1406/BatUtil/tree/master/esd-decrypter-wimlib

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021

11. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    NVIDIA advises uninstalling the latest Windows update to avoid in-game crashes KB5001330, is that true ?

12. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti FE
    Yes, there are a lot of users having game crashing and other BSOD issues with the latest Windows update yet again. The last three months it's nothing but BSOD updates by Microsoft.

13. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    Thanks for replying, did you uninstall it, noticed changes, no more craches ? cause i got some craches but i suspected the Nvidia driver..

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    only people having bsods are those with third party ramdisk drivers.

Kaldaien just reported an issue where some monitors are swapping the min and average full frame luminance value, this could be a windows bug.

15. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3080 Ti FE
    I haven't had the need as I have no issues myself.

Not sure about that
    https://www.windowslatest.com/2021/...ow-causing-trouble-for-more-windows-10-users/
    https://www.tomsguide.com/news/late...-frame-rates-cause-screen-stutters-for-gamers

I know most of those articles are just a bunch of copy paste articles, but the amount of articles that are being pushed out about issues with the update seems more than just ramdisk issues.

16. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I'm sure they are just ramdisk issues, all of the dump files i have analyzed list lmdisk.sys

18. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
  19. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    I did uninstall the 04.21 updates but it didn't change a thing. Was getting 45 FPS tops in WoW: Classic and Elders Scroll Online on my RTX 3090.. Re-added the 04.21 update and downgraded to 465.89 and my performance is back to normal.

20. d5aqoep

d5aqoep Member

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SG
    You have to be on either 19042.867 (20H2) or 19043.867 (21H1) builds to restore performance. Also make sure you use WUMT to hide the update.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021