GeForce 466.11 WHQL driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    How to generating an event trace log for GPUView to troubleshoot performance issues/low FPS/game stutter
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...e-log-for-gpuview-to-troubleshoot-performance

Collecting GPU logs using GPU-Z
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4749/

2. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    But your "point" doesn't address anything. Why would they put it on the whitelist if they haven't seen any speed up? Why do you think stuff got on the whitelist in the first place? Thats the point.

Isn't it possible that the entire configuration of the system matters, so one system may see speed ups, and one may not?

All I hear from people here is bashing with no thought. Just parroting what they saw in some video, without background or context.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
  3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    No. Control Panel Vsync when Gsync is enabled will always cap the framerate. From my experience, it seems to depend on whether Low Latency Mode is Off, On or Ultra-Low how "aggressive" that cap will be, however. This is how it's worked for a long time now.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT Gam. X
    'k

Cave Waverider likes this.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    They run ok in Destiny2, actually much better then earlier 465.89, I had some stability issues with those. This 466.11 is the best so far.

6. Kosmoz

Kosmoz Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    For telling the truth?
    Sure, even better that way I won't have to reply to blind fanboism or ignorance.

Just for the record, I'll add you to my ignore list too and the other 2 neophytes that are in the same trash bin with you, they know who they are.

PS. Thanks for reminding me about that forum function.

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    I really wish they added an option to export and import profiles via the control panel.

8. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Tri. OC
    Hm it appears there is a regression for me. I got the RTX blackscreen during just browsing and listening to Spotify (Firefox, HW-accelerated, sound from GPU via HDMI) again which they had fixed 2 or 3 versions back. This time i got an eventlog "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

HAGS is off in Windows, REBAR is off in BIOS

9. toyota

toyota Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Good grief how hard is it for you to comprehend something so simple? How many different ways does it have to be explained to you before you will grasp that just because it's on the white list does not mean it's going to be an actual improvement? Again some of the games on their white list are actually the games that perform the worst with it on so it shows just how unreliable and nearly useless the list actually is. And these review sites use top of the line components so you can expect even more inconsistent results for the average user.

10. 7 Sequence

7 Sequence Member

GPU:
    GTX1060 6G
    Sorry, it’s not a driver problem

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021

11. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 1080Ti
    Working perfectly here in a vast number of games, new and old. Nice solid set for me so far but as always if I come across any issues I'll report back.

12. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Tri. OC
    Whoops, when installing 465.89 again, when the display shut off for the driver replacement, the PC did not like it:

Did a DDU cleanup and reinstalled 465.89 afterwards

Attached Files:

13. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Member Guru

GPU:
    STRIX 3080
    Driver has been working great for me - No issues.

14. ValSidalv21

ValSidalv21 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090 TUF OC
    Same here, got one yesterday browsing with Edge (also had Anydesk running in the backround), was wandering if it was just me.

15. tty8k

tty8k Master Guru

GPU:
    Ati 5850
    So far no problems on my 3070 with bar enabled globally.

16. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    These are all good for me, no issues, installed them over the top of the last lot

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Those games perform fine, the issue is with the systems.

This only occurs when installing with GFE in a handful of user cases.

18. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Tri. OC
    Assuming GFE = Geforce Experience
    I am always using NVSlimmer and removing everything but Core, Display, Audio, Physx. I haven't had GFE on this machine for years.

19. toyota

toyota Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yet another ignorant reply from you. Get through your pathetic fanboy brain that some of those whitelist games perform worse with it enabled and that is a goddamn fact. Everyone here can see right through your hardon for Nvidia.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i'd like to see the bsod dump file then, quite unusual to experience a kernel exception without something third party modifying the drivers memory.