GeForce 461.51 HOTFIX drivers: download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Feb 5, 2021.

1. zandathrax

zandathrax Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS ROG STRIX 3090
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2021
    Maddness, chinobino, fluidz and 2 others like this.
  2. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    The hotfix addresses the following issues:
    • [Ampere] Chrome/Edge may experience random TDR while browsing [3195894]
    • [G-SYNC][Edge of Eternity/Hitman 2]: The games experience stutter and low FPS when Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling in windowed mode [200685971]
    • Wallpaper Engine app may crash on startup or upon resume from sleep. [3208963]
    • [461.40] LG CX OLED TVs (2020) are not recognized as G-SYNC Compatible displays [3244055]
    • [Surround][RTX 30 series] PC may display no signal message when enabling NVIDIA Surround [3230565]
    • On some Notebooks ‘Maximum Graphics Power’ information missing in NV Control Panel - System Information [200697069]

MrX1980 and fluidz like this.
  3. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    Huh, when installing these drivers it's like the first time I got a Windows notification asking for PC reboot to finish the driver installation.
    I don't think I ever had that notification before when installing Nvidia drivers.

4. linoleum

linoleum Member

GPU:
    Gigabytes RTX3060Ti
    A last!!! The Chrome tab flicker is actually gone!! Although installer didn't work on my side... Had to manually force install these drivers. But they work!

***Edit: scratch that.. after restarting, it's a flicker fest.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Give this a try:
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5157/

6. Johannah

Johannah Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3090
    Do you have any ETA on when there will be a driver for World of Warcraft Shadowlands that makes it stop flickering like crazy?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2021
  7. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3070 OC
    Strange that I use Opera (also Chromium-based) and the flicker is gone since 461.09 drivers here... Gsync enabled on a 165hz panel...

Clean, after DDU install time maybe??

8. n3v3rm1nd

n3v3rm1nd Active Member

GPU:
    Aus Strix RTX 2070
    OMG I had stuttering and freezing issues on some windows especially VLC with anything other than the OpenGL renderer WHILE resizing them and this fixed it.

Everyone talks about flickering and I thought this has nothing to do with my issue. Seems it totally is!

9. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We made a small change in this driver that solves or reduces the flicker for many users but a real fix is still being worked on.

PowerK, tfam26, Netherwind and 5 others like this.
  10. n\/Cl34r

n\/Cl34r Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 3080 Tri. OC
    WOOO FINALLY a fix for the HW-accel TDRs. For the record, they are not restricted to chrome, they also happen in just about every hardware-accelerated desktop window and especially when you have multiple open
    e.g. Firefox, Anydesk, MPC-HC

The problem always was i do not get eventlogs or dumps when they happen, so there is nothing to send to Nvidia.

I will know by monday if it actually fixes it :)

EDIT:
    Reddit comments say the issue persists. Not encouraging

11. Razunter

Razunter Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    This driver gives me artifacts everywhere on 3080
    Rolled back, works fine now

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    your overclock is unstable.

ie, the vendor overclock is unstable.

tfam26 likes this.
  13. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    After switching to 3080 i noticed my chrome was flickering if i minize or resize it, or just move it from 1 screen to another.
    The weird thing is i found a fix but its retarded, i use "Rainmeter" to show my ram/cpu usage as a widget on the desktop,
    and after i installed those back after the gpu switch and windows reinstall, the flickering was gone.. Not sure how they're related.

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its the MPO issue.

Refer to Manuel's post above.

15. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Egads, overclocking Ampere?

You're better off putting a tremolo bar on a tuba.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no joke.

17. PPC

PPC Active Member

GPU:
    I do agree that modern components are not really OC friendly in a sense that they are usually already pushed to the max. But on the other hand i yet have to see an ampere card that cant do +1000 on the memory rock stable.

18. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Why? :)

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
    Providing a bit more power to them via GeForce Experience seems like it helps particularly the 3090 but I don't know how well a manual overclock would work compared to just letting the boost algorithm scale it within it's various parameters although the memory states could be a bit more flexible if it's about these.

Not much of a overclock though it's just adding a bit extra for the GPU to utilize before it throttles compared to modifying voltages or the clock speed or curvature for it I think is how it works now.

As for memory flexibility well sorta, might be a bit of a range on them like on AMD as well with error correction kicking in so it runs all the way up to near maximum without artifacts but the ECC makes for limited or reduced performance gains and scaling it back instead is more gainful.
    Not sure how sensitive Ampere and GDDR6X is though AMD RDNA1 was fairly sensitive and RDNA2 while a bit better is both locked at a fairly low maximum and tends to hit ECC early on so testing is needed to confirm if it really works or not. :)

EDIT: Actually was there even any data on that I think Micron had something like ECC but not quite the same but the available info was more limited from what I remember of trying to look it up at least.

EDIT: Forward Error Correction.
    https://www.anandtech.com/show/1597...g-for-higher-rates-coming-to-nvidias-rtx-3090

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  20. looniam

looniam Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    mining?

just a guess, sorry for using a "dirty word" . .