GeForce 461.40 WHQL drivers: download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jan 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    Did you have a stroke?

tfam26 likes this.
  2. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Please fill out the driver feedback form below so we can look into this look into this:
    https://forms.gle/kJ9Bqcaicvjb82SdA

If you could also share a complete dmp file, that would be very helpful.
    For TDR:
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3335

For BSOD:
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4842

You can email the dmp file to driverfeedback@nvidia.com

3. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 3060Ti
    These have been fine for me with no problems at all

DannyD likes this.
  4. tfam26

tfam26 Master Guru

GPU:
    nvidia 30 series
    Nvidia's milkshake does bring a lot of boys to the yard though.

5. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    Ok I have been testing OverlayTestMode 5 for the past few days with HW acceleration enabled. Today a freeze occur in Edge however the PC didn't reboot this time, instead after 5 seconds the display did the black screen and signal came back and PC was fine. 4 live kernal errors were logged pointing to ampere error.

I have been playing various games for long hours over the weekend with no problems. Well apart from having a few crashes in the Medium but I think that was linked to GSync as I was able to carry on and complete the game with it disabled.

Another thing to note is with GPU scaling enabled I have bars on either side when I have 120hz selected at the TV native 4k Res. If I select
    4096 then the screen is filled correctly, I wouldn't mind but using this res will cost me a bit of performance. GPU scaling gave me more accurate ratios in older games compared to the TV scaler.

I'll do feedback and email memory dumps.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  6. viren

viren Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2070
    Hi. Is the official nvidia driver website down? Cant access it since a day or two. Can anyone confirm?

7. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Just tested and downloading this driver, no issues, website working fine.

If you have issues accessing websites with your ISP or Country, change Windows 10 DNS to Cloudflare. Might help you access websites that sometimes your ISP blocks, etc.

Use the link below and scroll down to where it says:

"How to configure Cloudflare DNS service on Windows 10"

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-configure-cloudflare-dns-1111-service-windows-10-and-router

8. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Please make sure your mobo BIOS is up to date, your audio/network and other communications drivers are updated and if the issue persists, capture a GPUView trace of about 30 seconds in length showing the DPC latency issue.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3507

Send the trace log along with the MSINFO32 file from your PC to driverfeedback@nvidia.com.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2507/

stryfe2010 likes this.
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I have the hotfix driver before this one and it seems that the game only crashes if MSI AB is on but I'm not completely sure about this and need further thesting.

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    All drivers(network/audio/AHCI/chipset etc) must be up to date in order to achieve the best performance ?

11. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Could it be this?
    https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/m...bug-that-is-responsible-for-game-freezes.html

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    in order to not hit Kernel performance problems brought about by changes in code.

Theres history of Realtek Audio and Lan breaking SLI (Just an example of prior occurrences.)
    and history of certain aida64/hwinfo sensors on particlar motherboard and graphics cards causing excessive video driver latencies because some other embedded controller was spamming interrupts

the ds4 driver for example is constantly firing off interrupts compared to other controllers.

RGB controllers doing software controlled effects are also interrupt driven, so many potential conflictive software combinations on modern bling bling gamer products.

13. Reinhardovich

Reinhardovich New Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Hi there @ManuelG! I wouldn't actually call this feedback regarding the current driver, but I wanted to ask if you guys have some driver optimizations in the works for Nioh 2 CE, because according to GameGPU benchmarks (average and minimum framerate at 1440p), the game simply does not run well on Nvidia hardware sadly.

[​IMG]
    Thanks in advance for even considering my inquiry!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  14. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Are you still seeing this issue?

15. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 RTX
    This driver gives me stutter with 3090 4K/gsync.
    I have to enable vsync to get smooth gameplay.

16. superleeds27

superleeds27 Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX560 TI
    Anyone else had issues with the display not coming back on once it goes into 'Sleep state'

Had it set to turn off after 20, then refused to come back on. Had to turn the monitor off and on again for it to work?

First issue I've ever had like this?

Aorus AD27QD monitor.

Edit: I'll just disable the sleep state for the time being.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  17. geogan

geogan Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 AORUS Master
    Haven't played it much since. If I see it again next time I play (probably this weekend) I will let you know.

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You should enable V-Sync even with G-Sync. V-Sync on(NVCP) + G-Sync + FPS limit -3(If 120hz, limit to 117 etc).

19. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Would this be connected to profiling time rate (last column in HWinfor64), I notice with some of the MB specific sensors it is or can be very high hit.
    I generally turn off all high profiling time ones not needed.

20. fluidz

fluidz Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi trio x 2080ti
    I wasn't quite sure where to post this :/

Running a game with a framerate cap (capped below refresh rate) in the background, causes the mouse cursor on the desktop to microstutter (seems to sync to the in game framerate). This happens when the game is utilising a high gpu load.

Couple of examples..

- Destiny 2, capped at 120fps in game, monitor is running at 144hz. I load up a planet to put stress on the gpu, gpu load = 90%+, the framerate is hovering around 120fps (because of the cap). When I alt and tab to minimise the game to the taskbar, the mouse cursor will microstutter on the desktop as if it is running at 120fps not 144fps.

- Resident Evil 2 remake, capped at 120fps in rivatuner, monitor is running at 144hz. First I need to load a mission to put stress on the gpu, gpu load is now showing 90%+, framerate = 120fps (because of the cap). When I alt and tab to minimise the game to the taskbar, the mouse cursor will microstutter on the desktop as if it is running at 120fps not 144fps.

As soon as i disable the framerate cap for either game, allowing the in game framerate to shoot up to 144fps (vsync), matching the refresh rate of the monitor, the mouse cursor on the desktop will move smoothly again.

Edit - Worth mentioning, the web browser becomes sluggish when games are minimised. Having Destiny 2 open in the background, the browser seems to slow down (think 30fps on a 144hz monitor).

Does anyone know if this is normal behaviour? I assume so? Thankyou.

Specs : Nvidia 2080ti (461.40), ryzen 5800x, acer xb271hu @ 144hz, Win 10 20h2. GPU scheduling disabled.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021