GeForce 461.40 WHQL drivers: download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jan 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    Sorry, but I'm just curious... What are these MPOs, and why is Nvidia pushing this feature out with newest drivers, when it's clearly plagued with issues?

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 2070 Super
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hardware_overlay
    PS And it is not plagued with issues. Just there are rigs/configurations with issues.

Ohmer likes this.
  3. Neil79

Neil79 Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 980/2070
    Another user reporting sound popping with the latest 461.x drivers and hanging in call of duty

1. I've gone back to 460.79 as the last latest 3 are bad for me, I get the sound popping issue too with them.
    2. On this new driver my Cod Warzone hangs for 5 - 10 seconds when joining an online lobby, rolled back to previous and its fine.
    3. me too thought it was just cod playing up again but seems its driver related. I shall be rolling back too.

4. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB

5. Mikstar2020

Mikstar2020 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 OC
    Yes, Value is 5 ,that's right.

6. Ohmer

Ohmer Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti DUKE OC
    Thanks for that. Even with the radio button set to "hexadecimal" I was/am still unable to type in the value "0x5", just found it kind of puzzling. Didn't even think to google for the decimal conversion, and good to know none of that was necessary anyway.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you don't enter 0x, only the hex encoded value, ie, a3e0 without the 0x.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
  8. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Member Guru

GPU:
    STRIX 3080
    I don't think this is related to the driver specifically but GFE, I only install GFE and use it to stream my PC to my Shield in the bedroom. Since the last driver and the latest GFE my game stream keeps stopping working.
    Uninstalling and reinstalling GFE will fix it for a little bit but then it will stop working again.

Super annoying.

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    They're just drivers, they work fine. Played GTAO for hours last night with no issues.

10. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1080 Turbo
    I am having troubles on Warzone with these drivers and overclocked GTX 1080. Went back to 456.71 and problem is gone.

SatsuiNoHado likes this.

11. shm0

shm0 Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS TUF GAMING Rad
    NVIDA fixed some security issues in the latest drivers.
    The 457.xx (and below) are affected by this?
    So why isn't there a driver update distributed through windows update?

And is it possible to get the 452.77 drivers (quadro, security issues fixed) for normal geforce cards?
    Modding drivers is a bit meh.
    Maybe there is OEM driver based on 452.77 (i think there is also an updated 457.xx ?) out somewhere?

12. Velldanas

Velldanas Member

GPU:
    1060 GTX / 3GB
    Making FPS cap (in-game) to 100 fixed flickering textures.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no it didn't.

14. Ohmer

Ohmer Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti DUKE OC
    After a little "light" reading, I now understand the prefix, what it's for, and a bunch of other things about programming and hex that I never knew before. So at the very least, this thread has been educational. :cool:

MaBo974 likes this.
  15. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 ROG Strix
    Very odd. The 461.40 drivers (I tested both the Studio and the Game Ready version) are really unstable on my RTX 3090 after the monitor wakes from sleep.
    After the monitor (and/or possibly VR headset sleep - I have the HP Reverb G2 WMR Headset connected to the video card) was in sleep, whenever I start a game (or even just hardware accelerated Chromium Edge), it'll crash (either there will be a TDR, the application will crash with a black screen or I'll sometiomes get a BSOD with Nvidia related or video related things mentioned), sometimes immediately (mostly on the Studio driver, although that may be a placebo), sometimes within a couple of minutes at best (mostly with the game ready driver, but again, that could be a placebo).
    As a workaround, I can set the monitor not to sleep, then I can play all day and not have a crash. Also, going back to 461.33 Hotfix drivers or previous drivers I've tried solves this issue completely for me and I'm not experiencing any crashes with those after monitor sleep at all.

Has anybody else been experiencing this with 461.40 as well?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2021

16. Apatch

Apatch Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX1080 OC
    I got BSOD with VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR , after that sfc /scannow found some sysetm errors, still testing

17. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I got my first crash in Call of Duty Black Ops with these but had no problem in warzone?Went back to 461.09 and crashes gone.Its weird cause I never have crashes in anything.o_O

18. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Member Guru

GPU:
    STRIX 3080
    changed nothing but gamestream showed up again as ready. ‍♂️

19. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW U
    This reg key seems to be working, I have added this to disable MPOs and so far no freezes in edge since I re-enabled HA. If they re-appear i'll update.

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1143652#c13

Also enabling csm compatibility in the bios seems to have made the LG C9 connection more stable, not as many game response mode popups and no split screen after rebooting.

Mikstar2020 likes this.
  20. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    Yeah but doesnt enabling CSM if you didnt when installing windows screw up your windows boot drive?