GeForce 461.40 WHQL drivers: download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jan 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. squallypoh

squallypoh Member

GPU:
    rx 570 gigabyte 4gb
    best driver for gtx 980 so far? my question is obviously targeted to the gtx 900 users.

2. geogan

geogan Master Guru

GPU:
    3070 AORUS Master
    I was just spectating there in Fortnite today during a busy end round battle and the framerate just suddenly and for no reason dropped to about 5-7FPS from usual 60-70FPS for about 10 seconds - I was thinking if that happened while I was playing I would be dead.

I was running it in HDR with full raytracing on 1440P with DLSS Balanced mode. So not just happening on old GPUs

3. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Vision OC 24GB
    That used to happen with raytracing on, on cod.

4. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Ms edge flickering when adjusting the venster or stutters when moving the vensters is still there. I solved the problem by disabling hardware acceration in ms edge anyone else got similar issues with this ?

5. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    BAR already is a single register with single index. Is it not? PCIe 3.0 spec specifically talks about it. You can have multiple indexes, but they are multiple BARs then. A single BAR can't have multiple indexes.

RBAR operates as follows:
    "The kernel mode driver, through a background process, resizes the size of accessible VRAM to the entire memory size of the graph. A process that is set has no impact on the image shown on the screen.

Once the amount of VRAM in the graph is determined, it is indicated how much can be accessible by the processor. Although everything will be accessible by the processor, the graphics is always kept the priority of use. To simplify access to the processor, a series of virtual addresses are generated for the CPU.

When the size is successfully modified, the kernel mode driver must expose a single memory segment called CPUvisible to the VRAM administrator. The VRAM administrator assigns the virtual addresses of the CPU directly in a range, the memory being accessible according to needs."

See, having RBAR vs having entire memory accessible via Above 4G decoding has the same effect if you are addressing the entire memory. As long as CPU is able to address 64bit BAR, we should not need to resize the BAR. All CPUs since Haswell have supported 64bit BAR. So I don't think there is any reason why RBAR is required, when 64bit BAR is available.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the resizable bar bios feature allows the OS to reprogram the register, it is otherwise set at POST and not controllable previously.

the intel 4G decoding implementation implies resizability.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    See This

8. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Previous driver 461.09 gave me bsod on Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I'm very hesitant to install this driver...

9. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Being "buggy" for you is not the same as being buggy for everyone.

NVCP has some issues but they are mainly down to loading a 1000 ready made game profiles which has always taken time to load but who here uses that feature anyway.

I've never used the actual game profiles part of the GUI ever so yea there's that. Nothing else in the CP gives me problems, not changing HZ or Res's as i have 3 Monitors hooked up all with different res's. 1.1080p 1.1440p and a 4k TV plus all of them are different hz's the TV is 60hz the 1440p is 144hz and the 1080p is 75hz.

Just played 2 hours of Rocket League and i must say this driver felt very smooth to me.

10. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio

Exactly. Which is what I was reading. So it may seem that for intel products this should ideally work with just above 4g decoding.

11. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Nope, I've never used those profiles either. The last time I can remember ever using profiles was from dual card setups if it never played right. If it did, I also never needed the profiles.

I'm so glad I never got dual cards again even from the marketing. It was more faff than having fun with games. Though, when it worked, it was fantastic but there were too many issues.

The next game patch usually always broke something. Then you'd get game developer blaming the graphics card developers and vice versa. Waiting a month or two on fixes. To then rinse and repeat fixing bugs and profiles.

12. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    might this be a fix for the random "lags/freezes" I've been experiencing with Edge lately? (scrolling down sites)

13. Algis

Algis Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Hello

I have ASUS DUAL RTX 3060 ti and dxdiag shows Dx feature level 12_1 not 12_2 (latest Windows insider build) also Nvidia Control panel System information shows Direct3D feature level 12_1 not 12_2. This means RTX 3060 ti not supports DX Feature level 12_2? I'm confused...

14. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 SUPER
    You need insider driver 465.21 as you need higher wddm level

Algis likes this.
  15. Algis

Algis Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    Where to get insider driver 465.21???

16. Mikstar2020

Mikstar2020 New Member

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 OC
    My Problem Solved with this Method from Manuel@NVIDIA:

Create the registry key mentioned in this URL to disable MPO and then reboot your PC. Then see if you are able to reproduce the flicker.
    https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1143652#c13

17. Algis

Algis Member

GPU:
    GTX 760
    I installed driver 465.21 Nvidia Control panel System information still shows Feature level 12_1???

18. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    I'm wondering if this is the cause of my issue with apex on my 3080 on driver 457.51?Or is it just those drivers?
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/3...ex-once-twice-a-game-w-frametimegraph.436073/
    Had no issue on my 1080ti on driver 442.59 and I have no other explanation.

Mkb1969 even pinpointed the issue to being a driver issue when I gave him the Windows performance tool results.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  19. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Waiting for an official release for now i disabled hardware acceleration in ms edge for a temp fix. Not going to mess with regedit files.

20. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    good driver for me, rdr2 feels smoother with this one