GeForce 452.06 Game Ready Driver - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Jen1, Aug 17, 2020.

1. flexy

flexy Guest

GPU:
    Riva 128
    This is an Nvidia bug as old as mankind... Using a monitor, it SHOULD always be at "full", as a PC monitor, drumroll!! uses the entire range. Only a "TV" is expecting limited dynamic range. However, it's not as straight-forward . Because TVs and monitors also often have a setting where you can specify what range they should use. So what is correct in NV panel depends on the setting on the display.

(Short: If you have a display that you have connected to your PC, you will likely want the display to work with full range, and have the driver also send "full dynamic range". If the driver, for unknown reasons incorrectly sends "limited" to your monitor [which is the old bug I was referring to], your picture quality will suck, you will have poor blacks for example).

2. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW

You don't trust your own impressions?

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  3. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6950
    yeah, i had a Dell 24" 1920x1080p monitor and it was always recognized as a Ultra HD, HD or SD......not as a PC monitor and i always had to change the Output dynamic range from Limited to Full

now i have a Acer 24.5" 1920x1080p monitor and it shows up in both the UltraHD, HD, SD & PC menu, i have to select the PC option to enable 144Hz refresh rate, the other section i can only select 60, 59 & 50 refresh rate

4. Elfa-X

Elfa-X Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 XT
    I also have a 1080ti and came back from fixing dinner to my system lagging everywhere then BSOD with stopcode watchdog. I think it was transcoding plex.

5. rocky01

rocky01 Member

GPU:
    rtx-2070
    Uh, I don't have impressions when I'm trying to decide if a new driver is worth downloading, There must be a point somewhere in there, eh? I show up on this site to see what others have to say.

6. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    This thread, page 2 - There's my impression back on page #2. Worse performance, massive mouse lag...in Horizon Zero Dawn. Don't know about others.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Amaze likes this.
  8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    Do you need to hand crank the internet like a Model T Ford? Just download it and try it out. Move your mouse a few inches and click a few times. The amount of time it took for you to respond, you could have already done that.

9. rocky01

rocky01 Member

GPU:
    rtx-2070
    Hey, thank you for the link. i figure if I have a question, someone else does too.

10. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    Thanks for the reply,

Somehow the 452.06 broke the night light on my laptop, I did not do anything except installing this new driver and the night lite suddenly broke

I will not roll back to test now, cause this new driver may have fixed a BSOD that happened without even seeing a BSOD. Still not sure, but a stable system without sudden restart is better than a system with night light and BSODs.

11. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    Windows 10 2004 last build (now 450), and NVidia 1080 I already made a bug report

12. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    SLI is dead!

No:

Added or updated the following SLI profiles :

• DCL - The Game (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
    • Jiu Xiao
    • Monster Energy Supercross 2 - The Official Videogame (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and
    later)
    • MORDHAU (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
    • Overpass (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
    • Planetside 2 (DirectX 11)
    • Sniper Elite V2 Remastered
    • Spyro Reignited Trilogy (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
    • Surviving The Aftermath
    • System Shock (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later)
    • The Fisherman - Fishing Planet (NVIDIA Turing GPUs and later
    • Warhammer Underworlds: Online
    • Wolcen: Lords of Mayhem

13. GiveMe

GiveMe Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Trinity OC
    it Supports but scales zero
    You might have GPU Usage on both GPUs but have same performance or slower perf. compared to one GPU

Gandul likes this.
  14. 256k

256k Guest

GPU:
    1070M & 2080TI Trio
    @ManuelG i've readed somewhere that AMD users does not have to turn HDR ON on their Windows 10 each time they want to play in HDR, because it does it automatically, we have to (and it's really annoying)

Will that be changed?

Gandul and Cave Waverider like this.
  15. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Noobs allways has problems...

Not every games does work in SLI, but many do. Many computers is cpu or memorybandwidth bound, and many both. In some cases that is the key to low scaling. People without SLI seams to have most problems with SLI/nvlink LOL :D

XantaX and anxious_f0x like this.

16. Adnan008

Adnan008 Member

GPU:
    Gigab. RTX 2070supr
    OR install DCH driver version, i wonder why people just don't install DCH drivers? they are SAME, and windows wont mess with DCH drivers.

XantaX likes this.
  17. macatak

macatak Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6950
    the problem occurs when you remove your driver with DDU in Safe mode then restart into normal mode, this is when windows will quickly install a driver from win update, disabling internet prevents this. Once you have installed your desired nvidia driver then re-enable internet

HandR and HoWxCoRe like this.
  18. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I thought DDU has an option to block this though...

Also, you can disable windows downloading driver updates from win update, and force windows update to only download system updates (no drivers). It's not in any of the windows update config windows though; you have to go to the old system properties to get to it (its the same option that allows Windows to download updated icons for your devices, like a printer icon that looks like your exact model printer). Microsoft loves pushing the wrong drivers to people, for no good reason.

It has always bothered me that they combine that option, because i dont want windows downloading drivers but i really do like the custom device icons when they are available, lol.

19. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    For years, the reasoning (straight from Nvidia) was that: if you connected HDMI, the driver assumed it was a TV, and picked Limited. At least they have the option now; I still remember the old nvidia drivers did not have the option, and you would have to do a regedit or use the RGB Limited->Full utility someone made, anytime you updated drivers. We complained for so long, they finally listened and made it an option, lol

Also digital vibrance, in the nvidia control panel, would force full range, even if you had it set to limited (there must have been something in the code that assumed you were adjusting a monitor and NOT a tv, lol)

20. PittyH

PittyH Member

GPU:
    2080ti
    This driver still has DHCP issues in 4K netflix win10 app with HVEC on 2080ti and lg C9 and cac-1085 displayport 1.4 to hdmi2.1 adapter.

Rolling back to 446.14 fixes the netflix HDCP error.

Every driver they released since they fixed the "HDR win 10 volume overlay bug" (451.67) has this issue :(

So i have to choose hdr volume bug or netflix 4k hdcp error, or no adapter(120hz)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020