GeForce 452.06 Game Ready Driver - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Jen1, Aug 17, 2020.

1. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    I'm leaning toward HZD being a rushed port, because Death Stranding uses the same engine and it runs pretty flawlessly. Once of the most recent drivers even address texture loading in Death Stranding, which i would hope helps any texture issues in HZD also, but there's definitely some other issues going on from what i can tell (i havent played the PC port, i already own it on PS4 and am not sure if i want to pay for it again lol)

2. GotNoRice

GotNoRice Active Member

GPU:
    4080 RTX
    Very interesting that they are finally taking a look at this. This has actually been an issue for a while with WoW and not specific to the new upcoming Shadowlands expansion. In my backup computer I'm still running 3x GTX680 in SLI and while the game works great overall, even making good use of all 3 GPUs, the character image in the top of the screen will flicker sometimes and it can be distracting.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I think most that game problem need to be solved by the developer,

I still sitting on 442.59. I probably wont bother upgrade them cause game I have installed and are play work fine, no reason to change it less I start playing some newer game. and newest game I play is Bloodstained ritual of the night

Wouldnt mind if NVidia fixed the glitch UI when enabled gpu scaling. then again I dont use it and probably has been fixed

4. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I was thinking the same. Probably not much Nvidia can do with that one though until the developer fixes it. Hell I tried using 492.xx and it ran much better/smoother than the latest drivers, but that cache file it makes while "Optimizing" came out to be 22 MB instead of 575 and the loading times were like 5 minutes long...all of them. 5 min to get into the menu, 5 more to get in game, etc.

EDIT: Just fired up Horzon Zero Dawn with this driver. It was bad before, it's much worse now. The mouse lag is just insane now. Unplayable. Tried all the Low Latency modes, made no difference. Back to 451.85 for now.

Afterburner in-game bench result:
    Code:
    Driver 452.06:
    18-08-2020, 18:39:25 HorizonZeroDawn.exe benchmark completed, 2392 frames rendered in 46.672 s
                         Average framerate  :   51.2 FPS
                         Minimum framerate  :   38.5 FPS
                         Maximum framerate  :   57.4 FPS
                         1% low framerate   :   20.1 FPS
                         0.1% low framerate :    6.8 FPS

Driver 451.85:
    18-08-2020, 19:01:31 HorizonZeroDawn.exe benchmark completed, 2711 frames rendered in 46.812 s
                         Average framerate  :   57.9 FPS
                         Minimum framerate  :   47.7 FPS
                         Maximum framerate  :   62.8 FPS
                         1% low framerate   :   34.0 FPS
                         0.1% low framerate :   20.9 FPS

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    most of which are client issues when run on wddm 2.6+ drivers, which are equally as present on radeon systems.

kevnb likes this.
  6. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    I dont mind bugfixes and improvements.. but that wording that is needed to add support of same game to drivers, to make its working is sick.

7. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

To this day I still cannot play Dishonored 2, Even with a 2080ti.

8. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    i hope image sharpening and CUDA are both fixed in this package

windrunnerxj likes this.
  9. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    Why cant you run it? Im confused, I can run it with a 1070 if I have my settings adjusted properly.

Gandul likes this.
  10. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    Right, I played the game and its not so bad. The framerate was lower than expected, but I just lowered some settings and played fine at 1080 60 fps. This is why some developers just get rid of higher settings, many gamers just try to max everything and dont care if the settings are meant for future hardware.

11. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Link to DCH driver, I've never installed gforce experience. I have no need for it.

Thank you.

NVM, found it on page one, TUVM

12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    Installed and after restart Windows decided to install 432.00 version :rolleyes:

13. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Unplug the ethernet cable and try again. Windows 10 will install it's driver if it sees none are installed.

14. Roberto Alpizar

Roberto Alpizar Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070XC
    Cant run COD with these drivers again, back to 446.14

15. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4060
    Wondering the same about sharpening.

SatsuiNoHado likes this.

16. rab3072

rab3072 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 ULTRA
    Just tested in COD and sharpening is working. Also game runs fine with these drivers on my rig...

Mike6T likes this.
  17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

I always had issues with frame pacing. FPS would be fine but the gpu usage would drop or frametimes would be all over the place.

In fairness I last tried it a few days after I got the 2080ti so I should really give it another go,.

18. Erick

Erick Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB
    This is all interesting in terms of frame pacing.

So.....I have reported to NVIDIA on their forums that there is a Windowed Mode/Fullscreen Borderless Mode frame limitation when used at 240hz and the previous driver. I use the Acer Predator monitor XB273 with a RTX 2060 Super 8GB GDDR6 and when it's set to 240hz / DP 1.2 the Windowed Mode's frame rates drop to about 180 FPS. 120hz works fine, but 180hz seems to be it's limit, even with Microsoft Edge, yet, these guys are boasting the Ampere GPU. So.....

Without DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI 2.0b, you can't use 240hz at all. This could also be an OS limitation somewhere in the composite desktop since Windowed and Borderless Fullscreen modes still hook into the composite. However, Fullscreen Exclusive mode is fully compliant with DP 1.2 and 240hz as it bypasses the composite desktop completely.

It's not going to help if the Windows 10 driver and it's apps that hook into the composite desktop are limited at DisplayPort 1.1's standards / 180hz. I smell a bug here.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Fixed in next driver
    USBC display issues on notebooks
    PhysX performance degradation when HAGS is enabled

20. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    Night mode is not working anymore after I installed this driver ...anyone?