GeForce 442.59 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Deleted member 255716, Mar 10, 2020.

1. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I thought I had a DCH install, but then discovered that it actually was a Standard install when I checked.

"How can I tell which NVIDIA Windows Driver Type is installed on my PC?

To confirm the type of system you have, open the NVIDIA Control Panel -> select “System Information” from the bottom left hand corner -> locate Driver Type. The text that follows will show if the driver type is DCH or Standard. "

2. SoLoR

SoLoR Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti
    no it doesnt... maybe you had it installed from store from before but it definitely doesnt... download both dch and standard version, unpack them with 7zip, and you will see NvCplSetupInt.exe inside Display.Driver folder in standard driver and DCH version doesnt have it...

tiliarou likes this.
  3. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Really bad form when you're wrong. The DCH driver does not come with the Control Panel Applet ..take it away Bob...

What are DCH Display Drivers from NVIDIA?

Microsoft DCH (Declarative Componentized Hardware supported apps) drivers refers to a new universal Windows driver package. . Per Microsoft requirements, the NVIDIA Control Panel is no longer included in the base DCH driver package and is instead distributed exclusively through the Microsoft Store and seamlessly installed following the completion of the NVIDIA driver installation.
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...h/standard-display-drivers-for-windows-10-faq

tiliarou likes this.
  4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You have emotional issues. Clearly you already had the DCH installed before. You have the Nvidia Control Panel showing as a Windows app now even if you use DDU once you have installed a DCH driver version. We gave you the facts.
    The DCH control panel and the Standard are identical. The difference is in how it is installed. If your next post is not an apology for being an AH, then I would suggest you post elsewhere. Your ilk is not wanted here.

tiliarou likes this.

5. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW

This is mostly correct.

tiliarou, toyota and Anleck like this.
  6. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW
    No problem, bruh.

tiliarou likes this.
  7. Shayne

Shayne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Not all have or want access to the store? CPL is required. May be that is the diff between the two M$ trying to get you logged on to some useless app store to gather data for sale. Some are all for it but I have been there and done that with download.com and windows 95.

8. looniam

looniam Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    personal data mining is so 2012 . .

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Does this have any Destiny2 optimizations, since it has new season pass content and all.. ?

10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That is not a driver issue, the benchmark has been broken for some time, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Play the game proper, if it crashes there, then submit feedback.

no it didn't.

There is absolutely no NVCP files (not even language file sets) in the DCH package.

Farcry and Destiny 2 seem to use similar visual effect and implementation, since farcry performance went up in this driver, destiny 2 might be good now for you too.

-Tj- and Anleck like this.

11. InsideInfinity

InsideInfinity Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX980TI 6G
    I can tell you this much. On 442.37 CODWZ works flawlessly aswell ;)

12. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    How about you grow up and learn to admit when you're wrong? That would be swell, kid.

13. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Download.com is not affiliated with Windows. Your comparison makes no sense. Yes, everything is a vast conspiracy by MS to steal data. Meanwhile, your Facebook check in....FFS...

14. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    WRONG!! An unstable driver is a driver that causes crashes and artifacts.You don't have much experience if you think an unstable driver is one that causes fluctuations in FPS in synthetic benchmarks of all things. I have been a PC builder , troubleshooter and PC user with 36 years and what you think is an unstable driver is incorrect.

Kolt likes this.
  15. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Why are all the retards coming out of the woodwork in this thread?

Vidik, ShadowDuke, Kolt and 2 others like this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    "Per Microsoft requirements, the NVIDIA Control Panel is no longer included in the base DCH driver package and is instead distributed exclusively through the Microsoft Store and seamlessly installed following the completion of the NVIDIA driver installation."

from the very website you mentioned.

EDIT: as you were told already multiple times and you decided to throw a fit... ? Okay...

RE-EDIT: not sure why I even bother but your case is one of the following:

- you installed a standard driver package by mistake, not DCH
    - NV CPL was installed so "seamlessly" you missed it
    - NV CPL was already installed (note they state it isn't and needn't be replaced every time you update drivers, only when MS Store has an updated version available)

perhaps I bother to try and show you that just because you installed A and also have B, does not explicitly imply that A contained B.

Logic, worth learning, makes your life easier, trust me.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    Kolt and Mineria like this.
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Ok tnx, will check them out today.

18. loracle

loracle Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 super
    In my case and with my small experience ( 25 years of bulding my rigs) i never had a crash or artifacts caused by drivers ( maybe artifacts sometimes but very rare cases) even with the worst ones, and also when i was red, and i believe that a noticeable " not how it should be, i mean bigger fluctuations or weird " fps fluctuations in benches or games means an unstable driver, just the fact to say fluctuatiions means unstable, i invite you to look in a dictionary dude, be logic please.

fluctuations = an irregular rising and falling in number or amount; a variation.

salut.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
  19. wasteomind

wasteomind Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
    They come out in every driver thread because anytime someone posts something, there is always someone ready to jump on them and tell them they are wrong. They might be wrong, and its fine to correct them, but most people aren't exactly kind about it, mostly dismissive. One guy here in particular will never allow the drivers to be blamed, even when there is a proven bug.

Anyways can anyone who has installed this driver confirm whether game filters and instant replay are working with Final Fantasy XIV Online? They have been broken in the past couple driver releases.

loracle likes this.
  20. k3lt

k3lt Active Member

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1060 6GB
    Is it just me who updates to latest version once it comes out and never have any issues?