GeForce 442.50 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by zandathrax, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Maybe you aren't doing something these guys are?
    https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthre...-makes-the-game-crash-to-desktop-any-updates/

There has been ongoing reports from Rx users as well since the issues all started,

Also I assume you're a more hardware oriented and trained guy, because its quite easily to write code in a game that breaks every 5 minutes on tuesday but works fine on wednesday all day, especially when you're playing fast and dangerous with Root Signatures or not matching all constructors with destructors.

It is quite easy to hit undefined behavior in D3D12 if you are still learning it all, and the DX discord quite frequently has users show up quite unsure where their issue lays.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
    lukas_1987_dion likes this.
  2. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    I never said anything about Turing specifically, you should read what I posted.

Im just gonna call it quits for the sake of the thread

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Well FWIW I managed a 2+ hrs crash-free session in Division 2 w/ DX12 last night. Only change to earlier was DoF = Off.

Too early to tell if meaningful, I've had crash-free sessions before only for them to start suddenly again. Would be curious what happens if others try this as well.

For reference also have disabled motion blur and chromatic aberration. So DoF, motion blur and CA are Off.

EDIT: not using this driver though, still at 436.30. But that driver has crashed just as other versions have.

4. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    These have been running perfectly for me since release. No issues no blackouts or anything. Highest overclock on my end, which is not too harsh just a +50/200.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I think i have identified an issue in 442.19/442.37 involving video decoding causing the systems Paged Pool to be exhausted.

6. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I did, I did not say you said anything about it. It's like you just made something up just to avoid what I posted. I said perhaps Turning is more susceptible. What I was addressing was the claim DX12 was utterly broken and unplayable. Clearly it is not. My little ankle biter following me around has perhaps infected you with a mild form of rabies. ;)

You're running a factory OC too. What boost clocks are you hitting? I start at 2050 and settle at 2037 staying around 45-47C. If I have the heat on I might drop to 2025 if I tip over 50C or so.
    You're just ancedotal evidence that Turning seems to have more issues. I run 4K native at 85% scaling. Most settings are Ultra or high except shadows, AA at med and AF at 4X. My mins do not drop below 60 FPS.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  7. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Could be. I know a lot of small issues like that at times can slip through.

8. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    I boost to around 1950 or so max. I don't push this thing. It's worked so well, and it's a mining GPU, so no need for me to push anything gains are pretty minimal. It's stable and does well. I need to get some kind of return on this thing ha.

9. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti - RX 590
    Awesome set of drivers , nothing bad to report , no problems no issues on my primary gaming rig FE 2080Ti.

Spax1171 likes this.
  10. AATT

AATT Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    you tested ue4 game with these?

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Aye, I had a TDR on my backup pascal (1060) which i picked up just for video encoding and decoding, games are always on the more powerful card, all I can say i had open was a video paused that uses LAV copy back

12. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti

Its a 1080ti that is crashing.

13. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 SUPER
    random stuttering in BF5 and Control, back to 442.19

14. Troyboy

Troyboy New Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070/8GB
    With 442.50, the top of my browser pages (Chrome, Firefox, Vivaldi and Opera) and the top of my Microsoft mail page disappears. Also, when playing Division 2, my graphics are glitching and sometimes seems very static. After uninstalling and reinstalling 442.19, everything is back to normal. There is definitely an issue with the latest driver

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    That sounds like the cards borderline stable and nvidia's timing tweaks don't play nice with asus's own overclock.

16. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    I often have music going with LAV. I may have had one short duration blackout a bit ago, but not sure what it was as I was switching inputs on Denon and TV. Seems way more stable now. Probably should update all my k-lite stuff too.

17. Khronikos

Khronikos Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC2 1080ti
    Not yet no. I have a bunch of games installed will have to test more.

18. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 3G
    Warframe is crashing with these randomly, like 441.87 did. Back to 442.01 seems normal again, if I don't get TDR driver crash. If so, all the way back to 441.41.

19. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    This is my first time with a driver i get lost signal on my monitor, rollback to 399.24 and fixed the issue.

20. goodsmac

goodsmac Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti FE
    I´ve had this issue too for the first time. Yesterday I started Division 2, immediately after entering 3D mode the monitor went black and said: "out of range".