GeForce 442.19 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Feb 3, 2020.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC

Ok, the game runs fine no black square flashes or those green yellow lights in goro lair @dx11, But only if I play normally.

Once I turn on remote play to use nvidia h264 it starts doing it.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    do you have MSAA enabled globally, i've found it breaks remote play, either splitting the decoded picture into 4 strips in a strip at the top or glitching out.

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    No.

I also asked the one playing with me how is the picture and he said it was a bit blocky and latency, once i set to fixed 5mibt both were ok, but on my end I still saw those occasional black flashes on characters or other anomalies.

4. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW

"kiddo"
    K-rad, d00d.

5. Samus01

Samus01 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI
    I have to quote myself bc it fits here aswell, theres a possible bug with nvidias fps cap being not active while tabbing out of a fullscreen mode game.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not supposed to be active outside of the game.

7. Samus01

Samus01 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI
    says who? Im not using the global one, it is a profile for this game, the fps cap should stay for it no matter if you tab out, thats the case in rivatuners fps cap also.

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    says anyone who bothers to know how it works.

if you want the framerate limited while an application is not the active application use rtss.

Samus01 likes this.
  9. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Holy cow...I thought your last thread where you pulled this Dunning-Kruger act was an outlier. Nope, you're mental. Someone already hinted at this: it is not everyone else, it is YOU.

10. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    He doesn't seem ignorant on the facts at all.

11. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    As I told you in the other thread, these kind of comments is exactly why you shouldn't expect anyone to ever take you serious in a discussion. Refrain from insults the whole time and stick to the facts. That bullying attitude might work if you're on top of the food chain but don't expect to become successful in debates.

Basically everything I wrote in the other thread and this thread is based on a solid ground. If you make a bad argument and get proven wrong, swallow it.
    Like in the other thread, when you say there are no reports of the vulnerability being used, and I point out that the researchers say it can be used without leaving a trace, realize your flawed argument instead of going angry teenager.

English isn't my first language but I guess your Dunning-Kruger anecdote is what the english would call pot calling the kettle black.

allredKeyosk likes this.
  12. Samus01

Samus01 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080TI
    so it is really not a bug at all? Do you know the reason why nvidia do it this way, I find it kinda annoying when I tabbed out of my game and the gpu fans went crazy also coil whine bc it was around 800fps in the game.

also yes I used rtss back then might just stick with it then ;(

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    when you alt tab out of an exclusive application in some cases the app still controls the desktop sync, with a locked framerate this can make the desktop perform fairly poorly i've experienced that in the past using their v1/v2 limiter in opengl titles such as homeworld 2.

the v3 limiter must be intentionally changed to not suffer from this. It would have to be pretty intentional to disengage a frame limit just because the game is no longer the active task.

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Which version is the same as the new one in NVCP "max frame rate", Version 3?

Anyway, these drivers are working fine for me.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    It's officially a shitty driver for me.

It made Destiny2 hang 2x, one time buzz sound, 2nd time just hang in windows and couldn't alt+tab (I'm guessing TDR).

442.01 never had that, will revert to that.

jura11 likes this.

16. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    I can only agree on this, in Witcher 3 this driver 442.19 caused so many CTD and Witcher 3 has been simply unplayable, currently running 442.01 and pretty happy with this driver for gaming, in rendering on other hand its not the best but sadly Studio Drivers are worse than GeForce gaming driver in rendering or gaming, in Octane or Blender or IRAY Studio drivers are one of the worst, they cause TDR in best case or just ypu are unable to use GPUs in rendering

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

-Tj- likes this.
  17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I had one CTD in Witcher 3 on the previous drivers, the hotfix and this driver fixed that for me. As for rendering, I completed a few 30 min long renders in Blender using OptiX, no issues.

18. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    I think I have tried few of last drivers, 442.01 seems is best one for me and for Witcher 3,Toussaint map or Blood and Wine there you will get probably biggest portion of CTD with these drivers, tried like underclocking GPU or tried with stock clocks or OC, it happened with all three cases, per one session or one 4 hour session I got 10 CTD which is crazy

Regarding the Blender, assuming you are running single GPU and assume yours scene is not high poly etc?

I can do one render which will passes, then another will crash with CUDA errors all over, this I can replicate like in Blender Cycles or Octane or Redshift in C4D or Poser SuperFly etc

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    sounds like unstable ram being passed off as a driver issue.

no, memtest passing doesn't prove otherwise.

20. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    I'm not sure what to say, @jura11 The Witcher 3, including Blood and Wine work great now. At least on my system. Then again, I never had issues that bad, only one CTD on previous driver, event viewer told me it was the driver crashing. Which could be bad overclock, but considering after I put the hotfix on (which should have the same fix as this driver) I've since had play sessions way longer without issues.

I've rendered my own scene, which is low poly, with many lights. Also tried the Blender example renders. But maybe that's because I'm using OptiX, not CUDA? I did one render on CUDA+CPU out of curiosity (on my project) took an extra 10 minutes but It completed fine.

jura11 likes this.