GeForce 442.19 Game Ready Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by jwb1, Feb 3, 2020.

1. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW

https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

I go here and then pick "Beta and Older Drivers"

mbk1969 likes this.
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Ever since Red Dead Redemption 2 came out it's been my go to game to test new drivers with. These work just fine. Man that game has really come a long way since release, I've gained 10 more fps on average to this point since Nov 5th. So cheers to Nvidia and Rockstar.

3. toyota

toyota Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
    ok thanks. that sure is a convoluted way of just getting a standard driver. what is this push to have dch drivers as the norm now? isnt the only difference having the control panel bundled in?

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Different possibly soon to become the new standard for drivers from Microsoft on how the software is distributed and what's allowed by having it into various components mainly the core driver as one part and then extras (Like the control panel.) though AMD which I'm on doesn't quite follow that design. :p
    Far as I know it's managed between Microsoft Update (Or the hardware vendor itself.) for the main driver part and then those extras would be in the form of Windows Universal Apps with the key driver bit also restricted mostly to the Windows folder and some other changes for how it's installed and permissions and where it gets installed.

Landed in Redstone 3 but it's dragged a bit for replacing the older format although in the newer Windows 10 builds it's often the default but the OS at least for now still allows installing the older driver model without issue.

EDIT: Think Redstone 5 was intended to push DCH as the only model initially but I assume it dragged a bit from software and driver support even if several are now onboard with this change.
    At least audio and GPU wise, not too sure on the rest, network I think Intel has support for now and then chipset I'm entirely unsure on that situation and the whole ton of various input drivers and others.
    (So it's not going to take over just yet and I doubt Microsoft could just scrap the existing model all that easily either.)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020

5. aayman_farzand

aayman_farzand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Has anyone gotten Sharpening to work on CSGO though NVCPL? It refuses to work for a friend and myself. We're both using 1070s.

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its profiled out because it caused things like wall hacking.

7. Dean_Demon

Dean_Demon Member

GPU:
    Titan RTX 24 GB
    I'm pleased to see that we can go down to 20 frames in the maximum frame rates feature but i just wish nvidia could bring this down to single digits too, i do a lot of emulation, rework and animation on older games and software and go as low as 4 fps to achieve this. This won't effect 99% of users but it would certainly help me as i have to write my own tools and drivers to achieve this which isn't ideal but the only way in reality, hope we have some more updates on this in the future.

BlindBison likes this.
  8. BlindBison

BlindBison Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    @Dean_Demon Agreed, they should also add Decimal values out to at least two digits like RTSS for users who wish to use the low lag Vsync trick (like it the BlurBusters guide).

9. NewTRUMP Order

NewTRUMP Order Master Guru

GPU:
    STRIX GTX 1080
    Can you use Riva Tuner for this? I think you can set the fps limiter to 1.

10. rewt

rewt Maha Guru

GPU:
    Yes
    Or what if you type the number you want in Profile Inspector's Frame Rate Limiter v3 field?

11. IronRush

IronRush Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Ultra
    Windows 10 Only [Mortal Kombat]: The game may randomly crash to the desktop without error [2813996]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said here one million times...
    The problem was in the nvidia driver. I really really hope to see this absurd issue fixed now. That thing is haunting us since launch. Every single session my game crash to desktop with no message.
    Let's see... miracle can happen...

12. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Need more details.

13. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
  14. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    We are aligning with the direction Microsoft is moving with for Windows 10. Standard drivers can still be downloaded from our Advanced Drivers Downloads page:
    https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?langen-us

Here is an FAQ that goes into more details on the differences between DCH and Standard drivers:
    https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4777

15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    How long should a legacy product be supported with expensive driver support for an audience measured by now, in the thousands if that? At some point stuff goes EOL and you know this. I'm sure I won't find you wailing in every motherboard thread where BIOS support is dropped after a couple of years as SOP.

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

LOL wut?

17. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    What's your confusion?

18. David Lake

David Lake Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V watercooled
    Yay windows 7! I love you nvidia!

19. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    But for how long though? When do you guys plan on pulling the plug for standard drivers altogether and stop supplying them leaving only DCH as the only option?

G*addict likes this.
  20. sneipen

sneipen Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080
    Worth updating to this from 441.87?
    Have a Rtx 2080, overclocked.
    I mostly play escape from tarkov, it uses unity game engine.