GeForce 441.41 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by schilperoordbas, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Hemisfear likes this.
  2. gozunz

gozunz Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Im not that person, but there has been issues with UE4 for something like 6 months now. This person, myself, and others all notice these issues with every new driver release.
    Im personally a dev that uses UE4, so that is 100% the most important thing for me :)
    Im quite sure its not limited to his config (not that issue anyways...)

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    UE4's issues are mostly not within the driver but the merging of an incomplete / broken multithreaded DirectX 11 branch having deadlock conditions that stall or rightly so triggering driver resets (the driver model is designed to engine reset in the case of inescapable loops and shader dead locks).

The reason why AMD drivers don't lock in these conditions is the simple fact they never supported DCL/MTD3D11 beyond Civ V, and later removed it entirely.

The claim that this has been going on for 6 months is also incorrect, its been occuring since 2016 and was partially introduced through Driver model changes that no longer allows display drivers to catch and ignore such issues. (Microsoft have gotten strict about forcing studio's to release code that doesn't rely on undefined or faulty behavior)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Darren Hodgson likes this.
  4. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    thx for the info - I thought you were talking about a newer one. I'm on 8851 anyways.

5. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I'm personally using an unofficial version of 6.0.1.8787 (specifically 8787.1 - UAD, of course) for a long time now as many other versions I've tried seem to cause some minor latency issues.
    I might be a bit of an edge case though since I'm running an otherwise unsupported old Haswell system. But these drivers in particular have been treating me well.

I get most of my drivers pre-modded for older systems from here (where you can also get the one I'm using) if anyone's interested: https://github.com/pal1000/Realtek-UAD-generic

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hhmmmm i thought this image sharpen thing was GFE only? or can it actual be done in NVCP? or is enabled in the NVCP by require GFE to setup?

7. snkykun

snkykun New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    It can be used directly through NVCP, GFE is not required at all.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    That what the other thing that supposedly increase PQ that I been reading the needs GFE?

9. PQED

PQED Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Freestyle?

I don't use GFE at all myself, so that's just a guess.

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Are you talking about DLSS or the ReShade filters?

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Umm what? Every critique I posted was based on what said you do to modify your system.

A. I don't care about your OS switch.
    B. You don't get to decide what warrants discussion when you are reporting issues and you've modified key system files extensively.
    C. So what?
    D. This is an absurd claim as there are megabytes of bodges in the drivers to get around SLI issues, and 3 and 4 way is not longer officially supported.

Your answer: The reason is, it's sloppy and a waste of resources as I already stated. As a professional it is an anathema to see such material muck up a thread for real driver issues. I won't attack your character as you did mine.

last
    https://blogs.microsoft.com/on-the-issues/2019/11/11/microsoft-california-privacy-rights/

12. tiliarou

tiliarou Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 980M
    It's a thread to discuss the driver, including its issues. Not only for the issue you estimate worth it...
    If you don't have any problem, that's fine, no need to bother others by telling them their problem is not worth mentioning...
    On point A, you specifically commented that the issue would be on his side and a registry hack. He is simply responding that it's not a hack but a feature.
    Point B. fair enough.

13. windrunnerxj

windrunnerxj Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 1060 6G
    ReShade? Nvidia only added the ability to use/import shaders from ReShade in Freestyle.
    Basically this just adds more postprocess shaders into Freestyle, though you need to download them separately since they don't include them in GFE or drivers.
    Original standalone ReShade injector is still available so you can use it instead of adding reshade shaders into Freestyle. Also Freestyle implementation has more restrictions on imported reshade shaders.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  14. Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams Active Member

GPU:
    2 x Titan RTX, 24GB
    I appreciate your post but, it doesn't help really. I deal with just CUDA programming so the stuff you mention doesn't affect me at all. It is certainly interesting though. They have another "WHQL" driver so that should solve the CUDA SDK issue. I quoted WHQL because that means very little these days, other than the fact that it was signed, presumably.

tiliarou likes this.
  15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Its probably ReShade, Not that I ever use that. As for DLSS not even sure if I can use that and IF can if it needs GFE then I will probably never use it. still refuse to put GFE on my systems until such time I need to or have no choice.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    I double checked if it really was this driver and yup best for D2.
    By best I mean when there is like 20 enemies and 8 players casting stuff and all those explosions/particles, 441.66, 441.71 or those mentioned in quote all had more fps drops in such scenarios.

Only one 436.65 was also ok and then one earlier 425.xx. Rest all ran worse or had minor stutters, latest vulkan 441.71 had it the worst, not so bad like new Starwars, but it was distracting.

I probably wouldn't notice these fps drops as much at native 1080p, but I'm downsamping it. I had 150% before moon, now I have to use 130% or it would drop below 60fps there. Guess they also updated gfx engine a bit, made it more demanding, and does look nicer too then idk 6-8months ago.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    just be aware that D2 was resetting user graphics settings up till the Dec18 patch.

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Actually it was the other way around for me, I started to have this bug with Dawnblade update, hot fix later fixed it again.

19. AATT

AATT Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    interesting..
    im on 417.35 and have random "fatal error" message game crashes on a UE4 game, what is a stable driver to upgrade to?