GeForce 441.41 WHQL driver download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by schilperoordbas, Nov 26, 2019.

1. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio X 2080ti
    Sadly the Gsync validated marker for my LG C9 OLED has vanished with this driver and there is tearing in game.

2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Scaling is only for Turing. I'm just using the sharpening. Yes indeed the over all hit is a few percent how ever the min FPS dropped significantly and it was perceptibly less smooth. So for me, not using sharping at 85%in using the game scaler gave me more consistent and higher mins than using it at .20 and 75% scaling.

3. vmanuelgm

vmanuelgm Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    This driver sometimes causes weird/doubled textures in BFV when sharpening on (game specific), after entering in certain multiplayer maps.

4. Erick

Erick Active Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury 4GB HBM
    With this driver, I had to report that Fast Boot by hardware causes G-Sync to disengage at 120hz on the ASUS Rampage IV Extreme. I just disabled the hardware Fast Boot altogether and G-Sync was working.

5. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti Windforce
  6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Redacted by NDA
    venturi likes this.
  7. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Trio X 2080ti
    Well the C9/B9 only have Gsync in North America.

European and Other nations C9 OLEDs do not have software for it yet.

Darren Hodgson likes this.
  8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    European C9s should have the update, at least those in the UK as firmware 04.70.12 is available which is needed to enable it. My own B9 has the required update via firmware 04.70.04. I believe this update was released a few weeks back.

9. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    Observations on this driver so far:

Observations are from a 4x Titan V system and a 4x Titan XP system.
    Testing done at 3840x2160 and 4096x2160
    Max eye candy except AA is limited to TAA or SMAA
    No DoF, No motion blur, no vignetting, no noise, etc -settings set to best visual experience trying to minimize loss of detail. While no AA would be best, I like limiting some of the jaggies.

While one may appreciate the need for continued new drivers every time a new title comes out, I find the following issues with the 441.41 driver in comparison to 431.86

*Hitching and stutter on UE4 titles. (specific to Volta)
    *Hitching and stutter and micro freezes on SOTTR (Volta and Titan XP)
    *Desktop "flash" between opening or closing windows when Gsynch is on fullscreen and window setting (Volta and Titan XP)
    *I noticed that GPUs don't clock back down on occasion after exiting a 3d game/app (Volta and Titan XP)
    *Power setting set to "driver controlled" no longer provides same performance as "max performance" setting in 3d app/game (specific to Volta)
    *Some additional issues in OpenGL apps/games that were introduced after 431.86 onward to 441.41 (Volta and Titan XP)
    *instability in nvcpl that was introduced after 426.xx due to using MS store analytics, some of the driver releases since 426.xx don't manifest it while others do. Issue appeared when the additional RAS folder appeared in program files / nvidia corporation. Removing the ras.dll solved issues in 431.86 but did not help with 441.41. I don't have microsoft store turned on as my OS let's me turn it off. (Yes using standard driver, not DCH) No reason for me to have microsoft store on

Reverting to 431.86 solves all reported aberrant behaviors

Thank you

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    gozunz and jura11 like this.
  10. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB 2060S,Gsync,3DV2
    Work as they should, so far no issues.

AuerX likes this.

11. NerdyBro

NerdyBro New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI SC EVGA
    Mine is working fine (RTX 2080 TI) but I did have some issues with HDR not working until a few reboots.

I do have an issue with the screen flashing black for a quick second during AC:O but I think that is game related.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Ok....after reading through the thread, I ask you. Should I install this driver for my 1660Ti?

This looks like an AMD driver thread.....lol

Yes, as I said earlier in the year, the 1660Ti is going back into a system. Just not the system is was originally installed in. It's going to be paired with my old i5 6600K.

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti XS OC
    I would say yes, it's been working fine for me. The only games I'm playing right now though are RDR 2 and GTA online and they haven't given me any trouble.

14. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980 TI FTW

Just do it and find out.

Liam Onestone likes this.
  15. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    I went back to the 441.20, I had some random freezes with these

16. Weekend

Weekend Member

GPU:
    R9 270X 2GB
    Hi, I noticed that the list of supported games to use the nvidia freestyle are now online!
    Before every driver had a list and it worked offline. Now when I'm not online the freestyle won't work at all! messages me: "game not supported!"
    But when I go online it works. For example in borderlands 3 or hitman 2.

Is there a workaround for this? if I have to rollback to first local listed freestyle which one is it?

Thanks in advance.

17. sunnyp_343

sunnyp_343 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus ROG GTX 1080
    No.And its still hangs and crash.Today i was playing online and was in for 4 minute and browsing catalogue.It got hanged.I can't end task game my whole pc got hanged.I had to force shutdown PC.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    downgrade your realtek uad driver.

19. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    @Astyanax
    which UAD version is causing issues?

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

How many of your issues are caused by you modifying your system files and driver install and not using standard configurations? I ask because, unless they replicate YOUR unique conditions and alterations to the OS, they will likely have different results. Given that, I am not sure your input does anything but cause confusion. If you operate with a DEFAULT OS install and drivers, what issues to you have then?